Air France Stewardess Must Cover Up

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Sharia vs union. Who is stronger?

The French women’s rights minister, already under fire for provocative comments relating to Islamic dress for women, is now caught between Air France management and unions in a row over a requirement that air hostesses wear headscarves when the airline renews flights to Iran this month.

Following the easing of sanctions under the nuclear deal, Air France is resuming three weekly flights from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to Tehran on April 17 after an eight-year suspension. And management of the airline want female flight attendants to comply with Iranian modesty norms.

The unions are incensed over a management memo saying air hostesses wear long trousers with a long jacket – rather than skirts – on the flights, and that during stopover periods, “outside the bedroom, women must wear a scarf and a wide and long garment to conceal their shapes.”

continued here
Air France to Stewardesses on Iran Route: ‘Outside the Bedroom, Women Must Wear a Scarf and a Wide and Long Garment to Conceal Their Shapes’

Sharia vs union. Who is stronger?

The French women’s rights minister, already under fire for provocative comments relating to Islamic dress for women, is now caught between Air France management and unions in a row over a requirement that air hostesses wear headscarves when the airline renews flights to Iran this month.

Following the easing of sanctions under the nuclear deal, Air France is resuming three weekly flights from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to Tehran on April 17 after an eight-year suspension. And management of the airline want female flight attendants to comply with Iranian modesty norms.

The unions are incensed over a management memo saying air hostesses wear long trousers with a long jacket – rather than skirts – on the flights, and that during stopover periods, “outside the bedroom, women must wear a scarf and a wide and long garment to conceal their shapes.”

continued here
Air France to Stewardesses on Iran Route: ‘Outside the Bedroom, Women Must Wear a Scarf and a Wide and Long Garment to Conceal Their Shapes’

good precedent-----countries have a RIGHT to determine what people wear------
all people in civilized countries should be REQUIRED to show their faces ---at
ALL TIMES when outside the bedroom. Very loose flowing robes should be
BANNED in civilized countries since they can conceal weapons and ----'god knows what else' ----men should NEVER be permitted to wear clothing that resembles
a 'skirt'--------it looks too comical

Interesting anecdote----from your beloved oracle at usmb---rosie>>>>>
Long long ago------a proud Iranian colleague of mine (here in the USA) showed
me a picture of his family "back home"-----parents and a whole bunch of brothers
and a sister. All ---including mom---were dressed like normal people. ---EXCEPT
one brother who was sitting on the ground-----holding something like necklace in his
hand and wearing a ghost costume. I asked "WHAT'S WITH HIM'??
the answer was-------"religious fanatic"-----it was circa 1970 when Iranians---had no
problem flying home on EL AL.--------then stuff happened in that misbegotten
land

Well, as long as France demands that Iranian stewardesses show a good amount of cleavage when flying to France, then all's good.

Well, as long as France demands that Iranian stewardesses show a good amount of cleavage when flying to France, then all's good.

GOOD PRECEDENT------BIKINIs ONLY rules for all public swimming areas thruout
Europe and the USA. (it's ok-----I gave up public swimming a few years ago)

For the purpose of debarking the aircraft such as overnight layovers or meals, the "When in Rome" rule applies. Should the aircraft be on a turn around flight or continuing flight, I don't feel it is necessary or appropriate in all instances. But then, what do I know? I cannot think of a valid reason to go to Iran however. Just as I see no reason for an Iranian to come to the US. Yes, I'm an old guy!

Forum List

Back