Al Michaels

thanks

I bought his book on audible and was a bit dismayed that he had someone else read most of the book. I get doing that if you're not a broadcaster but wow...really...he had someone else read his autobiography?

Anyway...you work one day a week and you get "bye weeks"? Incredible.
Sounds like Al is getting lazy in his old age. I can relate. :cool:

thanks

I bought his book on audible and was a bit dismayed that he had someone else read most of the book. I get doing that if you're not a broadcaster but wow...really...he had someone else read his autobiography?

Anyway...you work one day a week and you get "bye weeks"? Incredible.
Sounds like Al is getting lazy in his old age. I can relate. :cool:
Did you read/listen to any of the book?

There is a chapter in the book (still don't know why he put it in and why his editor didn't advise against it) where he was talking about his experience on this movie called Baseketball (spelled correctly). Both he and Bob Costas are in the movie. Each one knew pretty much from the beginning the comedy was going to be low-brow and stupid. During one of the delays in filming they discussed it and, as I recall in the book, Costas said, "One day's work for $50,000 isn't bad though." Michaels wasn't getting paid as much--a mere $15,000 for one day at work. I don't recall the exact passages from the book but the reader/listener came away thinking that Michaels believed this was insulting.... over $1K per hour--probably closer to $2K.

Again...incredible.

Al is 75. Time to hang it up. I can’t say I ever liked his calling of a game and Chris Collingsworth is awful.

Any idea what happened to Al Michaels? He wasn't calling the Green Bay/Saints game tonight.
Maybe he got woke and realized that the NFL was systematically oppressing blacks and refused to call the game.

I doubt it, he likes to go to dinner with Rush Limbaugh. When the first game of the season aired, Houston versus K.C., and Collinsworth made his woke speech at the very beginning, Al was noticeably silent.

New Topics

Forum List

Back