After The Ball Drops Tonight, It'll Be Back To Reality

Hmmm, maybe you're one of those guys that lets their wife handle the money.

Nope, I do it all, even buy 90% of the groceries.

I can afford the increase in prices as well, but it still impacts my life. It's that way for most all Americans unless they are pretty well off financially. You said you're still working so that's not the situation for you.

It is because I am still working that I am well off financially. Crazy what having an income does for a person. You might want to give it a try sometime, maybe you will like it.

No, this is just your stupidity coming through. For somethings there is no blame to be assigned. I think Trump did a shit job of responding to the pandemic, but I do not blame him for it.

Prior to covid our country never did better. Plenty of jobs around, gasoline never hit $3.00 a gallon even during our best economic times, the border had major reductions in crossings, business, small business and consumer confidence up, stock market doing fantastic. Everything was great until covid.

So for you to point to Trump and say things were worse when he left office is blaming him for covid because it's covid that turned everything to shit.

If you were so well off financially you wouldn't be working.

That is sort of stupid, to put it mildly.

I like my job, it pays me very well and I am less than 60 years old. My wife loves her job, only been going it for a decade and is not ready to give it up, and it pays her very well also.

We do not have as much put aside for retirement as I want to have, but we have only really been adding to it for the last decade as it is hard to worry about such things when living below the poverty level. We could retire today and be fine, but fine is not good enough.

My goal when I retire is to have no change in lifestyle at all outside of not going to work any longer. Thus the wife and I are putting away a large chunk of each paycheck as well as working on paying off the house we just bought in Oct by the time we do retire. And while we do this we are still enjoying our life right now.

As I have to admit, during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now New Year's that even despite the fact I was sick this past week, (and still trying to shake my cough) I've still tried to stay in a positive mind frame. Although I still haven't forgotten what's going on in the US right now.

However, that was a whole lot easier to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas because with the new year right around the corner, I am constantly reminded of how badly the Biden Harris Administration is going to mess this one up too and I am currently rather depressed. 😞

I really wish we were going into 2024 instead of 2023 because then even though I like a New Year's party as much as the next person that it would be a lot more meaningful. Trump, DeSantis,.. I honestly don't care who it will be at this point as long as they can get the job done and turn this country around. I might not like Trump, but at least I know that he could do something if he gets elected, but unfortunately that's not going to happen next year. :sigh2:
I am glad it's over. I prefer staying on routine. I like what I do for a living. I like my routine. I don't think I ever will retire fully. I take happy people to do happy things. I am always disappointed when that alarm goes off and it's time to turn the boat around.

Lay it out for me....tell me how my life has changed due to it.

I will be happy to listen to your logic.
The very fact that you are paying more for nearly everything in daily life, means that you have less to save, less to invest, less in the long run...You don't see it now because you don't think there is an alternative to the current situation...

You should expect more, demand more from the people that are currently involved in steering this economy and causing this to happen through their policies...Yet, you are more invested in a daily diatribe of Trump bashing, and protecting the very people that are robbing your future...

Here you go. Now prove me wrong...

The lowest gas price in 2018 was $2.39 per gallon, and it went even lower in 2020.

2018-gasoline-jpg.743751

$9.60 per gallon in Mendicino, CA on June 6, 2022.

Gas hit nearly $10 per gallon in this California city — the most expensive in the nation

You couldn't even get past the first item on the list. :laughing0301:
Moron just take the avg gas price in America 2018, compare to current avg gas price and understand that you are full of shit.

Historical comparisons are simple. It's only not simple when you are a piece of shit politico gasbag.

The very fact that you are paying more for nearly everything in daily life, means that you have less to save, less to invest, less in the long run...You don't see it now because you don't think there is an alternative to the current situation...

You should expect more, demand more from the people that are currently involved in steering this economy and causing this to happen through their policies...Yet, you are more invested in a daily diatribe of Trump bashing, and protecting the very people that are robbing your future...

The people robbing my future are the elected members of the duopoly, the very people you vote for.

There are too many people like you in the country that blindly vote for their party lacking the understanding there no basic difference between the two.

Thus, I can only make sure that me and mine are taken care of.

The people robbing my future are the elected members of the duopoly, the very people you vote for.

There are too many people like you in the country that blindly vote for their party lacking the understanding there no basic difference between the two.

Thus, I can only make sure that me and mine are taken care of.
Well, according to you, you're running behind on that task....

But this is a perfect example why having a conversation with you is futile at best...

You ask for my views, then when they're given, you instantly go into the "duopoly" bullshit...While the post that got us started was YOU defending the current members of the "duopoly" that are busy robbing our future...

There is only one phrase that can sum you up Gator...."Cop out".... Well, maybe another...."Fraud"....

I am glad it's over. I prefer staying on routine. I like what I do for a living. I like my routine. I don't think I ever will retire fully. I take happy people to do happy things. I am always disappointed when that alarm goes off and it's time to turn the boat around.
You’re a cruise captain? That IS fun!

ou ask for my views, then when they're given, you instantly go into the "duopoly" bullshit...While the post that got us started was YOU defending the current members of the "duopoly" that are busy robbing our future...

I have not defended a thing, nor a person, nor a party, nor any damn thing except for myself and mine

There is only one phrase that can sum you up Gator...."Cop out".... Well, maybe another...."Fraud"....

Whatever makes you happy. The whole premise if this thread is based upon people like you that tie their happiness and security to one party being in power.

The joys of knowing both parties suck and care about nothing but themselves is I do not have to be miserable half the time like you people on here if an election does not go my way

The downfall is knowing that people like you will keep doing it no matter how long things go without changing.

You’re a cruise captain? That IS fun!
Fishing charters mainly. I do run a booze cruise occasionally out of Cleveland but am kind of a back up to the full timers there. I only have 100 ton license. Can not run the big cruise ships. Working on getting that time for unlimited license. Next winter I will work on a bigger boat to get that time. I occasionally run a boat where we take out people to do the water jet packs. That is fun. Not for everyone though those jet packs can be pretty scary for some people.

That is sort of stupid, to put it mildly.

I like my job, it pays me very well and I am less than 60 years old. My wife loves her job, only been going it for a decade and is not ready to give it up, and it pays her very well also.

We do not have as much put aside for retirement as I want to have, but we have only really been adding to it for the last decade as it is hard to worry about such things when living below the poverty level. We could retire today and be fine, but fine is not good enough.

My goal when I retire is to have no change in lifestyle at all outside of not going to work any longer. Thus the wife and I are putting away a large chunk of each paycheck as well as working on paying off the house we just bought in Oct by the time we do retire. And while we do this we are still enjoying our life right now.

Sounds great and all but if anything, YOU should be worried about what they're doing in Washington to retard or even stop your goals. I mean, I'm retired now, have my apartments, have an IRA account but like you, wish it were larger. But as a conservative, when one dollar leaves my pocket I didn't need to spend because of politics and policies, it still impacts my life even though I live comfortably. That's one more dollar I could have put in my retirement account, one more dollar I could have put on my mortgages, one more dollar I could have used to make an improvement around here perhaps making things better for one of my tenants.

Maybe I'm too conservative, but that's what's in my blood.

Fishing charters mainly. I do run a booze cruise occasionally out of Cleveland but am kind of a back up to the full timers there. I only have 100 ton license. Can not run the big cruise ships. Working on getting that time for unlimited license. Next winter I will work on a bigger boat to get that time. I occasionally run a boat where we take out people to do the water jet packs. That is fun. Not for everyone though those jet packs can be pretty scary for some people.
That’s fun. I went on a snorkeling catamaran and while they wouldn’t let us hit the booze going out (obvious liability to get people blotto and then drop them underwater to breathe through a tube), but the ride back was GREAT.

Great job you have. Continue to enjoy it.

Sounds great and all but if anything, YOU should be worried about what they're doing in Washington to retard or even stop your goals. I mean, I'm retired now, have my apartments, have an IRA account but like you, wish it were larger. But as a conservative, when one dollar leaves my pocket I didn't need to spend because of politics and policies, it still impacts my life even though I live comfortably. That's one more dollar I could have put in my retirement account, one more dollar I could have put on my mortgages, one more dollar I could have used to make an improvement around here perhaps making things better for one of my tenants.

And even more obvious: the Democratic policies that are contributing to a big drop in stock prices has a massive impact on one’s retirement savings - and one’s retirement lifestyle.

If you want to blame one man then Putin would be a better candidate for starting a war and disrupting the world market. But even that is too simplistic. Blame the petroleum industry, blame the Saudi prince, blame the rigged system that protects oil company profits. Plenty of blame to go around and yet you blame the most powerless man in the equation. It's not pleasant to consider just how vulnerable we are to despots that rule the oil supply. Easier for you just to blame one guy.
Oil was up way before Putin started the war that Biden gave him the pipeline. That gave him the money to do it.

That’s fun. I went on a snorkeling catamaran and while they wouldn’t let us hit the booze going out (obvious liability to get people blotto and then drop them underwater to breathe through a tube), but the ride back was GREAT.

Great job you have. Continue to enjoy it.
I hope to die at the helm. It doesn't feel like work. I run duck hunting trips Nov. Thu Jan 3rd. That is harder work. Spend a good amount of time covered in ice and have to toss and retrieve 3 anchors multiple times per day. Getting to old for that. I hired a 25 year old guy to run those a couple of years ago. He is the perfect candidate to take that over. We are going to hammer out a deal for him to buy that business next week. That will free me winters to chase that time on a bigger boat and get a license up grade

Sounds great and all but if anything, YOU should be worried about what they're doing in Washington to retard or even stop your goals. I mean, I'm retired now, have my apartments, have an IRA account but like you, wish it were larger.

I cannot waste time worrying about waht I cannot change. Until people stop voting for the duopoly nothing will change and the best I can do is work to mitigate the damage being done.

. But as a conservative, when one dollar leaves my pocket I didn't need to spend because of politics and policies, it still impacts my life even though I live comfortably. That's one more dollar I could have put in my retirement account, one more dollar I could have put on my mortgages, one more dollar I could have used to make an improvement around here perhaps making things better for one of my tenants.

Yet you keep voting for the Repubs who do nothing at all to cut spending in our country. I personally do not believe an actual conservative could ever vote for the Repub Party.

I cannot waste time worrying about waht I cannot change. Until people stop voting for the duopoly nothing will change and the best I can do is work to mitigate the damage being done.

Of course you can change it. That's what voting is all about. When a bunch of people feel the way you do, that's when things don't change and you get screwed. Think of the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you'd still have in your pocket had Trump won. I know that's what I think about.

Yet you keep voting for the Repubs who do nothing at all to cut spending in our country. I personally do not believe an actual conservative could ever vote for the Repub Party.

Because there are only two parties you can realistically vote for, Democrat or Republican. Your other options are not vote at all which you then only have yourself to blame, or vote third party which has the same effect as not voting at all.

Of course you can change it. That's what voting is all about. When a bunch of people feel the way you do, that's when things don't change and you get screwed. Think of the hundreds if not thousands of dollars you'd still have in your pocket had Trump won. I know that's what I think about.

Yes, but there are not enough people like me that refuse to vote for the duopoly and too many people like you that will do so till the day they die. Thus nothing will ever change.

Because there are only two parties you can realistically vote for, Democrat or Republican. Your other options are not vote at all which you then only have yourself to blame, or vote third party which has the same effect as not voting at all.

And this is why there is nothing I can do to change things. People like you on both sides have been brainwashed into this way of thinking.

New Topics

Forum List

Back