African American Slang Semantics

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I recently read that the sister of Miley Cyrus (who I presume has a name, but I don't know it) referred to Candace Owens as a "Nappy Ass Hoe." The mind reels. My impression is that Candace Owens is a brilliant Conservative pundit, who is articulate, attractive, and if she has any fault at all it is that he makes her cogent remarks so quickly that one has a difficult time keeping up. At least I do.

But on to the slander...

I have heard the expression, "Nappy-headed," which adjectival expression refers to the texture of an African American's hair, presumably unkempt. One might recall an incident several years ago when Don Imus figuratively got his teat in a ringer for using the expression "Nappy Headed Hoes" to describe a woman's basketball team. Apparently he crossed some sort of line that white people are prohibited from crossing.

But I ask, what is the meaning of "Nappy assed"? It makes no sense. It's rather like saying "curly skin." Beyond stupid.

And what about the word, "Ho," and its apparent plural, "Hoes." It is a distortion of the word, "whore," which I note begins with a W, not an H. So should it be spelled "Whoes"? Since the R is silent, how about "who'es," to hint at the silent R?

More importantly, if the sister of Miley Cyrus is commonly referred to as "the sister of Miley Cyrus," why quote her at all? And will she get away with criticizing a perfectly wholesome Black woman? Will she be branded a "racist"? After all, any time a Conservative criticizes a Black person, that is deemed PROOF that the said Conservative is a racist. Does the same rule apply to Conservative Black women? Liberal white women?

I recently read that the sister of Miley Cyrus (who I presume has a name, but I don't know it) referred to Candace Owens as a "Nappy Ass Hoe." The mind reels. My impression is that Candace Owens is a brilliant Conservative pundit, who is articulate, attractive, and if she has any fault at all it is that he makes her cogent remarks so quickly that one has a difficult time keeping up. At least I do.

But on to the slander...

I have heard the expression, "Nappy-headed," which adjectival expression refers to the texture of an African American's hair, presumably unkempt. One might recall an incident several years ago when Don Imus figuratively got his teat in a ringer for using the expression "Nappy Headed Hoes" to describe a woman's basketball team. Apparently he crossed some sort of line that white people are prohibited from crossing.

But I ask, what is the meaning of "Nappy assed"? It makes no sense. It's rather like saying "curly skin." Beyond stupid.

And what about the word, "Ho," and its apparent plural, "Hoes." It is a distortion of the word, "whore," which I note begins with a W, not an H. So should it be spelled "Whoes"? Since the R is silent, how about "who'es," to hint at the silent R?

More importantly, if the sister of Miley Cyrus is commonly referred to as "the sister of Miley Cyrus," why quote her at all? And will she get away with criticizing a perfectly wholesome Black woman? Will she be branded a "racist"? After all, any time a Conservative criticizes a Black person, that is deemed PROOF that the said Conservative is a racist. Does the same rule apply to Conservative Black women? Liberal white women?

"Siblings: Christopher Cody (older paternal half-brother), Trace Cyrus (older maternal half-brother), Brandi Cyrus (older maternal half-sister), Braison Cyrus (younger brother), and Noah Cyrus (younger sister). Brandon Cyrus is a related family member on her father's side."

But on to the slander...

Why bother yourself with the antics of slaves? These people voted for their rights to be taken away, many returning to the roots of their fore-fathers who had in chains made that trip across the Atlantic in Muslim slave ships. No free person should even try to understand and communicate with a prog slave, as their lack of intelligence makes them just rant and rave. Most of the Prog slaves of this board, i have on ignore, because as a free person, it is beneath me to allow a slave to talk to me...

Forum List

Back