Aioli base?

What do you use? I have even thought about sour cream.

For the second part: The reason I'm askin is because Sunday or Monday I'm making boudain meatballs air fried with a parmesean cheese crust. I plan on making a sweet dark cherry aioli to counter the heat and nuttiness from the meat but im stuck on the base. What do you think?
Use mayonnaise, that's all it is after all.
For some. Lol seems to be a big base too.
I only thought about sour cream to still keep the creaminess and avoid the strong taste of mayo

You can do the olive oil base and add in 4 or 5 tablespoons of buttermilk.

I'd stick with the Aioli sauce I know how to make at first.

OP is looking for something other than mayo

For the second part: The reason I'm askin is because Sunday or Monday I'm making boudain meatballs air fried with a parmesean cheese crust. I plan on making a sweet dark cherry aioli to counter the heat and nuttiness from the meat but im stuck on the base. What do you think?
What's aioli?
What's boudain?

Love black cherries. Is that the same as sweet dark cherries? Can't imagine them in a mayo sauce, or sour cream. I'm guessing boudain is a spicy sausage. I'd just make a cherry-something like a relish or mild chutney (leave out the heat).

I only thought about sour cream to still keep the creaminess and avoid the strong taste of mayo

That just sounds great.
Btw
Buttermilk is one of my secret ingredients either wet or the powdered kind. I personally prefer mustard with pork and really dislike cherry with it even though I know it is a common pairing. I hate cherries in all shapes sizes and preparations.

2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
juice of 1/2 lemon
2/3 cup olive oil
Thats kinda how I did my aioli for the pork. Do you think that would work for a parmesean crusted boudain meatball?

Yep.

Yep, you can do an aioli without the mayo. Eggs, oil of some kind, garlic or whatever flavoring. Disir's looks right.

Use a processor if you have one and add the herbs, cherries etc to whip it

You might want to find a recipe as if it's not done right it can crack and end up a mess, like hollandaise or something like that, so more to look at technique as much as anything.

I'd stick with the Aioli sauce I know how to make at first.

OP is looking for something other than mayo

Thats all well and good and I'm all for trying different shit.
But if he's going to do that he needs to make it Way early in case it sucks so he has time to make a new batch.
Aioli is way too easy to make and then let it fuck up your main course.

What about Mascarpone mixed with some garlic, lemon juice, egg yolks, Extra Virgin olive oil and the sweet dark cherry? Although not sure if the garlic goes with the sweet dark cherry so you might want to lose the garlic.

Mascarpone is very versatile it would be good to use for Aioli I think.

Well, I ended up doing a red whine reduction with the cherries. It turned out fantastic. My boudain balls, not so much. They just stayed mush. They needed to be deep fried, not air fried.
I will try this exact recipe again, only deep frying the boudain.
The air fry was a major disappointment.
The recipe will be a hit. Sometimes, you just dont nail it the first time around :dunno:

For the reduction
1.5 cups of pinot noir
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic
White vinegar
around 2 cups of cherries
Little bit of sugar
That stuff was so good guys! It would be good on so many things. It would especially be a good counter to something spicy.

For the reduction
1.5 cups of pinot noir
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic
White vinegar
Little bit of sugar
That stuff was so good guys! It would be good on so many things. It would especially be a good counter to something spicy.

A good many things like what?

My kid is coming home and I'm thinking I would like to make a pork tenderloin and with roasted garlic, Parmesan mashed potatoes. Could it operate like a gravy?

For the reduction
1.5 cups of pinot noir
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic
White vinegar
Little bit of sugar

A good many things like what?

My kid is coming home and I'm thinking I would like to make a pork tenderloin and with roasted garlic, Parmesan mashed potatoes. Could it operate like a gravy?
Tenderloin. Chops. Chicken. Turkey.
Yes. Just pour it on top of it. It wont be thick like gravy though. Maybe not reduce it as much and add some flour to it and it would? Would make a good glaze too.
Omg smoked turkey with this as a glaze :cool:

For the reduction
1.5 cups of pinot noir
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic
White vinegar
Little bit of sugar
That's the ticket! Let those cherries shine!

For the reduction
1.5 cups of pinot noir
1 cup of chicken broth
Garlic
White vinegar
Little bit of sugar
That's the ticket! Let those cherries shine!
They did!

Aioli

I've never even heard of it....... :dunno:

Forum List

Back