Al Qaeda To Hit US In Germany - Imminent

red states rule

May 30, 2006
No Threat Here...........

ABC NEWS: OFFICIALS BELIEVE A TERRORIST ATTACK AGAINST AMERICANS IN GERMANY IS IMMINENT

U.S. and German officials fear terrorists are in the advanced planning stages of an attack on U.S. military personnel or tourists in Germany.

Law enforcement officials tell the Blotter on ABCNews.com that U.S. air marshals have been diverted to provide expanded protection of flights between Germany and the United States.

"The information behind the threat is very real," a senior U.S. official told ABC News.

German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schauble told reporters, "The danger level is high. We are part of the global threat by Islamist terrorism." Of particular concern, according to U.S. and German law enforcement officials, is Patch Barracks, the headquarters for U.S. European Command, near Stuttgart.

Security at all U.S. military and diplomatic facilities has been increased in the last month following reports that suspected terrorists had conducted surveillance of the Patch Barracks facility.

"The attack would be designed to create high numbers of casualties among both Germans and the U.S. military," said ABC News consultant Richard Clarke, a former White House counterterror official.

The 9/11 hijackers planned their operation out of Hamburg, Germany, and the country continues to be known as a staging area for al Qaeda and groups affiliated with it. "There are 300 to 500 people who are suspected to be part of al Qaeda cells in Germany," said Col. Andrew Pratt (Ret.) of the George Marshall Center in Germany.

"In a democratic state like Germany, you just can't go out and arbitrarily arrest people because they are under suspicion," Pratt said.

German officials have called for enhanced police powers to keep suspected terror groups in check.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1832044/posts

How will Al Qaeda find us in Germany? Do you think they will follow some of our troop transports there?

I mean...we say if we leave Iraq, they will follow us to America..... I guess that means they really don't know how to get here or anywhere else without having someone show them the way.

How will Al Qaeda find us in Germany? Do you think they will follow some of our troop transports there?

I mean...we say if we leave Iraq, they will follow us to America..... I guess that means they really don't know how to get here or anywhere else without having someone show them the way.

Are you just an Idiot? We weren't IN IRAQ until 2003, why is it that 9/11 and all the other attacks occurred?

Are you just an Idiot? We weren't IN IRAQ until 2003, why is it that 9/11 and all the other attacks occurred?

sarcasm obviously escapes you. have you not been paying attention to the republicans who keep saying that we must stay in Iraq or Al Qaeda will "follow us home"?

try not insulting me, and I won't insult you. OK?

How will Al Qaeda find us in Germany? Do you think they will follow some of our troop transports there.
They already know where we are. We have military bases all throughout Germany, it's no secret. They are very decentralized and some are right in the middle of cities and towns. Before 9/11, we had private security companies handling gate security. After the War in Iraq started the US military and German Army fully took over the base security duties. I left in the fall of 2003 so I don't know what it's like now.

sarcasm obviously escapes you. have you not been paying attention to the republicans who keep saying that we must stay in Iraq or Al Qaeda will "follow us home"?

Sorry, I kind of missed the sarcasm part too. My bad.

No Threat Here...........

ABC NEWS: OFFICIALS BELIEVE A TERRORIST ATTACK AGAINST AMERICANS IN GERMANY IS IMMINENT

U.S. and German officials fear terrorists are in the advanced planning stages of an attack on U.S. military personnel or tourists in Germany.

Law enforcement officials tell the Blotter on ABCNews.com that U.S. air marshals have been diverted to provide expanded protection of flights between Germany and the United States.

"The information behind the threat is very real," a senior U.S. official told ABC News.

German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schauble told reporters, "The danger level is high. We are part of the global threat by Islamist terrorism." Of particular concern, according to U.S. and German law enforcement officials, is Patch Barracks, the headquarters for U.S. European Command, near Stuttgart.

Security at all U.S. military and diplomatic facilities has been increased in the last month following reports that suspected terrorists had conducted surveillance of the Patch Barracks facility.

"The attack would be designed to create high numbers of casualties among both Germans and the U.S. military," said ABC News consultant Richard Clarke, a former White House counterterror official.

The 9/11 hijackers planned their operation out of Hamburg, Germany, and the country continues to be known as a staging area for al Qaeda and groups affiliated with it. "There are 300 to 500 people who are suspected to be part of al Qaeda cells in Germany," said Col. Andrew Pratt (Ret.) of the George Marshall Center in Germany.

"In a democratic state like Germany, you just can't go out and arbitrarily arrest people because they are under suspicion," Pratt said.

German officials have called for enhanced police powers to keep suspected terror groups in check.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1832044/posts

Well, ya know...If Bush had pursued the real enemy after 9/11 instead of working out his chubby for Saddam Hussein, we probably wouldn't have to worry about shit like this. The world would still be co-operating with the US in hounding terrorists across the globe, and they wouldn't have time to plan this kind of crap. But no, we've the bulk of our ground forces either tied up in Iraq, recovering from Iraq, or getting ready to go BACK to Iraq. Whaddaya think?

What cooperation? We had to brow beat Europe into sending troops to Afghanistan long after the invasion. France and Germany are not interested in any war on Terror, they would rather bribe Arab terrorists to leave them alone.

I guess this went in one ear and out the other

What cooperation? We had to brow beat Europe into sending troops to Afghanistan long after the invasion. France and Germany are not interested in any war on Terror, they would rather bribe Arab terrorists to leave them alone.

The UN Oil for Food program made alot of money for France, Germany, and Saddam

Forum List

Back