Aioli base?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
What do you use? I have even thought about sour cream.

For the second part: The reason I'm askin is because Sunday or Monday I'm making boudain meatballs air fried with a parmesean cheese crust. I plan on making a sweet dark cherry aioli to counter the heat and nuttiness from the meat but im stuck on the base. What do you think?

The typical base is oil or mayo but Idk if I want either for this certain meal.
I made a cranberry aioli based with olive oil for bbq pork tacos before.
Im not much on mayo.. Even my chicken salad is made with yogurt.. Lol

2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
2/3 cup olive oil
Thats kinda how I did my aioli for the pork. Do you think that would work for a parmesean crusted boudain meatball?

For the second part: The reason I'm askin is because Sunday or Monday I'm making boudain meatballs air fried with a parmesean cheese crust. I plan on making a sweet dark cherry aioli to counter the heat and nuttiness from the meat but im stuck on the base. What do you think?

Personally I'd stick with your basic aioli and add the flavors you want.
That way you start with a clean base and any mistakes can be easily isolated.
If it sucks toss it out and try again since aioli is easy to make.

Another problem with your request is we dont know how you plan on making your Boudin.
Is it a traditional Louisiana Boudin?
As far as your crust goes I'd add some panko to the cheese to help hold it together and brown up.

Some people use soaked cashews as an oil substitute.

Use mayonnaise, that's all it is after all.

Another problem with your request is we dont know how you plan on making your Boudin.
As far as your crust goes I'd add some panko to the cheese to help hold it together and brown up.
Its standard grocery store boudain. A bit of heat. And I plan on tossing it in egg and parm cheese and air frying it.
I have air fried a lot of stuff and it will hold. You know I dont play lol

For some. Lol seems to be a big base too.
I only thought about sour cream to still keep the creaminess and avoid the strong taste of mayo

I only thought about sour cream to still keep the creaminess and avoid the strong taste of mayo
Ok, serious answer: Crème fraîche, a touch of mascarpone, and lemon zest. And the egg, olive oil, etc. as usual.

Ok, serious answer: Crème fraîche, a touch of mascarpone, and lemon zest. And the egg, olive oil, etc. as usual.
Do I look French nigga?

You can do the olive oil base and add in 4 or 5 tablespoons of buttermilk.

That just sounds great.
Btw

...Do I look French...?
This isn't you?
1593225245814.png

Its standard grocery store boudain. A bit of heat. And I plan on tossing it in egg and parm cheese and air frying it.
I have air fried a lot of stuff and it will hold. You know I dont play lol

I will say we dont airfry much of anything so I'm no authority.
We might toss in some burritos or tater tots when we dont feel like cooking but thats about it.

I'd stick with the Aioli sauce I know how to make at first.

Forum List

Back