Aggrieved Whiteness: White Identity Politics and Modern American Racial Formation

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Most whites at USMB have this belief.

"Recent social psychological research, opinion polls, and political movements, such as the Tea Party and the candidacy and election of Donald Trump, have highlighted an increasingly widespread sentiment among white Americans that they are a structurally oppressed racial group. In spite of persistent socio-cultural and political economic structures of white supremacy, real racial inequalities that serve to privilege rather than oppress white people as a group, a politics of aggrieved whiteness has become increasingly prevalent. Aggrieved whiteness is a white identity politics aimed at maintaining white socio-political hegemony through challenging efforts to combat actual material racial inequality, while supporting heavily racialized investments in policing, prisons, and the military, and positing a narrative of antiwhite racial oppression loosely rooted in an assortment of racialized threats."

Aggrieved Whiteness: White Identity Politics and Modern American Racial Formation

So to be blunt, this is fiction whites created to maintain white socio-political hegemony or white leadership and dominance over others. It is based in a belief of entitlement

One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down than to raise and maintain expectations of others.

This mistake, this mis-reading of human nature, predictably led to increasing animosity and resentment within much of America's white populace.

That animosity and resentment increased and increased over time, and ultimately boiled over in 2016, leading to the election of Donald Trump.

So indeed, the Left is complicit in this man's presence in the White House. Irony of ironies.

Last edited:
One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down that to raise and maintain expectations of others.

This mistake, this mis-reading of human nature, predictably led to increasing animosity and resentment within much of America's white populace.

That animosity and resentment increased and increased, and ultimately boiled over in 2016, leading to the election of Donald Trump.

So indeed, the Left is complicit in this man's presence in the White House.

This comment is so wrong the even if I gets corrected I won't be right. So read this again so you undrstand how wrong you are. I'm eve gpig t bral hisdwn so it's ase fr you o rad.

"Recent social psychological research, opinion polls, and political movements, such as the Tea Party and the candidacy and election of Donald Trump, have highlighted an increasingly widespread sentiment among white Americans that they are a structurally oppressed racial group.

What is his sentiment based on?

In spite of persistent socio-cultural and political economic structures of white supremacy, real racial inequalities that serve to privilege rather than oppress white people as a group, a politics of aggrieved whiteness has become increasingly prevalent.

What whites are aggrieved about when you look at reality, is fake news.

Aggrieved whiteness is a white identity politics aimed at maintaining white socio-political hegemony through challenging efforts to combat actual material racial inequality, while supporting heavily racialized investments in policing, prisons, and the military, and positing a narrative of antiwhite racial oppression loosely rooted in an assortment of racialized threats."

So again, to be blunt, this is fiction whites created to maintain white socio-political hegemony or white leadership and dominance over others. It is based in a belief of entitlement.

One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down that to raise and maintain expectations of others. This mistake, this mis-reading of human nature, predictably led to increasing animosity and resentment within much of America's white populace. That animosity and resentment increased and increased, and ultimately boiled over in 2016, leading to the election of Donald Trump. So indeed, the Left is complicit in this man's presence in the White House.
This comment is so wrong the even if I gets corrected I won't be right.
I would be shocked if you felt any other way.

One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down that to raise and maintain expectations of others. This mistake, this mis-reading of human nature, predictably led to increasing animosity and resentment within much of America's white populace. That animosity and resentment increased and increased, and ultimately boiled over in 2016, leading to the election of Donald Trump. So indeed, the Left is complicit in this man's presence in the White House.
This comment is so wrong the even if I gets corrected I won't be right.
I would be shocked if you felt any other way.

So? I am right in what I said to you. Your comments were stupid and not based in fact.

One mistake the Left has made for generations is deciding that it's easier to bring someone down than to raise and maintain expectations of others.

Show proof of this.

"Recent social psychological research, opinion polls, and political movements, such as the Tea Party and the candidacy and election of Donald Trump, have highlighted an increasingly widespread sentiment among white Americans that they are a structurally oppressed racial group. In spite of persistent socio-cultural and political economic structures of white supremacy, real racial inequalities that serve to privilege rather than oppress white people as a group, a politics of aggrieved whiteness has become increasingly prevalent. Aggrieved whiteness is a white identity politics aimed at maintaining white socio-political hegemony through challenging efforts to combat actual material racial inequality, while supporting heavily racialized investments in policing, prisons, and the military, and positing a narrative of antiwhite racial oppression loosely rooted in an assortment of racialized threats."

So to be blunt, this is fiction whites created to maintain white socio-political hegemony or white leadership and dominance over others. It is based in a belief of entitlement

You actually put forward as a credible source something on the same level as Der Sturmer, Stormfront, Globe or the Star. Pitiful just pitiful.

Show proof of this.
Why in the world would I bother?

No proof is ever good enough for a True Believer.

So you can't prove it. You are true believer and I can prove that your opinion is crap. Because there hasn't been anything created that has kept whites down for them to be aggrieved about.

You actually put forward as a credible source something on the same level as Der Sturmer, Stormfront, Globe or the Star. Pitiful just pitiful.

Not even close.

Show proof of this.

So you can't prove it. You are true believer and I can prove that your opinion is crap. Because there hasn't been anything created that has kept whites down for them to be aggrieved about.
And that was going to be your response no matter how many examples I provided.

Nope.

It's just people who reject the racist bullshit of underachieving blacks trying to bully them.

Only in the mind of a dumb ass uneducated white loser.

Not even close.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Show proof of this.

And that was going to be your response no matter how many examples I provided.

Provide the examples and find out.

Not even close.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Apparently it has hurt you.

August 13, 2018
The Distemper of White Spite
by Fran Shor

Certainly, the very real decline of living standards and the attendant rise in morbidity statistics among some white workers, especially those in rural areas, has created an environment where racism and xenophobia can be mobilized. “Perceived threats to national security and/or unemployment” are breeding grounds for “anti-immigrant attitudes” (Michele Lamont, The Dignity of Working Men, 92). Hence, it is not surprising that Trump’s 2016 electoral victory owed much to the “dwindling proportion of traditionally high-status Americans (i.e., whites. Christians, and men), as well as those who perceived America’s global dominance as threatened.…(They inevitably gave) support for the candidate who emphasized establishing status hierarchies of the past” (Diana C. Mutz, PNAS, April 23, 2018).

In the next few decades people of color will become a majority of the American working class. Attacks by Trump and the Republican Party on people of color represent desperate attempts to mobilize whites and divide the working class for their own political benefits. Unfortunately, for the fortunes of the working class as a whole, the appeals to white spite go beyond the fringe extremist elements of the alt-right. They go to the core of persistent white supremacy – a core that needs to be confronted and removed if there is any hope for transformative change in the United States.

The Distemper of White Spite

New Topics

Forum List

Back