agrisolar

Solar has the advantage of being able to use the land that generates the electricity for other uses, be it residential or agriculture;

I can't think of a better way to usher in a 3,000 meter thick sheet of ice over parts of NA, Europe and Asia than widespread use of solar.

View attachment 505652

What didn't I grasp?

What didn't I grasp?

That we're already cooling ... already heading for a glaciation ... in 100,000 years, global temperatures will be 10-12ºC cooler than today ... currently, we can't demonstrate human activity could cause a 1ºC rise ... how are you demonstrating humans can drop temperatures 10ºC? ...

Here's an interesting calculation you can perform if you're bored this Stanley Cup Weekend (GO HABS) ... how much energy input is required to convert limestone in the ground into city sidewalk ... then compare to how much addition energy is contained within that city sidewalk ... I think you'll find what remains is trivial compared to the input ... all that extra energy is released back into the environment to escape back out into space ...

Besides ... the ice is Canada's problem ... the United States would gain agricultural land all along the Gulf Coast ... sea level drops 120 feet ...

Solar has the advantage of being able to use the land that generates the electricity for other uses, be it residential or agriculture;

I can't think of a better way to usher in a 3,000 meter thick sheet of ice over parts of NA, Europe and Asia than widespread use of solar.

View attachment 505652

Spiking the ball on symbolic stuff means nada in the real world. Progressives do it all the time......on gun ban marches.......on kneeling........on the "97% of climate scientists......." thing........on defund the police efforts

All billboard stuff only.......the policies never change!:oops8:

Only matters who's winning! :rock:

@www.whosnotwinning.com

View attachment 505652

What didn't I grasp?

What didn't I grasp?

That we're already cooling ... already heading for a glaciation ... in 100,000 years, global temperatures will be 10-12ºC cooler than today ... currently, we can't demonstrate human activity could cause a 1ºC rise ... how are you demonstrating humans can drop temperatures 10ºC? ...

Here's an interesting calculation you can perform if you're bored this Stanley Cup Weekend (GO HABS) ... how much energy input is required to convert limestone in the ground into city sidewalk ... then compare to how much addition energy is contained within that city sidewalk ... I think you'll find what remains is trivial compared to the input ... all that extra energy is released back into the environment to escape back out into space ...

Besides ... the ice is Canada's problem ... the United States would gain agricultural land all along the Gulf Coast ... sea level drops 120 feet ...

I'm pretty sure his point wasn't that we are already headed for a glacial cycle. I'm also pretty sure that you are missing the point about the erratic behavior of an icehouse planet relative to a greenhouse planet. The planet is uniquely configured for temperature swings from our present temp to a decrease of 8C and it wouldn't necessarily have to be a full blown glacial cycle either.

If CO2 emitted by man by burning fossil fuels AT SCALE can cause the planet to warm than preventing the earth from absorbing solar radiation by creating electricity from solar panels AT SCALE can cause the planet to cool is my point.

If you are trying to argue that all of the energy from solar panels is ultimately returned to heat THE SURFACE of the planet, that's a non-starter. You should know better.

And lose the NE and parts of the Midwest as well as parts of Europe and Asia.

If we covered 1% of the agricultural land in the US with panels, we could supply most of our energy needs from the solar.

Our croplands don't use that much electricity ... seems pointless to generate it out there ... this exact thing is done in cities, roofs and carports ... where the electricity is needed ...

You'll need to explain how solar provides "most of our energy needs" at night ... I think you're mistaken there ...
On the contrary, if you replace all the ICE engines used in farming with battery driven vehicles, agriculture will be using a great deal of electricity.

Forum List

Back