After Brazil legalized killing of robbers and murderers on motorcycles….this started happening…

That was probably the best, most enjoyable, video I have ever seen.

The great thing about it is that, in many of the cases, it was people not involved who stepped (drove) in to save the victims and stop the attackers.

We need that in the US. When a thug is attacking the cops in a subway in NYC, bystanders should be armed, able, and willing to pull their guns and shoot the attacker. And his girlfriend, too.

Now the Trumpanzees LOVE the shithole countries. 🤣
Brazil was never called one of the shithole countries. Venezuela, Guatemala, Honduras, are shitholes.

Are we going to go back to defending the countries that millions want out of so badly that they march thousands of miles through Mexico, endure rape, molestation, extortion, kidnapping, murder, just to get to America.

Yeah, the only place you think is a shithole country is the United States.

Right, and I agree with the concept of allowing citizens to protect their own streets and neighborhoods by whatever means necessary. In reality, however, I could see such a climate of anything goes vigilantism turning into people shooting just about anyone and everyone they meet—on sight. Which is also fine, if you don't have a family and never intend to go out in public.

I'm not busting your chops—really, I'm not. My wife and live on a large, secluded piece of land out in the mountains. I would love to have carte blanche weapons free permission to deal with anyone who fucks with us out here. However, I also don't want one of our nieces or nephews shot for accidently straying onto a distant neighbor's property.

All I'm getting at is that there's a fine (and bloody) line between taking back one's streets and neighborhoods and accidentally killing lots of the wrong people. I mean, if these Brazilian motorcycle bandits are stupid enough to essentially wear a bad guy uniform that identifies them as killers, then sure . . . open season, right?
When did vigilantism become a bad thing? The history of community defense against crime was pure vigilantism. Only when cities began to create official police departments in the early-mid 1800s did that change. Before that, volutary citizens, watchmen, guarded the cities and called out the people, you remember the people, don't you? They were, at the time, often called the militia when called to defend their cities.

In fact the word vigilante meant watchman.

Somehow we've forgotten liberty and have grown to love the police state.

The police have no obligation to defend us and we have no right to expect them to defend us. What the police do very well, though, is to defend those who place themselves above us.

Vigilantism is actually the natural form of defense of a community against violence and crime. The role of the police is to take those who survive their crime to jail and hold them for, and deliver them to, trial.

That is all the police do to day, as well. Jump a turnstile in the NYC subway? The police are there; you've robbed the city. Rob or rape a woman in the subway? No cop to be found. Later, they take the report.

A bodega worker gets robbed, not a cop to be found. Defend yourself and suddenly the cops are there to arrest you.

This isn't an attack on the police indiviually; it's simply an acknowledgment of the law and of reality. The law is very clear that the police are not there to protect you. When one happens to see a crime and stops it, that's great but it is neither the norm nor the expectation. The norm is that the police come later and do the paperwork.

The preference would be vigilantes stopping the crime and holding the criminal for the police. In these clips from Brazil, the criminals are armed. You don't negotiate or demand surrender of an armed bad guy. You stop them with overwhelming force.

These video clips demonstrate exactly how a crime should end in every city in the world, especially in the US.

That was probably the best, most enjoyable, video I have ever seen.

The great thing about it is that, in many of the cases, it was people not involved who stepped (drove) in to save the victims and stop the attackers.

We need that in the US. When a thug is attacking the cops in a subway in NYC, bystanders should be armed, able, and willing to pull their guns and shoot the attacker. And his girlfriend, too.

Currently, people simply go to watch super-hero films and live vicariously.

When did vigilantism become a bad thing? The history of community defense against crime was pure vigilantism. Only when cities began to create official police departments in the early-mid 1800s did that change. Before that, volutary citizens, watchmen, guarded the cities and called out the people, you remember the people, don't you? They were, at the time, often called the militia when called to defend their cities.

In fact the word vigilante meant watchman.

Somehow we've forgotten liberty and have grown to love the police state.

The police have no obligation to defend us and we have no right to expect them to defend us. What the police do very well, though, is to defend those who place themselves above us.

Vigilantism is actually the natural form of defense of a community against violence and crime. The role of the police is to take those who survive their crime to jail and hold them for, and deliver them to, trial.

That is all the police do to day, as well. Jump a turnstile in the NYC subway? The police are there; you've robbed the city. Rob or rape a woman in the subway? No cop to be found. Later, they take the report.

A bodega worker gets robbed, not a cop to be found. Defend yourself and suddenly the cops are there to arrest you.

This isn't an attack on the police indiviually; it's simply an acknowledgment of the law and of reality. The law is very clear that the police are not there to protect you. When one happens to see a crime and stops it, that's great but it is neither the norm nor the expectation. The norm is that the police come later and do the paperwork.

The preference would be vigilantes stopping the crime and holding the criminal for the police. In these clips from Brazil, the criminals are armed. You don't negotiate or demand surrender of an armed bad guy. You stop them with overwhelming force.

These video clips demonstrate exactly how a crime should end in every city in the world, especially in the US.

I am proven so 100% right in the quoted statement:

Forum List

Back