After Taking $300,000 In PPP, Idaho Republican Writes OP-ED Calling For End To "Handouts"

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
1607127794501.png

Hello Your Majesty

The Idaho Statesman has a heartwarming story of a small business owner that was able to get through the red tape that has frozen out more than 50% of small business owners to get $314,727 from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). (Disclosure: Kos Media received a Paycheck Protection Program loan.) The small business owner was none other than Republican Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin.

Lt. Gov. McGeachin is a stellar example of the Republican ethos: hypocrisy.

In fact, a couple of months after taking some of that PPP money, McGeachin penned an op-ed for numerous publications to run, titled “For some, more is never enough.” In this little ditty of an opinion piece McGeachin decries “those who advocate socialized medicine, unearned income and other handouts,” saying “there really is no amount of spending that would satisfy them.”

I guess since the Lt. Gov. was able to clear a cool 300 G’s, it’s time to turn off that “handout” faucet she was drinking from?

The best part of this all is that later in the hypocrite’s oath she talks about all of the small business owners she’s been talking to who are worried about deficits and debts. Like most conservative opinion pieces, McGeachin seems to have confused a big business donor at some GOP fundraiser with her actual Idaho constituents.

After reports came out exposing McGeachin for being the phony baloney person she is, she went to her social media accounts to make a statement. She defended her decision for taking the money because she needed it.

Hehe.

Then she called this all a witch hunt and a liberal media conspiracy to attack her. Before climbing onto her wooden cross, she finished her long-winded and point-free statement by saying that if we had a “truly free market devoid of government lockdowns and other mandates,” businesses would be thriving and no one would need PPP loans.

She should go and ask Sweden about how well that worked for both its economy and public health. Spoiler alert: It’s been bad. Very bad. As in, government-officials-admitting-they-made-big-mistakes bad.

You might remember Janie McGeachin from such greatest hits as, women who have abortions should face the death penalty, and I love the militia so much that I’m willing to overthrow the government so that 97% of the country can be ruled by a minority of violent men with beards.

Recently, McGeachin was appearing in videos holding a gun and whining about government public health measures. She also appears to question whether or not the COVID-19 pandemic is real in that video.

Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin: hypocrite with a capital “FULL OF S---.”

View attachment 425177
Hello Your Majesty

The Idaho Statesman has a heartwarming story of a small business owner that was able to get through the red tape that has frozen out more than 50% of small business owners to get $314,727 from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). (Disclosure: Kos Media received a Paycheck Protection Program loan.) The small business owner was none other than Republican Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin.

In fact, a couple of months after taking some of that PPP money, McGeachin penned an op-ed for numerous publications to run, titled “For some, more is never enough.” In this little ditty of an opinion piece McGeachin decries “those who advocate socialized medicine, unearned income and other handouts,” saying “there really is no amount of spending that would satisfy them.”

I guess since the Lt. Gov. was able to clear a cool 300 G’s, it’s time to turn off that “handout” faucet she was drinking from?

The best part of this all is that later in the hypocrite’s oath she talks about all of the small business owners she’s been talking to who are worried about deficits and debts. Like most conservative opinion pieces, McGeachin seems to have confused a big business donor at some GOP fundraiser with her actual Idaho constituents.

After reports came out exposing McGeachin for being the phony baloney person she is, she went to her social media accounts to make a statement. She defended her decision for taking the money because she needed it.

Hehe.

Then she called this all a witch hunt and a liberal media conspiracy to attack her. Before climbing onto her wooden cross, she finished her long-winded and point-free statement by saying that if we had a “truly free market devoid of government lockdowns and other mandates,” businesses would be thriving and no one would need PPP loans.

She should go and ask Sweden about how well that worked for both its economy and public health. Spoiler alert: It’s been bad. Very bad. As in, government-officials-admitting-they-made-big-mistakes bad.

You might remember Janie McGeachin from such greatest hits as, women who have abortions should face the death penalty, and I love the militia so much that I’m willing to overthrow the government so that 97% of the country can be ruled by a minority of violent men with beards.

Recently, McGeachin was appearing in videos holding a gun and whining about government public health measures. She also appears to question whether or not the COVID-19 pandemic is real in that video.

good to know he saw the error of his ways and stepped up to stop this reckless spending...

I don't get it... How is a loan a hand out? I'm obviously missing something.

View attachment 425177
Hello Your Majesty

Hehe.

Most Republicans are a bunch of Frauds but the Dens are far worse

You know as well as I do the "idea" that these were ever a "loan" was nothing more than political cover as they do not get paid back.

She is like those who tell people to stay home while they do not a hypocrite of the highest order.

You know as well as I do the "idea" that these were ever a "loan" was nothing more than political cover as they do not get paid back.

She is like those who tell people to stay home while they do not a hypocrite of the highest order.

Depends on how it is spent. I believe that at least 75% went to payroll and the other 25% spent on necessities like keeping the lights on and rent, if they didn’t follow the guidelines, then it would have to be paid back. I have heard of companies that got in trouble and are paying them back with interest and penalties, but I’m not sure of the penalties part. I looked into it for several small business owners back in April or May.

They're forgivable loans which essentially makes them grants as long as the money was spent on allowable expenses - payroll, rent and a few other things, but primarily payroll which is why it is called the Paycheck Protection Program.
So where is the problem?

They're forgivable loans which essentially makes them grants as long as the money was spent on allowable expenses - payroll, rent and a few other things, but primarily payroll which is why it is called the Paycheck Protection Program.
So where is the problem?

You called them loans. You pay back loans. These are not getting paid back.

PPP goes to the employees not the employer

if she took the money and laid off the workers anyway as some have done you would have a legit criticism

So where is the problem?

I called them what the government is calling them.

PPP goes to the employees not the employer

if she took the money and laid off the workers anyway as some have done you would have a legit criticism
I don't think that is true.

Edit: As I currently understand it and I haven't looked into it that deeply, you can only ask for loan forgiveness under certain circumstances...

Otherwise it's just a REALLY fuck'n cheap loan.

Edit: I'm wrong. Kind of. You are eligible for forgiveness, if you used said money as intended. If you didn't, it was a really cheap fuck'n loan.

A PPP loan is designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. PPP loans are eligible for full or partial forgiveness if the money is used for qualifying costs including payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.

You may be eligible for for full forgiveness if:

• Entire loan is used for qualifying costs:
  • At least 60% is used for payroll
  • And the rest is used for business rent, business utilities, or mortgage interest on a business property
  • You either don’t lay off employees or rehire them by December 31, 2020
  • For your employees who make less than $100,000 a year, you either don’t cut their wages by more than 25% or you restore their original wages by December 31, 2020
  • Note: If you received an EIDL Advance, the amount of that EIDL Advance will be deducted from your total forgiveness amount.

Last edited:
So where is the problem?

I called them what the government is calling them.

And that was addressed early on.

If you didn't, it was a really cheap fuck'n loan.
With all the money floating around most loans are cheap anyway

my position on helicopter money - i.e stimulus - is that someday in the future it will bite everyone in the ass as our national credit rating implodes

we should never have started the lockdowns

but having done so it should have been limited to 90 days max

low income workers need jobs not handouts for doing nothing

If you didn't, it was a really cheap fuck'n loan.
With all the money floating around most loans are cheap anyway

my position on helicopter money - i.e stimulus - is that someday in the future it will bite everyone in the ass as our national credit rating implodes

we should never have started the lockdowns

but having done so it should have been limited to 90 days max

low income workers need jobs not handouts for doing nothing
I agree.

So the discussion should be over.
It might be... Do you disagree with something I have said? Or do you even want to discuss it further? I'm willing.

They are loans and the reason they were used was to help get workers employed that would otherwise have been laid off due to lack of work or no work. Employers that kept employees on the payroll saved the states billions in un employment. It was one of the programs the Cares package put out.

You are 100% correct. This package was made available because states shutdown nonessential businesses and if not for the program businesses would have failed and unemployment would have skyrocketed because of government mandates. The government created a huge problem and since they created it, they are responsible for getting us out of it. I have no problem with any small business taking the money and using it for what it’s pur was. So have have no issue with what she said or did.

Forum List

Back