After concealing her race, Black Indianapolis owner's home value more than doubled

If it is 80% black how are all your tenants white?

It's all in the way you advertise. I advertise I'm looking for "clean and very quiet" tenants, and most blacks don't reply.

I have corrected you on numerous occasions for the untruths you have posted. I can tell you several false things you have wrote, but who wants to spend an hour or 2 going through that bullshit

Don't have to go through an hour. Just name one thing I wrote that was false, and we'll discuss it.

If it is 80% black how are all your tenants white?

It's all in the way you advertise. I advertise I'm looking for "clean and very quiet" tenants, and most blacks don't reply.

What's that? WHITES ONLY. Nobody is buying that weak ass excuse.
I have corrected you on numerous occasions for the untruths you have posted. I can tell you several false things you have wrote, but who wants to spend an hour or 2 going through that bullshit

Don't have to go through an hour. Just name one thing I wrote that was false, and we'll discuss it.

Hell you made false statements about the George Floyd case, the Ahmaud Abury case, that is 2.

What's that? WHITES ONLY. Nobody is buying that weak ass excuse.

I've had black tenants before as well. One couple was not so clean, but they were quiet. Her mother had to come here and clean up after her when she and her family left. The other was a young single girl. Quiet as a mouse. I had to kick her out for not paying rent, but when she left, I didn't have to do a thing to the place. It was in just as good of shape as when I rented it to her. I admit she was a risky rent, but I met her father and he seemed to be a really good guy.

Point is that my methods work. As for what I have now, I rented to a young white couple and they turned out to be good tenants. When another apartment opened up, her parents were looking for a place. Birds of a feather. When another opened up, she had her sister move into that one. I haven't advertised an apartment in six years, and now I have all great tenants living here.

Hell you made false statements about the George Floyd case, the Ahmaud Abury case, that is 2.

I didn't say anything about Abury since I don't even recall who the hell that is, but what false statement did I make about Floyd?

The result? Carlette Duffy's appraised value more than doubled.

Duffy’s home, which was assessed by different companies in 2020, was first appraised at $125,000, then $110,000 and finally $259,000 in November, according to the Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana. The nonprofit announced this month that it had filed housing discrimination complaints on Duffy’s behalf with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Amy Nelson, executive director of the group representing Duffy, said it's “heartbreaking” that the homeowner had to do so much to secure a fair appraisal.

There is no such thing as racism in this country.

Here house was just low balled because she works for the wrong person.

Smfh.

Cool story.

I've had black tenants before as well. One couple was not so clean, but they were quiet. Her mother had to come here and clean up after her when she and her family left. The other was a young single girl. Quiet as a mouse. I had to kick her out for not paying rent, but when she left, I didn't have to do a thing to the place. It was in just as good of shape as when I rented it to her. I admit she was a risky rent, but I met her father and he seemed to be a really good guy.

Point is that my methods work. As for what I have now, I rented to a young white couple and they turned out to be good tenants. When another apartment opened up, her parents were looking for a place. Birds of a feather. When another opened up, she had her sister move into that one. I haven't advertised an apartment in six years, and now I have all great tenants living here.

Wow, Ray, two problem tenants....

I rented for 13 years, never had a problem tenant... And not in a particularly nice neighborhood.

I rented for 13 years, never had a problem tenant... And not in a particularly nice neighborhood.

I don't do rental properties but, if I did, I wouldn't rent to negroes. There are plenty of ways around the whole "discrimination" thing.

A friend of mine simply puts an income requirement when he rents one of his units. Seeing as the vast majority of coloreds are afraid to work, they don't have the money to make the cut.

And, yes, he's been sued over this.

Unsuccessfully...

I don't do rental properties but, if I did, I wouldn't rent to negroes. There are plenty of ways around the whole "discrimination" thing.

A friend of mine simply puts an income requirement when he rents one of his units. Seeing as the vast majority of coloreds are afraid to work, they don't have the money to make the cut.

Unsuccessfully...

"Coloreds"? What did you just escape from 1950?

Back on ignore you go, before you start going into weird stalking mode again.

Unsuccessfully...
Are you afraid there might be someone who DOESN'T know how much of a racist douche bag you are? You don't need to worry about it so much.

Unsuccessfully...

"Coloreds"? What did you just escape from 1950?

Back on ignore you go, before you start going into weird stalking mode again.
Oh, no!! "IGNORE"???

Oh please, I... wait. That's right, I don't give a fuck...

Unsuccessfully...
Are you afraid there might be someone who DOESN'T know how much of a racist douche bag you are? You don't need to worry about it so much.

I don't give a fuck, asswipe...

Unsuccessfully...

I don't give a fuck, ..
Yes you do, chickenshit.

Unsuccessfully...

I don't give a fuck, ..
Yes you do, chickenshit.

You're about as ignorant as am ignorant fuck can get, you know that?

Trust me, I truly don't give a shit what people think of me here. If you do, you're a sad, sad individual who needs counseling.

And a lot of it...

Unsuccessfully...

Even if unsuccessful, paying for an attorney is costly, even though it's tax deductible. I don't do credit checks any longer because that turned out to be a failure. Some of my best tenants are people who lost their home or filed bankruptcy. When I did things by the book like anybody else, half the time people that made decent money and had excellent credit were my worst tenants. People who don't make a ton of money stay here the longest provided I don't up their rent every year, which my policy is not to if possible. The tenant who's been here the longest is going on 11 years now, and he never seen a rent increase. He'll probably stay here until he dies.

I've been doing this over 25 years, and like anything else, you learn along the way. What may work out for one landlord doesn't work out for another.

They weren't my only two problem tenants, and they weren't real problems. Like I said, with the couple, they left the place a mess; pills laying all over the floors even though they had a 1 year old crawling around on it. I don't think the pills were anything harmful, but who lives like that? I felt bad for the mother who came here to clean the place up. She was so nice and seemed so embarrassed of her daughter, and I can't blame her.

When the single tenant stopped paying rent, I asked her to leave and she just did without a battle. I kept her deposit so it wasn't much of a loss there.

If anybody can tell me of a more successful strategy to getting good tenants than mine, I'd love to hear it. Because I tried every other way, and nothing guarantees you great tenants all the time, including my own way.

Forum List

Back