Airlines in crisis: mass shortage in pilots/staff

Story on the local news tonite, Nursing homes it seems arent taking new patients, not because they are full, they are a third mty, but because no workers. great job vaxxers

Wait. Are you saying those millions of unemployed pilots won’t take jobs? Instead preferring to live at home on unemployment and welfare and food stamps? I don’t believe it.

Perhaps the job isn't attracting people because the airlines don't treat them well. There is that.
Uh.......now.......what a coincidence........the airlines started treating people like shit when the mandates go into effect.....how odd

As USA started and managed the entire Afghanistan disasters, so USA and stupid managers of airlines, hospitals etc. are creating problems with their demands on employees to submit to dangerous drugs. Maybe they are in cahoots with the bullycrats and the drug companies.

Airlines are making adjustments. They're offering fewer flights and somewhat longer layovers.

It's not like people will have to sit around the airport, though...
Dude, my last trip I had two flights cancelled...had to rebook with another airline...then had that flight delayed five hours because they didn't have a flight crew because the first one had flown too many hours. I sat around Bradley International for a day and a half!

Dude, my last trip I had two flights cancelled...had to rebook with another airline...then had that flight delayed five hours because they didn't have a flight crew because the first one had flown too many hours. I sat around Bradley International for a day and a half!
Don’t even bother trying to travel anymore. Chances are way to high that your flight is going to be delayed and you’ll spend anywhere between 3-24hrs waiting for your flight.

If you have a flight booked in December, chances are either your flight will be delayed 20hrs or you’ll not be able to travel if you’re unvaccinated.

Like most women, my wife wants to travel this winter. I’m telling her no, don’t waste our time and money, chances are the flight will be horribly delayed or we’ll be banned from travel because we’re unvaccinated.

We already canceled 3 trips last year and never got the money back. I’m not wasting any more money or time trying to plan a trip to some place with more restrictions than where we live (Florida).

I've got a buddy who's a four-striper for United. He says what they're doing is simply offering fewer flights. This way, and only as an example, when you jump online to book a flight, instead of the ten options you might've seen in the past, now you're seeing five. It's not like there are ten flights of passengers sitting in the airport trying to get onto those five flights.

Also, because the crews are assigned and ready and healthy, their availability is far less of an issue...

You find the destruction of the United States hilarious!
The destruction of the United States began on January 20, 1981, with the inauguration of Ronald Reagan.

The Republican Party, with help from the corporate controlled moderate Democrats, has been chipping away at our democracy ever since.

The trump administration nearly provided the final deathblow during it's single term of corrupt incompetence. Sadly, they will see their task completed shortly after the 2022 Mid-term elections when the Q-lunatics, elected by the trump Nazis and right-wing centrists, take control of Congress.

If the airline is struggling they need to look in the mirror for the reason. They aren't entitled to pilots. If the go under so be it.

I've got a buddy who's a four-striper for United. He says what they're doing is simply offering fewer flights. This way, and only as an example, when you jump online to book a flight, instead of the ten options you might've seen in the past, now you're seeing five. It's not like there are ten flights of passengers sitting in the airport trying to get onto those five flights.

Also, because the crews are assigned and ready and healthy, their availability is far less of an issue...
Look...I'm telling you about the trip from hell that I had. I booked flights. They were cancelled. I rebooked flights. They were cancelled. I had to stay at a hotel at the airport overnight. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at that same airport waiting for a flight with another airline that was delayed because they didn't have a viable flight crew. I sat on the tarmac for a total of two and a half hours because they had a shortage of ground crews to service the plane. When you go to an airline counter with a problem these days instead of ten people behind that counter to help you there are two and there's a line out the door waiting to see them. It's a horror show if anything goes wrong. They have no back ups to anything and every flight seems packed with people. I wouldn't travel at the moment if they gave me a free ticket! It's seriously that bad!

Forum List

Back