After the China virus fears go away.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
If you could travel for a month anywhere in the world --estimated
budget for 2 adults of under $10,000 US dollars--where would you go ?
I've been to Hawaii and most of the eastern coast of the US from Cape Cod down to Key West. Never been farther west than Ft Worth Texas ( except flying to Hawaii).

Belize looks interesting and maybe some parts of S.America. Thought about Australia and /or New Zealand. Not too interested in China or SE Asia except Thailand maybe. Africa ? Not except for Egypt maybe. Alaska or Antarctica ....nah-- Growing up in NE Ohio was cold enough for one lifetime.

So I'm considering summer in Europe but wouldn't know where to start...any advice ? Not interested in learning any new languages either.

Krka Falls, Croatia.
1609627054109.png

After the China Virus the Chicken Littles will find something else to try to spread fear. Fearmongering is a tactic; not a disease. Besides we'll all be dead (and life as we know it will be gone from the planet) because of Global Warming and mutant Murder Hornets.

After the China Virus the Chicken Littles will find something else to try to spread fear. Fearmongering is a tactic; not a disease. Besides we'll all be dead (and life as we know it will be gone from the planet) because of Global Warming and mutant Murder Hornets.
You haven't heard ?
It's a quasar-tsunami beam that will wipe us out.

If you could travel for a month anywhere in the world --estimated
budget for 2 adults of under $10,000 US dollars--where would you go ?
I've been to Hawaii and most of the eastern coast of the US from Cape Cod down to Key West. Never been farther west than Ft Worth Texas ( except flying to Hawaii).

Belize looks interesting and maybe some parts of S.America. Thought about Australia and /or New Zealand. Not too interested in China or SE Asia except Thailand maybe. Africa ? Not except for Egypt maybe. Alaska or Antarctica ....nah-- Growing up in NE Ohio was cold enough for one lifetime.

So I'm considering summer in Europe but wouldn't know where to start...any advice ? Not interested in learning any new languages either.

Krka Falls, Croatia.
View attachment 436507
Fiji Islands used to be my top choice, but I agree that Belize, given adequate security (paid armed guards in parts if considering living there) is on my short list as well. This place below as well...Bora Bora or Bail Beach maybe? Idk but it's gorgeous! Anywhere there is a clean beach with mostly white sand free of litter, tropical fruity drinks, infinity pools (or uncrowded pools regardless of size), and plenty of sunshine- I'm in!

Two summers back, my family and I traveled to The Bahamas and stayed in Nassau on the mainland (not on Fantasy Island which is packed with crowds due to awesome water rides and amusement center). We had a great time experiencing the tourist area that was still safe enough but with the cultural experience. One of my favorite experiences was riding the jitneys (fare was close to free) and talking with the drivers-well, those who wanted to talk which meant most- and seeing areas a little outside of the tourist stops. Great time for anyone who loves to see the bottom of the ocean when wadding!
1609631432813.png

I'd like to travel to the Southern Hemisphere, to witness the Coriolis Effect first hand. It would be interesting to see the toilet water draining backwards.

I have an FB friend in Lusaka, Zambia, so hanging out in a joint there would be a tremendous vacay.

Forum List

Back