Alabama Execution Called Off at 11th Hour After Triple-Killer’s Veins Can’t Be Accessed

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Interesting.
Can't administer injection in time before warrant expires. Looks like being a fatty paid off!

When the Supreme Court cleared the way for Alan Miller’s lethal injection on Thursday night, the triple-killer spent several hours believing he was about to die. But when the moment arrived, prison officials had difficulty accessing his veins and, with a midnight deadline looming, the decision was abruptly made to call the execution off.

Alabama Department of Corrections
© Provided by The Daily Beast Alabama Department of Corrections
Miller, 57, was sentenced to death for murdering three men in a workplace shooting rampage in 1999. The choice to halt proceedings and send Miller back to his cell at around 11:30 p.m. came just hours after judges had determined that the execution should proceed.
The Supreme Court overturned earlier decisions blocking the death sentence from being carried out over Miller’s request to be suffocated to death through nitrogen hypoxia—an as-yet untested method of execution that Alabama legalized in 2018. The state said it had no record of Miller ever making such a request, but Miller insists he signed a form asking to be killed by inhaling nitrogen gas because he is afraid of needles.
“Due to time constraints resulting from the lateness of the court proceedings, the execution was called off once it was determined the condemned inmate’s veins could not be accessed in accordance with our protocol before the expiration of the death warrant,” Alabama Corrections Commissioner John Hamm said, according to the Associated Press, adding that “accessing the veins was taking a little bit longer than we anticipated.”

Bring back the guillotine.

Just a stainless steel room that can very easily be cleaned and a guillotine is quick, easy, no expensive drugs, guaranteed to do the job the first time, and simple.

just give him some fentanyl, it kills thousands of people
it even killed George Floyd
All kidding aside, if I was diagnosed with a terminal cancer, I'd get someone to buy me some Fentanyl. I'd lock it up and have it available for that moment when our medical system told me their lawyers said I was taking too much pain medication.

Interesting.
Can't administer injection in time before warrant expires. Looks like being a fatty paid off!

When the Supreme Court cleared the way for Alan Miller’s lethal injection on Thursday night, the triple-killer spent several hours believing he was about to die. But when the moment arrived, prison officials had difficulty accessing his veins and, with a midnight deadline looming, the decision was abruptly made to call the execution off.

Alabama Department of Corrections
© Provided by The Daily Beast Alabama Department of Corrections
Miller, 57, was sentenced to death for murdering three men in a workplace shooting rampage in 1999. The choice to halt proceedings and send Miller back to his cell at around 11:30 p.m. came just hours after judges had determined that the execution should proceed.
The Supreme Court overturned earlier decisions blocking the death sentence from being carried out over Miller’s request to be suffocated to death through nitrogen hypoxia—an as-yet untested method of execution that Alabama legalized in 2018. The state said it had no record of Miller ever making such a request, but Miller insists he signed a form asking to be killed by inhaling nitrogen gas because he is afraid of needles.
“Due to time constraints resulting from the lateness of the court proceedings, the execution was called off once it was determined the condemned inmate’s veins could not be accessed in accordance with our protocol before the expiration of the death warrant,” Alabama Corrections Commissioner John Hamm said, according to the Associated Press, adding that “accessing the veins was taking a little bit longer than we anticipated.”
Like I've said many times, no more failed dog and pony show executions. Put him in front of a robot with an AK-47. Game over in 4 seconds.

Forum List

Back