Afghanistan To Release 400 Hard Core Taliban Fighters

skews13

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afghanistan will release 400 “hard-core” Taliban detainees to kick off peace negotiations between the government and the militant group, Reuters reported.

Members of Afghanistan’s Loya Jirga assembly on Sunday approved the release, which the Taliban demanded before joining talks.

“In order to remove an obstacle, allow the start of the peace process and an end of bloodshed, the Loya Jirga approves the release of 400 Taliban,” the assembly said in a resolution, according to Reuters.

“Today, I will sign the release order of these 400 prisoners,” President Ashraf Ghani said shortly after the resolution passed.

OP
skews13

skews13

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afghanistan will release 400 “hard-core” Taliban detainees to kick off peace negotiations between the government and the militant group, Reuters reported.

Members of Afghanistan’s Loya Jirga assembly on Sunday approved the release, which the Taliban demanded before joining talks.

“In order to remove an obstacle, allow the start of the peace process and an end of bloodshed, the Loya Jirga approves the release of 400 Taliban,” the assembly said in a resolution, according to Reuters.

“Today, I will sign the release order of these 400 prisoners,” President Ashraf Ghani said shortly after the resolution passed.

I wonder how much bounty money they’re going to collect?

400 more anonymous donors to the Trump campaign.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Obama!

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score

Did DeBlasio move to Afghanistan? Don't they learn anything from our blunders?

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List