Air America Files For Bankruptcy

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Today, the left is in mourning, and are wearing black, over the imminent demise of Air America.

The declaration of bankruptcy by that failing liberal radio network is expected to take place this Friday.

So break out your hankies and take a look at these expressions of grief (and unreality) from the leftwing mourners:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...a_n_29347.html

Air America Radio will announce a major restructuring on Friday, which is expected to include a bankruptcy filing, three independent sources have told ThinkProgress.

Air America could remain on the air under the deal, but significant personnel changes are already in the works. Sources say five Air America employees were laid off yesterday and were told there would be no severance without capital infusion or bankruptcy. Also, Air America has ended its relationship with host Jerry Springer.

My, NO severance for the workers from a LIBERAL radio network????? Oh the shame and inhumanity!!!! Where are the deep pocket libs to help these poor displaced workers?

This is another example of the inability of libs to compete with conservatives

Most knew that this would eventually happen. It wasn't so much the inability of Liberals to compete with Conservatives, as it is that the liberal Air America hired were completely morons. Liberals like Al Franken and Randi Rhodes could never compete with Rush and Hannity. That's for sure.

When I heard the news, I was amazed that it took so long, not that it happened.

I had predicted that they'd fold within a year. I didn't factor in the Soros factor... my mistake.

P.S. I wonder if the children's fund that Air America "borrowed" almost a million dollars from will ever see that money?

P.P.S. They're in bankruptcy, the answer is not a snowball's chance in hell

it was a tough station to listen to ..... I like to listen to opposing views ….. no sense in listing to points of view you agree with all the time…..but the relentless whining and complaining and bitching and blaming and everything is a conspiracy and we can do better but never offering anything up ..... the shrill tones of voice and the venom and hate spewed was just too hard to listen to .... same reason i can't listen to michael savage

Just watch. With the death of their beloved radio network, the libs are now going to try to ressurrect the infamous 'fairness doctrine,' yet another federal infringement on capitalism and Constitutional rights.

Just watch. With the death of their beloved radio network, the libs are now going to try to ressurrect the infamous 'fairness doctrine,' yet another federal infringement on capitalism and Constitutional rights.

Count me in on that action; every dime in my pocket says you're right.

Ah...right... the airwaves should all be right-wing extremist propaganda. :confused:

And since you clearly don't understand the reasons for filing of bankruptcy, it's to reorganize debt, not necessarily close down... you know, kinda like when the airlines did it to get rid of their pension obligations. Don't recall seeing any threads from you guys moaning about that, though. But do use a tissue... your crocodile tears are flooding the thread. :tears1:

Ah...right... the airwaves should all be right-wing extremist propaganda. :confused:

And since you clearly don't understand the reasons for filing of bankruptcy, it's to reorganize debt, not necessarily close down... you know, kinda like when the airlines did it to get rid of their pension obligations. Don't recall seeing any threads from you guys moaning about that, though. But do use a tissue... your crocodile tears are flooding the thread. :tears1:

So who do you think should be in charge of the what the media says or does?

Chapter 11 reorganization no doubt, they ain't dead yet.
They have failed though.:funnyface

Well, I don't know the underlying situation, but no one celebrates bankruptcy ... well, maybe the airlines.. but I don't know for sure. What interests me more is the hatred for any viewpoint that disagrees with the right-wingers.... particularly when I'd wager not a one of them has actually listened to the station.

Well, I don't know the underlying situation, but no one celebrates bankruptcy ... well, maybe the airlines.. but I don't know for sure. What interests me more is the hatred for any viewpoint that disagrees with the right-wingers.... particularly when I'd wager not a one of them has actually listened to the station.

Viewpoints? Liberals have viewpoints other than "Bush Sucks" ? You can opnly say that so often and then you start losing your listeners.

:rotflmao: I did twice. Problem is, the left-wingers haven't listened either, if they did, they never listened again. Ya gotta have ratings to sell adds, no adds no $$$$ regardless of content.

If your side won't listen to their own blah, blah, it's gotta be crap.:tongue1:

That is the reason Dead Air is folding up shop - no one is listening to their rants.

I do have some advice for the left, try saying something constructive, (beside Bush sucks) and people might listen.

That is is success of RUsh and Sean. They offer solutions. They offer hope. They allow those who disagree with them to call in and speak. They also voice their disagreements with their own party.

Things Dead Air America never did.

Or perhaps we just don't need AM TALK RADIO to tell us what to think. LOL!!!! I can't imagine what cons would do if they didn't have a BRAIN GUIDE like Hannity, Fox, Rush etc.

Jillian now now, you know better than that, Air America was nothing but hatred for Bush and anything that was remotely a differing opinion from Liberal leftist propaganda.

Or perhaps we just don't need AM TALK RADIO to tell us what to think. LOL!!!! I can't imagine what cons would do if they didn't have a BRAIN GUIDE like Hannity, Fox, Rush etc.

Then why was Dead Air hyped by the liberal media as "the lefts answer to Rush and Sean?"

The success of Rush and Sean eats away at the left everyday.

Well now surely you have more constructive criticism than that??? Ever occur to you that Rush and Hannity are popular for many reasons, the biggest one being that they articulate what many already think which wasn't the case until just recently??? I know that's a hard concept for libs to swallow because it requires a recognition of reality but give it a try :) Libs will just have to share their air time with Conservatives, afterall we live in America too.....

Libs have no idea of what it takes to build and run a business. Libs have this mindset it is their birthright to run the US government and they should not have competition in politics or in the media

Of course you have ABC, CBS, NYTimes, CNN, LATimes, Washington Times. I dont even know why you wanted AM Radio anyway. The left is always talking about how Rush is an idiot and no one listens to him. So why bother competing against someone that no body is listening too?

Just repass the fairness doctrine outlawing any speech that isnt officially sanctioned by Liberal Thinktanks and all we be solved.

Forum List

Back