Ahh, The Wide World Of Power Struggles(ridiculous but humorous)!

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
I had always thought that a Sheriff was the HIGHEST law enforcement officer in any particular county, & that other law enforcement agencies like State Patrol, city police, feds etc. had to both notify & work with the Sheriff if they were performing law enforcement activities in a Sheriffs county. Apparently I was mistaken or times have changed. Welcome to the wide world of law enforcement power struggles in the fast lane!

Sheriffs are usually the most unaccountable and corrupt politician in any county government. It's almost like the office was designed to turn even the most honest man into a crook.

Our Spokane county Sheriff(Ozzie Knezovich) & his deputies are well respected out here on the prairie, like they are our only law enforcement in these out of the way places. They know how to relate to us folks out here which most of us are into agriculture. We know the deputies on a first name basis. Not a lot of action out here(Antarctica probably has more crime than we do). Idaho county also has super deputies! We would invite the deputies down there to our weekly bonfire parties. We lived @ the very end of Sears creek Rd. Idaho county clear @ the top of the hill but the deputy on duty always made it like we had food up the wazoo(it was the good times)!

Our acreage was unique being that Sears Creek Rd. came onto our acreage a few hundred feet & then skirted the west side of our livestock barn by only FIVE FEET then turned left & ended RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR SLIDING LIVESTOCK DOORS ON THE SOUTH END OF THE BARN!!! Eventually we added a turn around so folks expecting a through road would not end up stopped & staring @ a pair of barn doors! We occasionally had campers/tourists drive up with a confused look on their face. We explained the situation to them then offered them a cold beverage & relaxation if they desired. We'd all end up on the veranda on the west side of the house where my brother in law treated them to a "BIG DAVE SUPER STEAK" & trimmings. Like I said above it was the "good times". barn.JPG
The gravel where the all terrain vehicle is @ in the picture was the end of Sears Creek Rd. before we put the loop in. Only in Idaho!

New Topics

Forum List

Back