Al-Qaeda emerges amid Egypt’s turmoil

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

CAIRO —*"During the last week of August, I spent a few nights in the villages of the northern Sinai Peninsula*where Islamist militants have been hiding*and operating*since the January 25 Revolution. It was a pitch-black night when I drove around with a tribal kingpin; he took back roads, drove slowly, turned off his headlights and clearly knew*the consequences*of being spotted by a military checkpoint."*

"There are around 1,000 al-Qaeda fighters here in the Sinai Peninsula, operating under the different groups, and a lot of them are foreigners," he added. "

Al-Qaeda emerges amid Egypt?s turmoil - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

I attribute this growth of Al-Qaeda as a direct response to Egypt's present Fascist government, that overthrew a democratically elected government.

Not surprising developments.

CAIRO —*"During the last week of August, I spent a few nights in the villages of the northern Sinai Peninsula*where Islamist militants have been hiding*and operating*since the January 25 Revolution. It was a pitch-black night when I drove around with a tribal kingpin; he took back roads, drove slowly, turned off his headlights and clearly knew*the consequences*of being spotted by a military checkpoint."*

"There are around 1,000 al-Qaeda fighters here in the Sinai Peninsula, operating under the different groups, and a lot of them are foreigners," he added. "

Al-Qaeda emerges amid Egypt?s turmoil - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

I attribute this growth of Al-Qaeda as a direct response to Egypt's present Fascist government, that overthrew a democratically elected government.

Not surprising developments.

I would imagine there are Muslim people who are against the Muslim Brotherhood and other Muslims who are all for it, like the terrorists in Al Qaeda.

Forum List

Back