AFTER TAKEOVER, YEMEN'S SHIITE REBELS CRITICIZED OVER 'COUP'

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Iran, though, is probably very, very glad that the Shiites took over in Yemen.

Feb 7, 1:32 PM EST

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

SANAA, Yemen (AP) -- A day after taking power, Shiite rebels in Yemen found themselves increasingly under pressure Saturday as thousands protested against their rule and a group of nearby countries denounced their "coup."

The leader of the Houthi rebels, Abdel-Malak al-Houthi, gave an impassioned speech defending dissolving Yemen's parliament Friday as the only response to a power "vacuum" - one his group created by besieging the country's president, who later resigned.

Continue reading at:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_YEMEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DE

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

SANAA, Yemen (AP) -- A day after taking power, Shiite rebels in Yemen found themselves increasingly under pressure Saturday as thousands protested against their rule and a group of nearby countries denounced their "coup."

The leader of the Houthi rebels, Abdel-Malak al-Houthi, gave an impassioned speech defending dissolving Yemen's parliament Friday as the only response to a power "vacuum" - one his group created by besieging the country's president, who later resigned.

Continue reading at:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_YEMEN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DE

Sally-----I am sure you know ----Yemen is THE HOTSPOT
and has been for several years now-----finally the white house
figured it out----that it is a cradle for terrorists. Would be
mujahad scum actually have been going there for training for
MANY YEARS-----including americans. I am not all that
delighted with drones-----but if there is any place in the world
that NEEDS TO BE DRONED-----it is yemen. An interesting historical note-----Even Nasser could not deal
with Yemen-------he is the only person to use NITROGEN
MUSTARD GAS since world war II-------he dropped it on
Yemeni villages------the ones that rejected the filth and
stench of BAATHISM

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

Continue reading at:

And I suppose that's another war you want us to involve ourselves in? At what point do we let the world their own damn wars, never?

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

Continue reading at:

that NEEDS TO BE DRONED-----it is yemen. An interesting historical note-----Even Nasser could not deal
stench of BAATHISM

Thousands have been out in the streets protesting this coup, and the UN wants to see the previous President put back in power. Who even knows what will happen in the end.

Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi Must be Restored as Yemeni President UN

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

Continue reading at:

stench of BAATHISM

Thousands have been out in the streets protesting this coup, and the UN wants to see the previous President put back in power. Who even knows what will happen in the end.

the best one they had was SALEH----he is in Saudi Arabia. I think he ran about four years ago

BY AHMED AL-HAJ
ASSOCIATED PRESS

BUY AP PHOTO REPRINTS
spacer.gif

A

Continue reading at:

stench of BAATHISM

the best one they had was SALEH----he is in Saudi Arabia. I think he ran about four years ago

Too bad all those protestors don't call for him to come back, and maybe Saudi Arabia could convince him to return. I am sure the Saudis don't want the Shia (via Iran) running the country.

New Topics

Forum List

Back