Age of the Universe - 13.7 Billion years +/-, or not? ~ Conundrum ...

If not a conundrum, than a contradiction of concepts regarding the speed of light (as a limit to speed in the universe) versus measuring something that appears to have happened more than twice the age of the universe in the past.
This needs to be corrected.

Nothing appears to us to have happened 28 billion years ago. That distance refers to what is believed to be the current distance to the star. The light hubble observed left the star 12.9 billion years ago.

From the article:

"When the light that we see from Earendel was emitted, the Universe was less than a billion years old; only 6% of its current age. At that time it was 4 billion lightyears away from the proto-Milky Way, but during the almost 13 billion years it took the light to reach us, the Universe has expanded so that it is now a staggering 28 billion lightyears away."

View attachment 646842

Lol, it's YOU who is SAF and POS as you didn't know about gravitational time dilation. Next time you call me names, look in the MIRROR first.

Good grief - do you have any idea what the Lorenz factor says in context of spacetime dilatation? For us here on Earth this dilatation plays not any role in context of our geological ages. And what name did I call you? Alp?

Last edited:
Good grief - do you have any idea what the Lorenz factor says in context of spacetime dilatation? For us here on Earth this dilatation plays not any role in context of our geological ages. And what name did I call you? Alp?

This is why I don't enjoy arguing with atheists. Why don't you explain your argument instead? I already blew you and the atheists/ags away with time dilation and how one can have time pass for 6,000 years on Earth while we can look at the stars and heavenly bodies and get wavelengths of billions of years. The atheist scientists don't know. They still go by the light in universe because it fits their wrong evolution assumptions of long time and do not consider real science. I blew your original argument away.

Forum List

Back