AGW and COVID-19 vaccine

Looking for your positions on two questions: Anthropogenic Global Warming and the COVID-19 vaccine

• I accept AGW theory as valid and I have gotten or will definitely get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I accept AGW theory but I have not gotten and will definitely not get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I reject AGW theory but I have gotten or will definitely get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I reject AGW theory and I have not gotten and will not get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again let me point out the only # that matters on this thread.........

Over 100,000,000 Americans are dialed into the Covid/Vax scam........the "anti'vaxers".:eusa_dance: They are rolling up their sleeves like..........never! Tough shit on the Covid OCD's. They best buckle up their chinstraps.......Ive been suggesting to all of them they bite the bullet and go out and buy a NASA space suit for forays into the community. Perhaps a military grade gas mask? Or just stay home!:hello77:

This fall........wait for it. All of the sanctimonious self-righteous Covid obsessed assholes will be having deep regrets when civil disorder fucks up their lives. Its going to be glorious when the mandates roll out........and they will.......tens of millions chomping at the bit for this. They've been waiting around for the right trigger......they see this as the HILL. The fun starts soon folks................

Fascinating that we still have people who think the jab inoculates them from transmission......more fascinating is these same mental cases still think masks work! The Covid obsessed still getting their billboard science from YahooNews.:deal:

BTW.......there have been more vaccine deaths than Covid deaths over the past two weeks. Well........according to the CDC. :abgg2q.jpg:
What a fucking lie. And over 95% of the Covid deaths now are among the unvaccinated. I have no sympathy for those who refuse to be vaccinated, they are Darwin Award winners, unless they are under 12. Go ahead, show a link to that. You cannot because it is not true. And just 3 dumbass states account for 40% of the Covid deaths now, Missouri, Texas, and Florida.

The added trend lines only make the contemporary rise look worse. Please explain why you think these other data support your position.
My position is that it is worse than the lines indicate. By the geological record, we are in an incredibly fast rise of temperature over the whole planet.

What a fucking lie. And over 95% of the Covid deaths now are among the unvaccinated. I have no sympathy for those who refuse to be vaccinated, they are Darwin Award winners, unless they are under 12. Go ahead, show a link to that. You cannot because it is not true. And just 3 dumbass states account for 40% of the Covid deaths now, Missouri, Texas, and Florida.

Lies?

Then the CDC is lying! :hello77: I got that from the CDC website!:2up: Progressives are anti-fact.

Only the droids cant see past the billboards. No hope.

The spike the ball news is.......over 100 million people will never be rolling up their sleeves. Its the only # that matters. We have 50% of the country that would get on the train tomorrow if some health authority said it was good for their health.

Want to laugh btw.......

So its always been that progressives have some fcuked up inability to think on the margin. Its a brain pathology.

The over 100 million Americans not taking the jab are able to think on the margin, thus are punting on the experiment.

Have the vax obsessed in here stopped driving? Because one has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better chance of dying in a traffic fatality today than dying of Covid. These mofu's are so OCD on Covid, they cant even do simple math. Thought processing fuck ups can do that.....its not an intelligence thing btw.

250,000 Americans will die this year from medical/doctor screw ups. Dollar to a stale bagel none of the Covid obsessed in here will avoid going to their doctor when sick! :deal:

My position is that it is worse than the lines indicate. By the geological record, we are in an incredibly fast rise of temperature over the whole planet.
I agree. I was attempting to address whoever posted that bit claiming the Hockey Stick was incorrect. Todd?

I've been driven to fatalism by the last few years. The combination of the actual data trends and the commitment that humans seem able to bring to this problem have me convinced that we never had any hope of avoiding this catastrophe. Debating with the fruit cakes here has just been a waste of time, though I can't say what other actions might have been sufficiently effective. The lives of our descendants will be "...poor, nasty, brutish, and short". I think that is the unavoidable fate of any species whose command of technology so outpaces their foresightedness. But, perhaps I just need another cup of coffee.

Where does the geological record show temperature changes over a 100-150 year period?
What natural, non-anthropogenic process do you believe is causing the currently observed warming that would allow it to appear and disappear in a period of time not visible - per your way of thinking - in the geological record?

As to resolution: the primary method of dating ice cores is by counting ANNUAL layers. This does become difficult further down in the column but layer counting is augmented by several other methods: uranium decay dating, flow dynamics analysis giving age/depth ratios, significant event markers and so forth. I suspect that our current warming 'pulse' would be discernible thoughout almost the entire 800,000 year span of the deepest ice cores. And, since homo sapiens only appeared on this planet 200,000 years ago, there is little relevance to older behavior; particularly when deniers, even with the entire 3.4 billion years of Earth history, have NEVER provided a reasonable alternative to AGW as the cause for our observed warming.

Last edited:
What natural, non-anthropogenic process do you believe is causing the currently observed warming that would allow it to appear and disappear in a period of time not visible - per your way of thinking - in the geological record?

As to resolution: the primary method of dating ice cores is by counting ANNUAL layers. This does become difficult further down in the column but layer counting is augmented by several other methods: uranium decay dating, flow dynamics analysis giving age/depth ratios, significant event markers and so forth. I suspect that our current warming 'pulse' would be discernible thoughout almost the entire 800,000 year span of the deepest ice cores. And, since homo sapiens only appeared on this planet 200,000 years ago, there is little relevance to older behavior; particularly when deniers, even with the entire 3.4 billion years of Earth history, have NEVER provided a reasonable alternative to AGW as the cause for our observed warming.

The geological record doesn't show temperature changes over a 100-150 year period?

This fall........wait for it. All of the sanctimonious self-righteous Covid obsessed assholes will be having deep regrets when civil disorder fucks up their lives. Its going to be glorious when the mandates roll out........and they will.......tens of millions chomping at the bit for this. They've been waiting around for the right trigger......they see this as the HILL. The fun starts soon folks................
Check it out everyone! Tough guy skook here is threatening civil war!

Why? Apparently, his tender snowflake feewings were hurt when DearLeader Trump lost. That made him feel like a loser by proxy, so he thinks that justifies mass murder by his side.

Not all Trump cultists are such loser-psychopaths, but many are.

Have the vax obsessed in here stopped driving? Because one has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better chance of dying in a traffic fatality today than dying of Covid.

Worldwide, the death rate from COVID is 2.1%

For the lambda variant, it's 9.3%

The long term disability rate is way, way higher than that.

If driving is more dangerous for you than that, I suggest driving a car that has working brakes.

The scientists have been right about everything, again. Exactly as they predicted, new deadlier variants arose, the vaccine largely protects against them, there are almost no deaths from the vaccine, and almost all COVID deaths are now among the unvaccinated.

What a cop-out ... you fully admit now you can't prove AGW Theory ... and thus demand we prove it's false ... that's not how science works ... your claim, your obligation to provide proof, or at least evidence ... and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ...

The geological record is not accurate enough to resolve yearly changes in temperatures ... and the ice core data isn't geology, it's ice ... and are you assuming not one milligram of the ice has ever melted over the past 2.5 million years? ... how wrong could you be ... the very evidence of warming would be lost in the ice core record due to melting ... what a geologist would call a "discontinuity" ...

Do we need to provide the means for non-AGW warming when the ice core record shows an abundance of evidence of this? ... obviously, something other than man-kind can cause, and has caused, these temperature swings ... and until we figure out how, why and when; it's disingenuous to say these natural processes have stopped ...

Also note that global temperatures have been higher than the IPCC predictions ... yet no evidence of catastrophe ... none ... looks like the worst thing that will happen is the Vermont fall color celebrations will be delayed a week or so ... Iowa growing season will be a little longer ... and it will still suck to live in snow country ...

Worldwide, the death rate from COVID is 2.1%

For the lambda variant, it's 9.3%

The long term disability rate is way, way higher than that.

If driving is more dangerous for you than that, I suggest driving a car that has working brakes.

The scientists have been right about everything, again. Exactly as they predicted, new deadlier variants arose, the vaccine largely protects against them, there are almost no deaths from the vaccine, and almost all COVID deaths are now among the unvaccinated.

lol........one person died in DC in July from Covid.....d0y. Again.......all noise. The only important # is that over 100 million Americans arent vaccine "hesitant". They arent taking the jab........ever. This past month has seen fully vaxed numbers go from 48.3% to 49.1%. :up: Covid case numbers are almost insignificant and death numbers near zero. Not a real impressive pandemic..........the black plague.........hold my beer. 50% of the public knows they are getting hosed ( 65% of blacks btw)

None of the Covid obsessed progressives have stopped driving in the past year.......fcuking bozos should. :deal: Because their chances of dying in a traffic fatality right now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than the chances of dying of Covid.

Oh.....did I mention the over 100 million?:stir:

Last edited:
What a cop-out ... you fully admit now you can't prove AGW Theory ... and thus demand we prove it's false ... that's not how science works ... your claim, your obligation to provide proof, or at least evidence ... and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ...

The geological record is not accurate enough to resolve yearly changes in temperatures ... and the ice core data isn't geology, it's ice ... and are you assuming not one milligram of the ice has ever melted over the past 2.5 million years? ... how wrong could you be ... the very evidence of warming would be lost in the ice core record due to melting ... what a geologist would call a "discontinuity" ...

Do we need to provide the means for non-AGW warming when the ice core record shows an abundance of evidence of this? ... obviously, something other than man-kind can cause, and has caused, these temperature swings ... and until we figure out how, why and when; it's disingenuous to say these natural processes have stopped ...

Also note that global temperatures have been higher than the IPCC predictions ... yet no evidence of catastrophe ... none ... looks like the worst thing that will happen is the Vermont fall color celebrations will be delayed a week or so ... Iowa growing season will be a little longer ... and it will still suck to live in snow country ...
I have admitted no such thing. Your comment, however, claiming ice isn't geology seems likely an admission you've never taken a class in geology or you didn't do well if you did.

That warming took place in the pre-human past is not even evidence, much less proof, that some non-AGW process is the cause of warming today. You apparently failed your logic class as well.

No one on my sides of these arguments ever suggested that temperatures higher than predicted would guarantee catastrophe. Your statement is a meaningless red herring. And if you don't think there have been repercussions to global warming in the last year, you haven't been paying attention - or perhaps you've been willfully ignoring reports that don't jibe with your anti-science fantasies.

PS: As most of us learned in 7th grade basic science, no theory can be proven. Another failed class? How far did you get in the educational system?

I have admitted no such thing. Your comment, however, claiming ice isn't geology seems likely an admission you've never taken a class in geology or you didn't do well if you did.

That warming took place in the pre-human past is not even evidence, much less proof, that some non-AGW process is the cause of warming today. You apparently failed your logic class as well.

No one on my sides of these arguments ever suggested that temperatures higher than predicted would guarantee catastrophe. Your statement is a meaningless red herring. And if you don't think there have been repercussions to global warming in the last year, you haven't been paying attention - or perhaps you've been willfully ignoring reports that don't jibe with your anti-science fantasies.

PS: As most of us learned in 7th grade basic science, no theory can be proven. Another failed class? How far did you get in the educational system?

Yeah, ice is covered in hydrology, it flows in special ways that most geology doesn't ... no, didn't get in a geology class, had to take a history class instead, Nazi college administrators ...

Past warming isn't evidence of past warming? ... nice logic ... "If A is true, then A is false" ... this will make lawn mowing today so much nicer ...

You misunderstand climate, our 100-year averages ... what happened in this past year is called weather ... from our 100-year averages, we can say what the probability of these weather events happening in this year ... and if this weather occurred within the past 100 years, then it's not even a hundred-year event ... I've been paying attention all my adult life, have you? ... most of this that's happening today has happened before, or close enough to make no difference ...

Yes, every time you use the term "climate change" rather than "global warming" ... you are being deceptive ... using New Speak to cause fear ... because there's nothing scary about global warming, talk of changing the climate implies catastrophe ... or are you being willfully ignorant? ...

...are exactly what one would expect in an interglacial cycle that has not yet reached the peak temperatures of previous interglacial cycles.
The normal peak for this cycle was reached between 6000 and 8000 years ago. And the Milankovitch Cycles do not align exactly the same way for every ice age and interglacial. If you actually knew anything about them, you would know that. The peak that we are creating now is solely due to AGW.

Forum List

Back