Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits affair, won’t run for U.S. Senate: ‘There’s no excuse’

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Another one bites the dust.

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits affair, won’t run for U.S. Senate: ‘There’s no excuse’

After initially denying reports of an affair, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill on Wednesday afternoon told AL.com that he had “an inappropriate relationship” with a 44-year-old woman and will not make an anticipated run for the U.S. Senate.

“I will obviously not be a candidate for the United States Senate nor will I be seeking any other elected position in 2022, because I think it’s important to me to make sure that I become the man that I have been before and that I am working to put myself in the position to be the leader that I have been before, as a husband, as a father, as a friend and as an elected official,” Merrill said.

Merrill, elected Alabama’s secretary of state in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, and was term limited from seeking a third term in 2022.

“With the end of my term coming up in January of 2023, I have been presented with a variety of options for where my path in public service could lead,” a statement from his office read. “I have decided that I will not be a candidate for any office in 2022.”

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday morning, Merrill denied having had an affair and accused Cesaire McPherson of “stalking” and “harassing” him.

McPherson declined to answer questions on the record Wednesday, instead providing a recording and a short statement.

“I don’t want to say anything other than here’s the proof that John Merrill is a liar,” she said. “Here’s the true John Merrill.”

After initially denying reports of an affair, Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill on Wednesday afternoon told AL.com that he had “an inappropriate relationship” with a 44-year-old woman and will not make an anticipated run for the U.S. Senate.

“I will obviously not be a candidate for the United States Senate nor will I be seeking any other elected position in 2022, because I think it’s important to me to make sure that I become the man that I have been before and that I am working to put myself in the position to be the leader that I have been before, as a husband, as a father, as a friend and as an elected official,” Merrill said.

Merrill, elected Alabama’s secretary of state in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, and was term limited from seeking a third term in 2022.

“With the end of my term coming up in January of 2023, I have been presented with a variety of options for where my path in public service could lead,” a statement from his office read. “I have decided that I will not be a candidate for any office in 2022.”

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday morning, Merrill denied having had an affair and accused Cesaire McPherson of “stalking” and “harassing” him.

McPherson declined to answer questions on the record Wednesday, instead providing a recording and a short statement.

“I don’t want to say anything other than here’s the proof that John Merrill is a liar,” she said. “Here’s the true John Merrill.”

When's the last time you had a man
I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t choose you if the opportunity presented itself.

Quite a turn around from the morning interview to 3:30 this afternoon. Sounds like he had a shitty day. He is making the right decision, trying to move back to principle. I wish him well.

When's the last time you had a man
Probably after the last time you had a man. Or any intimacy for that matter. What an asshole you are. Address the OP.
I mean it is really simple.

Surprised, considering today's GOP, he didn't take that and use it as a plus.

Are Republicans in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?
Are Democrats in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?
Dude what a sick burn! You sure showed her! No one is any match for that wit!
I think you missed the point. I'll help you out...

Saying bullshit like that doesn't mean anything. The only worthy response to it is to show that it didn't actually mean anything.

Are Republicans in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?
Are Democrats in the 21st Century the most corrupt and morally degenerate in U.S. history?
Yes, and considering what they've been before, that's almost shocking. They've progressed from sleazy to evil in a decade and now they've moved on to blood thirsty.

Yes, and considering what they've been before, that's almost shocking. They've progressed from sleazy to evil in a decade and now they've moved on to blood thirsty.
You know, it's not really effective nor convincing to wag fingers at Democrats after you went all in on the orange cult.

Do you have a moral issue with two consenting adults having a private affair? Shit that was the position of you people when your guy in the 90s was having an intern young enough to be his daughter suck his twinkie.

Forum List

Back