Agape... do you 'love' me?

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
The agape being taught in Church with its meaning of 'unconditional' love, is pretty 'wrong'.

There was a Church sermon of 'agape' and Peter and Christ and how Christ asked Peter, 'do you 'agape' me'? Peter replies, 'Lord, you know I 'phileo' you'....

In other words, Christ asks Peter, according to Church teaching, 'Do you unconditionally love me'? Peter responds, 'You know I'm [down] with you, I'm hip with you'.

However... take a look yourself.

(J)ohn 21:16

25. agapaó
Strong's Concordance
agapaó: to love​
Original Word: ἀγαπάω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: agapaó
Phonetic Spelling: (ag-ap-ah'-o)
Definition: to love
Usage: I love, wish well to, take pleasure in, long for; denotes the love of reason, esteem.

Cognate: 25 agapáō – properly, to prefer, to love; for the believer, preferring to "live through Christ" (1 Jn 4:9,10), i.e. embracing God's will (choosing His choices) and obeying them through His power. 25 (agapáō) preeminently refers to what God prefers as He "is love" (1 Jn 4:8,16). See 26 (agapē).

5368. phileó
Strong's Concordance
phileó: to love​
Original Word: φιλέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: phileó
Phonetic Spelling: (fil-eh'-o)
Definition: to love
Usage: I love (of friendship), regard with affection, cherish; I kiss.

So basically, Christ was asking Peter, 'Peter, do you prefer me; do you choose me more than you do to these others'?

Peter responded, 'Lord, You know that I have deep affection and regard towards You'.

Do you 'agapao'? Do you 'love'? Do you 'love' enough to 'do' rather than just 'hear'?

(J)ames 1:22 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."

Mother Teresa once said, 'How can you say that you love God Whom you do not see when you do not love your neighbor whom you do see'?

In other words, 'do you love, (agapao), your mom and dad more than just being 'hearers' of what 'love' IS'?

Ephesians 6:2 "Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )"

Ephesians 6:3 "That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth."

Last edited:
  • Banned
The speed at which Windows 10 operates online is as a 10 year old trying to finish up his/her homework..

And when persons are earning double digit, triple digit millions per year for making such OS-es to be used by the majority of the populace, if not the totality of the populace, then it makes one think why the Business 'watchdogs', the FTC being an example, are not pulling up their sleeves to jump into the Anti Trust 'battle' between company and civilians.

OUR MISSION
Protecting consumers and competition by preventing anticompetitive, deceptive, and unfair business practices through law enforcement, advocacy, and education without unduly burdening legitimate business activity.

OUR VISION
A vibrant economy characterized by vigorous competition and consumer access to accurate information.

OUR STRATEGIC GOALS
  1. Protect consumers from unfair and deceptive practices in the marketplace
  2. Maintain competition to promote a marketplace free from anticompetitive mergers, business practices, or public policy outcomes
  3. Advance the FTC’s performance through excellence in managing resources, human capital, and information technology
HOW FTC BENEFITS CONSUMERS
As a consumer or business person, you may be more familiar with the work of the Federal Trade Commission than you think. The FTC deals with issues that touch the economic life of every American.

The FTC is the only federal agency with both consumer protection and competition jurisdiction in broad sectors of the economy. The FTC pursues vigorous and effective law enforcement; advances consumers’ interests by sharing its expertise with federal and state legislatures and U.S. and international government agencies; develops policy and research tools through hearings, workshops, and conferences; and creates practical and plain-language educational programs for consumers and businesses in a global marketplace with constantly changing technologies. FTC’s work is performed by the Bureaus of Consumer Protection, Competition and Economics. That work is aided by the Office of General Counsel and seven regional offices. Learn more about the FTC's Competition mission...

History of the FTC

When the FTC was created in 1914, its purpose was to prevent unfair methods of competition in commerce as part of the battle to “bust the trusts.” Over the years, Congress passed additional laws giving the agency greater authority to police anticompetitive practices. In 1938, Congress passed a broad prohibition against “unfair and deceptive acts or practices.” Since then, the Commission also has been directed to administer a wide variety of other consumer protection laws, including the Telemarketing Sales Rule, the Pay-Per-Call Rule and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. In 1975, Congress gave the FTC the authority to adopt industry-wide trade regulation rules.

About the FTC

Here is a simple question.

Are you willing to let go of your life's learning experiences for an operating system which does not keep up with your stride? Are you willing to admit defeat to such an Operating System?

Microsoft aimed to have Windows 10 installed on over a billion devices within three years of its release;[15] this goal was ultimately reached in March 2020.[18] By July 2020, an estimated 73.34%[19] of traditional PCs running Windows are running Windows 10 (and almost all of the rest of Windows users run unsupported versions), and thus 57% of all traditional PCs use it.[20][19] Across all platforms (PC, mobile, tablet and console), 37% of devices run some kind of Windows, Windows 10 or older.[21] By mid-2020, Windows 10 is the most used Windows version in virtually all countries, including China.

Windows 10 - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back