After the crisis has passed and normalcy is restored, let's kick Texas out of the USA

If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.

Texas problem is another George Bush ( Texas oil man) gift. Lets deregulate the industry in the late 90's and depend on fossil fuel to provides us energy without government intervention. Well it work for awhile but when disaster strikes, it is the state government that looks foolish by believing " absolute faith in deregulation".

Should we kick them out of course not. They have oil so they still are useful.
Hey Stupid, the govt intervention was the subsidizing wind and solar that failed miserably. It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX. That overloaded the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.
Meanwhile windmills in Antarctica work year round. Gas lines froze and thus ain't the first time fuck those worthless braggards. They wanna secedie let them. Hope they don't let the door hit them in the ass.
So? You think those windmills are exactly the same as those in TX?
Please tell us you aren't that dumb.

The difference is that windmills in the colder climates are made to work even when it gets cold. Texas windmills owners do not want to spend the extra money to make then resistant to cold in warm sunny Texas.
Deicing and other tools to retain heating are not used in windmills in Texas. It is a business decision. Since the state does not regulate them then it is the owner's decision to spend the extra money on deicing and heating equipment.

I guess they decided it wasn't worth it and the state not going to say anything.
Why would you spend the money for weather that might occur every hundred years? Texas wasn't ready for this anymore than North Dakota would be ready for 110 degree temps! It doesn't mean there needs to be more regulations by government! People learn by experience. It took me one hurricane and not having power or AC in the Florida summer heat for 11 days to figure out that having a generator was a really good idea! I didn't need a regulation to make me do that...I made that call on my own! Texas and Texans will do the same thing.
Good for fucking you. Its not every 100 years. This shit happens. Mean while people are dead. Weather is getting more sporadic. Those fucks are getting billions of our money in aid so some fucks can rape Texas over and over while lining their own pockets and we get to pay for it. Does not end there we tired of paying for your hurricanes and for rich fucks floods that live right on the water. Add in the horse shit threats of succeeding. Ted fucking Cruz and the rest fuck Texas fuck the entire fucking south. We are tired of your shit go fucki g succeed and take your fucking lies and insurrection with your worthless asses. Blue states are tired of your fucking mouths and we are tired of paying for you. You want fat ass Trump as fucking king go do your thing we are fucking sick of you.
It's "seceding" dumbass............and "secede".

You are the one who needs a refund on your education, stupid.

Well you do seem to like the word stupid.
If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.

Texas problem is another George Bush ( Texas oil man) gift. Lets deregulate the industry in the late 90's and depend on fossil fuel to provides us energy without government intervention. Well it work for awhile but when disaster strikes, it is the state government that looks foolish by believing " absolute faith in deregulation".

Hey Stupid, the govt intervention was the subsidizing wind and solar that failed miserably. It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX. That overloaded the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.

Yeah take that dunce hat off once in a while as it is know to cut off the circulation of common sense.

Solar or wind does not proved that much energy in oil/gas rich Texas. It really does require that much common sense to figure that out. I would suggest you give up your right wing sites of having any truth. They exist only to tell you what you want to hear.
25 percent you say.

The category of renewable (Sun, Wind) is at lease 7th on the list.

That doesn't even account for how much is sent to other states like California who likes renewable and will buy it from other states.

View attachment 460198
Hey stupid, it isn't 2018 anymore.

I'll await your apology.

View attachment 460331

Yeah not much has changed in 2 years but what is your point.

Yeah take that dunce hat off once in a while as it is know to cut off the circulation of common sense.

Solar or wind does not proved that much energy in oil/gas rich Texas. It really does require that much common sense to figure that out. I would suggest you give up your right wing sites of having any truth. They exist only to tell you what you want to hear.
25 percent you say.

The category of renewable (Sun, Wind) is at lease 7th on the list.

That doesn't even account for how much is sent to other states like California who likes renewable and will buy it from other states.

View attachment 460198
Hey stupid, it isn't 2018 anymore.

I'll await your apology.

View attachment 460331
You said
It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX.

Well 23 % is not 25%.

Though frozen wind turbines were a contributing factor, wind shutdowns accounted for less than 13% of the outages, Dan Woodfin, senior director of system operations for ERCOT, told Bloomberg.

39% is not 13%

Be more accurate and people will start to take you seriously

oh who am I kidding, they won't
Well 23 % is not 25%.

I guess you missed the 2% solar............or maybe the math was too difficult for ya. 23 + 2 = 25.

You were talking "renewables", Stupid.

You said
It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX.

you still have not explained the 39% of the failed energy in Tx
and appear to be ignoring that one point.
Do you ever get tired of me making you look like the idiot you are?

"In different ways, the very cold weather has impacted every type of generator," said Dan Woodfin, a senior director at ERCOT, earlier this week.
He reported that ERCOT was missing about 46,000 megawatts of production ability due to loss of generators. About 61% of that loss comes from thermal (coal, nuclear, gas) plants shutting down. Only about 39% of the loss comes from wind/solar plants shutting down, Woodfin said.

Dan Patrick discusses Texas energy crisis on GMA | kvue.com
You posted that

the govt intervention was the subsidizing wind and solar that failed miserably. It accounts for 25% of energy in TX, and was 39% of the failed energy in TX. That overloaded the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.

clearly implying that the wind and solar failed miserably was the cause of the overloading of the natural gas and coal portion of the grid.

All sources failed because of the extreme weather and the fact that the state does not expect such demand for energy during the winter months. They tend to shut things down and do maintenance for the Summer months when demand is the highest. It is planning and they were not prepared for it.

Now of the sources of power are winterized in Texas and that was the other part of the problem.

You and your friends were quick to place the blame on renewable energies as the problem. Ignoring the other sources that shut down also because of the weather.
Hey Stupid, when your "green energy" accounts for 25% of the grid, and causes 39% of the outages, you have a problem.

Sorry for your ignorance.

Math may not be ;your strong suit but I would guess you really do not have one

IF renewables only caused 39 percent which is debatable. All that remains is the rest. What percentage did fossil fuel contribute to the problem.

No need to apologize for yours, it pretty obvious
The clown who couldn’t figure out 23 +2 = 25 is questioning the math skills of others.

Too funny.:laughing0301:

nice dodge but still didn't answer the question.
I don’t see a question mark anywhere in your dumbass post.

Half of California businesses are moving to Texas, the others are moving to Las Vegas and Idaho. California is going to become one big marijuana farm.
Yes they made a lot of money and now will move to a location where they can spend it. More bang for the bucks in other states is pretty obvious.

The Texas oil boom is drawing a lot of people.
They're moving so they can get tax breaks and better workers. That's a smart business plan.

Most of us here in Texas want out of the Union. .

“Most”? Prove it.
Ahem, ...many.

Most of us here in Texas want out of the Union. .

“Most”? Prove it.
Ahem, ...many.

How many?

Forum List

Back