Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Can anyone really be this stupid?

Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money - The Hill's E2-Wire

Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money By Ben Geman - 08/26/11 05:02 PM ET

Al Gore on Friday bashed the notion that climate scientists are manipulating data for financial gain, a charge levied by global warming skeptics, including GOP White House hopeful Rick Perry.

“This is an organized effort to attack the reputation of the scientific community as a whole, to attack their integrity, and to slander them with the lie that they are making up the science in order to make money,” Gore said in an online interview.

“These scientists don’t make a lot of money. They are comfortable, as they should be, but they don’t make a lot of money. That is not their motivation for doing what they do,” Gore added.

Well considering Mr. Enron came up with carbon crediting, I have a bit of a problem with motivation.

:lol:

Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money - The Hill's E2-Wire

Al Gore to Rick Perry: Climate scientists aren't motivated by money By Ben Geman - 08/26/11 05:02 PM ET

Al Gore on Friday bashed the notion that climate scientists are manipulating data for financial gain, a charge levied by global warming skeptics, including GOP White House hopeful Rick Perry.

“This is an organized effort to attack the reputation of the scientific community as a whole, to attack their integrity, and to slander them with the lie that they are making up the science in order to make money,” Gore said in an online interview.

“These scientists don’t make a lot of money. They are comfortable, as they should be, but they don’t make a lot of money. That is not their motivation for doing what they do,” Gore added.

What Goes left out is Millions of them would not have work if not for Government Funded Research. The Scientists may not get rich off it, but the damn sure have a vested interest in keeping the Funding rolling in.

What Goes left out is Millions of them would not have work if not for Government Funded Research. The Scientists may not get rich off it, but the damn sure have a vested interest in keeping the Funding rolling in.

Hey, that sounds a lot like religion...

Hey, that sounds a lot like religion...

Are you admitting that the AGW con is a religion?

Republicans know that EVERYONE is motivated by money. What else IS there?

Everyone is motivated by what makes them feel good. Presumably, a scientist finds pleasure or happiness in pursuing his discipline. If that requires funding, then he will seek funding from where it is available.

The government is a pretty wide open source since the money is coming from people who have stolen it from others and it has no value to them except as it serves to control those who are endowed with it.

When I buy something, the actual product is of secondary value to what it provides to me. A car is a car, but it's also a status symbol, a performance platform, a badge of identity and either dependable or not.

By the same token, research either supports or erodes a given viewpoint. If the buyer is looking to have a given viewpoint suported, the endowed will support it this time or miss out on the funding next time.

No mystery here. The realtionship is strictly cause and effect; unlike the results of the research produced.

"But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy." -- IPCC Official Policy

Read more: UN IPCC Official Admits 'We Redistribute World's Wealth By Climate Policy' | NewsBusters.org

carbon-credits.jpg

Guess he is going to donate all the funds from that shit movie of his.... what a freekin liar Al Gore the sex crazy poodle turns out to be.

So now if you are against climate change, you are racist!!
Al Gore | Global warming | racists | The Daily Caller

OWLGORE:
“I remember, again going back to my early years in the South, when the Civil Rights revolution was unfolding, there were two things that really made an impression on me,” Gore said. “My generation watched Bull Connor turning the hose on civil rights demonstrators and we went, ‘Whoa! How gross and evil is that?’ My generation asked old people, ‘Explain to me again why it is okay to discriminate against people because their skin color is different?’ And when they couldn’t really answer that question with integrity, the change really started.”
The former vice president recalled how society succeeded in marginalizing racists and said climate change skeptics must be defeated in the same manner."

Owlgore telegraphs his intent...and sadly makes the wrong comparison.

Yeah they're not motivated by government grants that support them and their pet projects in exchange for confirming AGW.

Yes that's right folks - our government pays scientists to confirm man made global warming is fact and that you will die a horrible death if you don't buy the green bags or buy the green car or buy the carbon offsets or buy the green regulations on businesses.

Oh, yes those evil Gordon Geko Republicans :lol:

Are you seceding the point that the motivating factor behind the global warming alarmist fraud research is money?

Charles Monnett, the scientist who convinced the world that polar bears are drowning and are on the verge of extinction, has seceded that point too. After publishing his fraudulent information he was awarded millions and showered with praise and admiration. Any scientist that disagrees is compared to a holocaust denier. (http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-arctic-scientist-under-investigation-082217993.html)

Reading your posts is like listening to a dog regurgitate dog food all over the floor.

Yeah. You.

Becoming a scientist is not the road to riches. Just ask any graduate student or post-doctoral researcher or research professor.

The pay is better than average once you get tenured - but that process can take 12-20 years after college, during which time you get paid shit.

Anyone who wants to get rich does not go that path.

EDIT:
I just looked up the salary of one of my professors. He is a full tenured professor and is paid 92k a year. A good living - hardly rich though.

Getting to that point requires 4-7 years of getting paid 20k or less, 1-6 years of getting paid about 40k, and starting as an un-tenured assistant professor at around 60k and it usually takes 7 years for tenur.

Last edited:

Guess he is going to donate all the funds from that shit movie of his.... what a freekin liar Al Gore the sex crazy poodle turns out to be.

The extraordinary part is people actually buy his bullshit.

This is the same delusional asshole that claimed he invented the internet.

The extraordinary part is people actually buy his bullshit.

This is the same delusional asshole that claimed he invented the internet.

Imagine that! :eek:

Yeah. You.

Becoming a scientist is not the road to riches. Just ask any graduate student or post-doctoral researcher or research professor.

The pay is better than average once you get tenured - but that process can take 10-20 years after college, during which time you get paid shit.

Anyone who wants to get rich does not go that path.

You should do a little research into the number and extent of grants given to organizations.

Harold Lewis is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Here is his letter of resignation to Curtis G. Callan Jr, Princeton University, President of the American Physical Society.

Dear Curt:

When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago). Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence—it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists. As recently as thirty-five years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time. We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf, and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d’être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs. For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at being an APS Fellow all these years has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society.

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare. (Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist.

So what has the APS, as an organization, done in the face of this challenge? It has accepted the corruption as the norm, and gone along with it. For example:

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life' – Telegraph Blogs

Forum List

Back