Al Gore is an idiot

Here are a few of "Al's Greatest Hits"

Environmental Trendiness (and Hypocrisy)
In the past, Al Gore has made his environmental positions a big part of his message, notably in his book "Earth in the Balance", which sold well. We don't critique candidates' policy positions, but some of that may come back to haunt him by making him look extreme, trendy or hypocritical.

Gore runs the risk of being shown up as a hypocrite, the way Mike Dukakis was in 1998 after Boston Harbor's pollution problem was exposed.

One example is the Pigeon River in North Carolina and east Tennesee. The Champion International paper mill has pumped tons of chemicals and byproducts into it for years, turning it the color of cofee and adding a sulfurish smell. Gore campaigned hard against this pollution and lobbied the EPA to crack down. But in 1987, as Gore started running for president the first time, he was pressured by 2 politicians whose support he craved for the North Carolina Super Tuesday primary. Terry Sanford (then a Senator) and Jamie Clarke (North Carolina congressmen) lobbied him hard to ease up on Champion. Gore did, writing to the EPA again and now asking for a more permissive water pollution standard. Sanford and Clarke endorsed him, and Gore won the state handily.

Another example is a Gore family property that has been mined for zinc and germanium for decades. The Vice-President and his dad, the late Senator Albert Gore, Sr., obtained the land in a very favorable deal with the late Armand Hammer of Occidental Petroleum. Gore, Sr. was heavily supported by Hammer financially, and carried his water in the U.S. Senate.

Back in 1972, when zinc was discovered across the river from the Gore family land in Carthage, TN, Hammer sent engineers out and offered $20,000 per year for a mineral rights lease on some property owned by a church that had been willed the land. Instead, they wanted to sell and Hammer won a bidding war to buy the land for $160,000. He then sold it to Gore Jr. and Sr. for the same amount, and immediately started leasing the land back from him for the same $20,000. Lynwood Burkhalter, who in the 70s was president of the company that assumed this lease from Occidental Petroleum, called the payments "extraordinarily large."

Mining is, of course, a very messy business environmentally. The mine itself hasn't been that bad. Republicans have claimed that it's polluting the local drinking water, but according to the Wall Street Journal those problems "are actually very minor." However, the Journal notes that the plant in Clarksville TN, which processes the Gore minerals, is a federal Superfund site contaminated with cadmium and mercury, posing "a threat to the human food chain."

There's also a damning quote about cutting down Yew trees to make a promising cancer treatment that we used to include in our Gore quotes section. Except that the really embarrassing part -- which we got from an editorial in the Austin, Texas American Statesman -- turns out to be distorted and out of context. The full quote, which is still a little odd, is:

"The Pacific Yew can be cut down and processed to produce a potent chemical, taxol, which offers some promise of curing certain forms of lung, breast and ovarian cancer in patients who would otherwise quickly die. It seems an easy choice -- sacrifice the tree for a human life -- until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated, that only specimens more than a hundred years old contain the potent chemical in their bark, and that there are very few of these yews remaining on earth." - Gore, in "Earth in the Balance", p. 119

The distorted version puts a period after "for each patient treated," as if the ratio of trees to humans was what bothered Gore. In reality, his point is that treating all current cancer patients would destroy all of the trees, leaving none of the drug for future cancer patients.

Liar Liar Pants on Fire
Most people feel that all politicians lie, but all Gore has a particular way of stretching the truth. He's actually more of a braggart who consistently exaggerates his role in the successful things he does. There are actually two sides of his truth deficit; the highly publicized tendency to exaggerate, and (what we feel is) the more serious problem of evasion.

The most famous example of exaggerating, of course, is that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet", but this is hardly an isolated example. When the LINUX and open-source computing movements reached their maximum trendiness, hidden text in his web page -- visible to knowledge computer users with the "View Source" command -- proclaimed that his web page was an Open Source web page and invited users to contribute to it. For anyone knowledgeable on the subjects, and even for some boneheads like this editor, that is a ludicrous statement that combines bragging and idiot ignorance in equal measure.

Then there is Gore's claim to have uncovered the most famous toxic waste site in the country. As a young congressman in the late 1970s, he said, "I found a little place in upstate New York called Love Canal." (It's a neighborhood in upstate New York that was disastrously polluted by an old underground chemical dump.)

Now each of these claims has some element of truth to it, and his opponents -- and even the newspapers, in the Love Canal case -- have exaggerated or misquoted him. Gore did support the Internet early on as a congressman -- it's fair to say that he took the initiative *among congressmen* -- and even Vincent Cerf, the computer scientist who is in fact considered "the father of the Internet", says "It is entirely fitting that the Vice President take some credit for helping create an environment in which (the) Internet could thrive." And Gore did hold the first federal hearings on Love Canal. But both the Internet and the Love Canal scandal were established and well known before Gore ever heard of them.

Plus, the slips continue. Frankly, I can't understand the controversy over the family dog's medication price -- the dog does take it, and it costs less than it does for his mother in law. But Gore recently (on September 18, 2000) told a union meeting that his parents sung him to sleep with lullabies such as "Look for the union label" -- a song that was written as a jingle for a union ad in 1975, when Gore was 27.

Gore's consistent pattern of exaggeration highlights two of his worst traits. First, he is simply out of touch, swamped by that Washington culture that thinks it is the source of all new and good in America and unable to understand the real world outside. And second, you can hear the cocky arrogance in his voice in his statement about Love Canal. When he says the words "little place", you can feel him struggling to contain his pleasure with his good deeds.

But more troubling to us is Gore's tendency to evade questions about his ethical lapses. Some of these are legalisms where he is actually correct, but has such a tin ear for the way normal people talk that he sounds like a mafia don. For example, his infamous line about "no controlling legal authority" is the most accurate way of describing the law on the picky point of where fundraising phone calls are made from. But he's so out of touch with normal folk that he probably didn't realize how weaselly that sounded.

The more serious examples concern the Buddhist temple fundraising, where he repeatedly changed his story about whether that event was considered a fundraiser. Apparently what he was trying to say was that he knew it was a reward for people who had given money, but that technically the event itself was not a fundraiser. This is fairly typical in our current corrupt system. But when you can't answer a question directly, folks naturally wonder if there is more going on. No one has been able to prove anything yet, but neither can Gore explain himself.

Worst of all are his evasions that simply aren't credible, such as his statement that he didn't hear discussion about fundraising proceeds going illegally into a "hard money" fund because he drank a lot of iced tea and often had to go to the bathroom

Quotes
"He goes 'I'm a really big fan.' And I was like 'Yeah, right. Name a song, Al.' The answer came limply back: 'I can't name a song, I'm just a really big fan.'" - Courtney Love of the rock band "Hole"
"Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that with my own hands, all of my life, I put it in the plant beds and transferred it. I've hoed it. I've chopped it. I've shredded it, spiked it, put it in the barn and stripped it and sold it." -- Al Gore, 1988

"Sometimes, you never fully face up to things that you ought to face up to." -- Al Gore, discussing tobacco

http://www.realchange.org/gore.htm#pollution

Here are a few of "Al's Greatest Hits"

I don’t doubt that AlGore is a hypocrite (much the same way the GWBs of the world are as well). But, the people who have criticized him here give the impression that there is no such thing as a living Christmas tree that can be planted after Christmas. Thus, they give the impression that they are criticizing out of ignorance.

I don’t doubt that AlGore is a hypocrite (much the same way the GWBs of the world are as well). But, the people who have criticized him here give the impression that there is no such thing as a living Christmas tree that can be planted after Christmas. Thus, they give the impression that they are criticizing out of ignorance.

As you sir, do on a regular basis.:food1:

More of Al's Greatest Hits..............

$29 dollars a week can buy a lot of Diet Cokes
In his 2000 convention acceptance speech, Gore said the Bush tax cut would save the average family 62 cents a week ("enough for a diet coke"). He later clarified it and said 62 cents a day per family... which is still wrong. Even at 62 cents a day, that's only a little over $226 a year. Under the Bush tax plan, the average family would save $1500 -- $4.20 a day, which is almost $29 dollars a week.

Collecting cans for prescription drug benefits!
During the October 3, 2000 Presidential debate, Gore mentioned 79-year-old Winifred Skinner, who has become the campaign's mascot for his Medicare prescription-drug program. "In order to pay for her prescription drug benefits, she has to go out seven days a week, several hours a day, picking up cans ," Gore said. "She came all the way from Iowa in a Winnebago with her poodle in order to attend here tonight."
However, Skinner doesn't need to collect cans for her medication. Her son, Earl King, who formerly owned his own business and now lives on an 80-acre ranch and describes his lifestyle as "comfortable," has offered repeatedly to help her make ends meet. She continually declines his offers. In addition, the Winnebago Gore referred to, as well as the gas, was paid for by the Gore campaign. Five campaign workers accompanied Skinner, a longtime Democrat and former union organizer.
(Source: New York Post, October 5, 2000 "Gore's nose is growing again"; Washington Post, October 5, 2000, page A20)

I was there with James Lee Witt...oh, wait....
In the Presidential debate on October 3, 2000, Governor George W. Bush gave credit to the Federal Emergency Management Service (FEMA) for their work in Texas during fires and floods in Parker County. Vice President Al Gore said "I accompanied James Lee Witt down to Texas when those fires broke out." Carl Cameron, of Fox News first reported that Gore had not, in fact, been to Texas with Witt to look at the damage in Parker County. Gore WAS in Texas, but FEMA officials said Witt never went to Texas to deal with the 1998 fires.
To say that he was traveling with Witt implies strongly that Gore was traveling to a location in an official capacity. Gore was on his way to a fundraiser, and happened to run into FEMA people at the airport. The purpose of his trip was to attend a fundraiser, NOT to see the damage, as Gore implies. While Gore has accompanied Witt on other occasions, Gore didn't on this occasion, AND the purpose of this particular trip wasn't even connected with the disasters. Some claim Gore just "forgot" that Witt wasn't with him on this occasion... did Gore also forget the purpose of this particular trip?
"If James Lee was there before or after, then you know, I got that wrong then," Gore said on ABC's Good Morning America on October 4, 2000.
(Source: New York Post, October 5, 2000 "Gore's nose is growing again")

I was part of those discussions! Really!
At a Sept. 22 press conference, Gore stated "I've been a part of the discussions on the strategic reserve since the days when it was first established." However, President Ford established the Strategic Petroleum Reserves when he signed the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA) on December 22, 1975 — two years before Al Gore became a congressman
(Source: Washington Post, Sept. 24 2000)
(note: it was actually 13 months, not 2 years as the Post states)
Now, technically, 1975 was when it was declared U.S. policy to establish a reserve, but the reserve was not established (sites purchased or built, etc) until 1977, when Gore was in Congress. However, isn't this yet another case of "fuzzy wording"? Gore phrases the initial statement to give the impression that he was somehow responsible or "part of something" from the outset, but leaves wiggle room so that he can later justify the statement. And isn't saying he was part of "discussions on the strategic reserve" meant to leave the impression that he was was part of the planning process, prior to the sites being purchased, etc? Decide for yourself.

A dog's health care costs less than my mother-in-law's!
Vice President Al Gore, reaching for a personal example to illustrate the breathtaking costs of some prescription drugs, told seniors in Florida that his mother-in-law pays nearly three times as much for the same arthritis medicine used for his ailing dog, Shiloh. "That's pretty bad when you have got to pretend to be a dog or a cat to get a price break" he stated. Gore's mother-in-law does pay more for her medication, but the generic brand of the drug, which 85% of Americans now use as a cheaper alternative, costs half as much, or one and a half times what it costs for the pooch - not three times. In addition, given the complexities of the marketplace, and the steps people take to get a better deal, it can work the other way around: Pets "pretending" to be humans. The Gore campaign also admitted that it lifted those costs not from his family's bills, but from a House Democratic study, and that Gore misused even those numbers: They represent the manufacturer's price to wholesalers, not the retail price of the brand-name product.
Drug costs often cost more for humans, though, because they are more heavily regulated. Jeff Trewhett, the spokesman for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association of America, said the higher costs for the human version of patented drugs is justified because the research, development, and approval costs can surpass $500 million per drug. But once the drug is approved for humans, the cost to test and approve it for animals is minimal, he said. Interestingly enough, Gore is proposing more regulations on on top of what we have now. Our food also costs 3 times as much as the dog's... will Gore say that we have to pretend to be dogs to get affordable food?
(Source: "Gore misstates facts in drug-cost pitch" Boston Globe, 9/18/2000 )

Dairy Farm Expert in a Day
Milwaukee, WI - "I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin. If I'm entrusted with the presidency, you'll have someone who is very familiar with what the Wisconsin dairy industry is all about."
(Sources: Sunday, June 18, Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Washington Post, June 14, 2000)
Hey! I am an expert in hospital administration in NJ, and the hotel industry in several states - having spent more than one night there!

Let's play "Insult the Host"
Gore sometimes shows publicly that he lacks Clinton's finesse. Take a reception in Los Angeles last month. It was Gore's moment to shine before donors who ponied up $2.8 million. But he wound up egg-faced when he compared electing a Republican as president to rejecting an Oscar-winning team in favor of the producers of the Hollywood clunker ''Howard the Duck.'' One of the evening's hosts, Jeffrey Katzenberg, was a driving force behind ''Howard the Duck.'' The crowd tittered.
(Source: USA Today, May 8, 2000 )

http://www.gargaro.com/algore.html

I have not seen any of the clips from Oprah, so the only people I know who have said AlGore’s Christmas tree has no roots are the people here who are complaining about AlGore. Like I said before, I am in favor of bashing the likes of AlGore- when the bashing is warranted. If you bash just for the sake of bashing you are no better than a Rush Limbaugh. I am not in favor of bashing for entertainment’s sake.

al gore said the tree had no roots....he bought a tree with no roots....it had been cut down...it was dead.....it had no roots....it was dead...he tried to plant a dead tree with no roots.....this man was "your president"...fits really...starting to doubt he invented the internet

Would that be a democrat celebrating a DENOMINATIONAL holiday??!! Where is the public outrage!!????111! Oh yeah, he's a democrat; he can't be wrong.

Would that be a democrat celebrating a DENOMINATIONAL holiday??!! Where is the public outrage!!????111! Oh yeah, he's a democrat; he can't be wrong.

Here is the Christmas party flaja would attend...............

Politically-Correct Christmas Holiday Parties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO: All Employees
RE: Christmas Party
DATE: December 1

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the banquet room at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue. No-host bar, but plenty of eggnog! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 P.M. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time, however, no gift should be over $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees! A special announcement will be made by our CEO at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Patty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Holiday Party
DATE: December 2

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party". The same policy applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no Christmas tree present. No, Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Patty

DATE: December 3

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Forget about the gifts exchange, no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is very little for a gift.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty

DATE: December 7

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps Luigi's can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party-the days are so short this time of year-or else package everything for take home in little foil swans. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Overeaters Anonymous to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table. To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross dressing allowed though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food we suggest for those people with high blood pressure problems to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?
Patty

DATE: December 8

So December 22 marks the Winter Solstice...what do you expect me to do, a tap-dance on your heads? Fire regulations at Luigi's prohibit the burning of sage by our "earth-based Goddess-worshipping" employees, but we'll try to accommodate your shamanic drumming circle during the band's breaks. Okay???

Patty

DATE: December 9

People, people, nothing sinister was intended by having our CEO dress up like Santa Claus! Even if the anagram of "Santa" does happen to be "Satan" there is no evil connotation to our own "little man in a red suit." It's a tradition, folks, like sugar shock at Halloween or family feuds over the Thanksgiving turkey or broken hearts on Valentine's Day.

Could we lighten up? Please????????? Also the company has changed their mind in announcing the special announcement at the gathering. You will get a notification in the mail sent to your home.

Patty

TO: All #%&$**@ Employees
RE: The %#*&^%@*%^Holiday Party
DATE: December 10

I have no #%&*@*^ idea what the announcement is all about. What the %#&^!@ do I care... I KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO GET!!!!!!!!!!!! You change your address now and you are dead!!!!!!!!!!!! No more changes of address will be allowed in my office. Try to come in and change your address, I will have you hung from the ceiling in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarians!?!?!? I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at Luigi's Open Pit Barbecue whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your #$%^&*! salad bar, including hydroponic tomatoes. But you know, they have feelings, too. Tomatoes scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right now! HA!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die you hear me!!!!!!!!!!!

The ßitch from HËLL!!!!!!!!

DATE: December 14
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her stress-related illness and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the sanitarium. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

Happy Holidays!

http://wilk4.com/humor/humorm184.htm

I know...this is also the same guy that said Americans work hard to put food on their family...HAHAHA..What an idiot.....

Oh wait.. That was Bush... :rolleyes:

Im listening to clips of him on Oprah telling us he tried to plant a live Christmas tree to "save it"

Hello?! It doesnt have roots. Any idiot know you cant replant a tree thats been cut off from its roots.

This is the man who was almost President! Thanks God for Florida!

ALGORISMS

Speaking at the high school in Concord, New Hampshire, Gore boasted about his publicizing the dangers of toxic waste in Congress 20 years ago. "I looked around the country [for toxic waste-contaminated sites]. I found a little place in upstate New York called Love Canal," he said, referring to the Niagara homes evacuated in August 1978 because of chemical contamination. "I had the first hearing on that issue ... I was the one that started it all," he added. —(Washington Post, Dec. 1, 1999) Gore`s claims about Love Canal — and his avoiding the fact that his hearings were held a couple of months after President Carter had already "found" the neighborhood and had already declared it a disaster area — were reminiscent of Gore's many other attempts to puff up the facts about his importance to, and impact on, events. Could these be signs of insincerity or insecurity? Of contempt for the truth or contempt for the public? Or all these things? (Also see this reference, this reference and this reference.)

“[Bradley proposes] the expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit. I was the author of that proposal. I wrote that, so I say, welcome aboard. That is something for which I have been the principal proponent for a long time.” (Al Gore, Time, 11/1/99) Actually, Gore was not yet in congress when the EITC was originally passed in 1975. Gore did not become a member of Congress until 1977. Gore did not write the EITC Act of 1975. (Buffalo News, 12/13/99; U.S. News & World Report, 12/20/99)

“And I was shot at. . . . I spent most of my time in the field.” (Al Gore, The Washington Post, 2/3/88) ... “I carried an M-16 . . . I pulled my turn on the perimeter at night and walked through the elephant grass, and I was fired upon.” (Al Gore, Los Angeles Times, 10/15/99) Actually, Gore had bodyguards assigned to keep him out of harm’s way in Vietnam. “In Vietnam, Alan Leo, a photographer in the press brigade office where Gore worked as a reporter, said he was summoned by Brig. Gen. K.B. Cooper, the 20th Engineer Brigade’s Commander, who asked Leo, the most experienced member of the press unit, to make sure that nothing happened to Gore. ‘He requested that “Gore not get into situations that were dangerous,’” said Leo, who did what he could to carry out Cooper’s directive. He described his half-dozen or so trips into the field with Gore as situations where ‘I could have worn a tuxedo.’” (Newsweek, 12/6/99)

On nationwide TV (CNN) on March 9, 1999, Albert Gore told Wolf Blitzer: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet." (fact: the Defense Department commissioned the ARPANET in 1969 when Gore was 21 years old, 8 years before his first run for congress. See this 3/11/99 article in Wired.)

In an attempt to improve his technological image, Vice-President Al Gore unveiled the world's fastest computer at a White House event On 10/28/98. However, during a campaign trip to a Pittsburgh valve factory, the Vice-President smiled and admitted that he has "trouble turning on a computer-let alone using one." (source: "Gore Touts Job-Training Programs at Pittsburgh Factory" Associated Press September 4, 1998)

On March 19, 1998 Gore called The Washington Post's executive editor to tip him off about an ''error'' on the front page of his paper. ''I decided I just had to call because you've printed a picture of the Earth upside-down," Gore said. (See this reference)

When asked on ABC's Nightline about President Clinton's withdrawal of Lani Guinier's nomination to the EEOC, Gore said, "The theories - the ideas she expressed about equality of results within legislative bodies and with - by outcome, by decisions made by legislative bodies, ideas related to proportional voting as a general remedy, not in particular cases where the circumstances make that a feasible idea... "

"You can leave [my children] out of this..." said Gore during a televised debate at Harlem's Apollo Theater on February 21st, 2000. He was responding to the charge that he sends his child to a private school, but he doesn't want parents of lesser means to be able to do the same. (See this reference)

During a tour of the museum at Monticello, just before the 1992 inauguration, with news reporters present, Al Gore, pointing to the busts of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin, asked, "Who are these people????" (New York Times, January 17, 1993)

"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.
— source: The 700 Stupidest Things Ever Said by Ross and Kathryn Petras.

And three years later, at a press conference: "We all know the leopard can’t change his stripes." (The Toronto Sun, 11/19/95)

"We can build a collective civic space large enough for all our separate identities, that we can be e pluribus unum— out of one, many." — From a Milwaukee speech to the Institute of World Affairs, January 1994 ( "e pluribus unum" is Latin for "out of many, one").

Over Father's Day weekend in 1998, Al Gore addressed a symposium in the nation's capital on 'fatherhood'. While addressing the group, Al Gore tried quoting an old proverb by saying, "It's a wise father who knows his child". Of course, the real proverb goes, 'It's a wise child who knows its father'.

Find "Milosevic has barely begun to incur the damage he will feel." (Huh??? Neither has the American electorate, apparently.) and another quintessential AlGorism or two at THIS source.

"He supported the Voting Rights Act in 1965 and lost his next re-election. But his conscience won and he taught me that was more important than any election." — Albert Gore, Jr. trying to establish his father's commitment to the civil rights movement as a senator in a speech to the Progressive National Baptist Convention in August 1999. (Reality check: Sen. Albert Gore, Sr., lost his re-election in 1970 to Rep. Bill Brock, a Republican from Chattanooga who had voted for the Voting Rights Act in 1965 as a member of the House. The vice president doesn't mention this inconvenient fact because he would like us to think his father was some sort of civil rights martyr. In fact the elder Sen. Gore opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act -- a decision he continued to defend even after he left office.)

"Incredibly, while these 18 to 20 year-olds cannot legally buy a beer, cannot purchase a bottle of wine and cannot order a drink in a bar, right now they can walk into any gun shop, any pawn shop, any gun show, anywhere in America and buy a handgun." — Al Gore, in a speech before the U.S. Conference of Mayors in New Orleans, June 14, 1999. either haplessly ignorant of, or deliberately ignoring, the Gun Control Act of 1968, which made it illegal to sell a handgun to anyone under the age of 21, and several additional laws which make it illegal for anyone under 18 to even possess a handgun. Also see Who is Al Gore Kidding?.

"Tobacco addiction sinks its claws in deeply, it's just as powerful of [sic] an addiction as heroin or crack cocaine..." — Al Gore, ex-tobacco farmer and ex-smoker(!), in West Seattle, WA, 12/16/97 — West Seattle Herald, 12/24/97

Mr. Gore says he's committed to "eliminating the internal combustion engine" in Earth in the Balance.

"The Pacific Yew can be cut down and processed to produce a potent chemical, taxol [Gore must absolutely love that name!], which offers some promise of curing certain forms of lung, breast and ovarian cancer in patients who would otherwise quickly die. It seems an easy choice -- sacrifice the tree for a human life — until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated." — Gore, in Earth in the Balance

"[DDT] can be environmentally dangerous in tiny amounts." — Gore, in Earth in the Balance, with absolutely no scientific studies referenced. Fact: The use of DDT has resulted in the saving of millions of (human) lives from malaria. It must be all those dead mosquitoes Mr. Gore weeps for. The real facts are HERE. And see THIS indictment of the inhumanitarian cluelessness of the wealthy enviro-chic.
Gore, about the menace of global warming: "there is no longer any significant disagreement within the scientific community" — (Oh, really? See: THIS, this (scroll down), this and this) ( If you have the stomach, you can take the Gore / Unabomber Quiz HERE. ) "...Vice President Al Gore, at his 51st birthday bash this year ... claimed that the planet, particularly his native-or-adopted Tennessee, had heated up [remarkably during his lifetime]." — Washington Times, 9-7-99 (Oh, yeah?

Forum List

Back