Al Qaida in Iraq threatens to blow up the White House

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Al Qaida in Iraq threatens to blow up White House
Agencies

Baghdad: A purported audio recording by the leader of Iraq's Al Qaida wing gloated over the resignation of US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and threatened to blow up the White House.

Abu Hamza Al Muhajir, also known as Abu Ayyub Al Masri, said in the recording posted on the Internet on Friday that the group had 12,000 armed fighters and 10,000 others waiting to be equipped to fight US troops in Iraq.

"I tell the lame duck (US administration) do not rush to escape as did your defence minister...stay on the battle ground," he said.

He said his group would not rest until it had blown up the presidential mansion in Washington.

"I swear by God we shall not rest from jihad until we...blow up the filthiest house known as the White House," the voice on the recording said.
The authenticity of the message could not be independently confirmed.

"The location chosen by your mujahedeen brethren to set up their state... is but a stepping stone for the leap," Muhajir said, referring to the "Islamic state of Iraq" proclaimed last month.

An alliance of Sunni insurgents headed by the Iraq branch of Al Qaida announced the creation of an independent Islamic emirate in Iraq in a video posted on the Internet on October 15, after parliament in Baghdad approved a federal constitution for the war-ravaged country.

In Friday's message, Muhajir said: "I tell the commander of the faithful, the honorable Sheikh Abu Omar Al Baghdadi: I have put 12,000 Al Qaida fighters at the disposal of the Islamic state of Iraq," pledging allegiance to the state's emir.

The Al Qaida chief appealed to major Iraqi Sunni insurgent groups, notably the Army of Ansar Al Sunna, the Islamic Army of Iraq and the Mujahedeen's Army, to endorse the self-styled state and pledge allegiance to its emir.

Muhajir slammed US President George W. Bush, gloated over his Republican party's defeat in mid-term elections widely attributed to US involvement in Iraq, and said US forces occupying the country were preparing to cut and run.

"The enemy is now teetering under the blows of the mujahedeen... and preparing to pack up and flee," he said.

"I thank the most stupid and worst president America - the country of slaves and drugs - has ever had for giving us this great historic opportunity," he said in the recording.

"The American people have taken the first step on the right path in order to get out of their impasse and have started to realise the treachery of their president and his subordination to Israel, voting for a measure of reason in the latest elections," Muhajir said.

"I tell (Bush): don't hurry to flee like your defense minister (Donald Rumsfeld, who resigned on Wednesday). We have still not quenched our thirst for your blood."

Muhajir also charged that Bush's policies had enabled Shiite Iran to spread its influence in Afghanistan, Iraq and other countries.

White House spokesman Tony Snow declined to comment on the recording

Let's hope the Dems got this message and think this threat is at least as important to their agenda as, let's say, raising the minimum wage, which many of our states have already done on their own without any help from Washington.

Let's hope the Dems got this message and think this threat is at least as important to their agenda as, let's say, raising the minimum wage, which many of our states have already done on their own without any help from Washington.

Yup this threat IS very important no denying that. Like you I also hope that the Dems. take it seriously and not as some sort of a sham.

Akshay

I never doubt they mean what they say. While it may be hyperbole today, they mean for it to come to pass and unlike us, they are patient.

I never doubt they mean what they say. While it may be hyperbole today, they mean for it to come to pass and unlike us, they are patient.

AMEN!!!!!!

The underlying message is that now the Democrats are in charge, their chances of hitting the White House have improved greatly.

AMEN!!!!!!

The underlying message is that now the Democrats are in charge, their chances of hitting the White House have improved greatly.

Yep, that's their message received, but I do think they will be proven wrong. I doubt very much that the Dems will do what I like, but I do not doubt that when push comes to shove, they will protect the country. Yes, I am serious.

Yep, that's their message received, but I do think they will be proven wrong. I doubt very much that the Dems will do what I like, but I do not doubt that when push comes to shove, they will protect the country. Yes, I am serious.

Please say your kidding--the only assets that the Democrats would fight to protect are abortion clinics and gay pride parades. Oh ya---and trees.

Well, I'll just hope that right along with you, Kathianne; but I don't have the conviction you seem to have. I'm just taking as my gauge what happened the last time the Dems held national power (to Americans and American property both in this country and abroad) and how the Dems say they are going to dismantle all the safeguards the Bush Administration has put in place to fight the terrorists.

Forum List

Back