Afghanistan: "This War Is Above His Head"

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Michael Yon On General McChrystal: "This War Is Above His Head"

Life was good before I went to Iraq. But after three friends were killed during the GWOT, and my growing mistrust for the media and for the US Government/Military, I quit traveling the world and went to war. The United States was in peril. I am American. Today, I do not trust McChrystal anymore than some people trust the New York Times, Obama or Bush. If McChrystal could be trusted, I would go back to my better life. McChrystal is a great killer but this war is above his head. He must be watched.

Green Beret turned independent war reporter Michael Yon delivered this damning statement from the field over the weekend. Given his history with the military, his spending more time embedded than any other journalist, and his first-person analysis of Iraq, Obama ought to be listening.

Afghanistan: FUBAR

Thanks for the short bio. Goes to credibility. #2 Son just arrived Afghanistan, FOB Sharana, so anything about this war interests me.

Michael Yon, at the personal request of Gen McCrystal, has been dis-embedded.

Yon has now accused McCrystal of covering up his own mistakes, at the cost of our troops.

Michael Yon Disembedded by US Military |The American Pundit

That's a pity. He's just about the best war journo reporting out of Afghanistan and Iraq. No political spin with Michael. He tells it like it is.
I'm rather shocked, honestly. I know three guys over there right now, and this doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The problem is our troops are too intelligent for this war. We can’t fight an enemy this primitive and dumb.

We need to train Rhesus monkeys to go after the Taliban, fight idiocy with primacy.

This is no war for human beings.

Let the Civil War be our guide.

General Robert E Lee took a teaming mass of barefoot, illiterate, inbred, barely human men and turned them into a teaming massed formation of booted, illiterate, inbred, barely human soldiers.

Lee considered fighting with Rhesus Monkeys but found them too intelligent, he knew they would not charge the center at Gettysburg.

So he stuck with southern white men.

Lincoln and Grant countered Lee by using Irish immigrants, British reports had it that they where known to be even less intelligent than red neck hicks or Rhesus Monkeys.

The North and upped Lee's ante in slaughter poker.

The rest is history.

New Topics

Forum List

Back