Afghanistan and the part Obumbler won't talk about

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
In Afghanistan Drawdown, U.S. Forced To Take Costly Option In Transporting Military Gear Out -- Washington Post

germany-nsa-surveillance-leak-.si.jpg

As it intensifies its withdrawal from Afghanistan, the U.S. military is being forced to fly massive amounts of gear and equipment out of the country instead of using cheaper overland and sea routes, according to Pentagon officials.

Military logisticians would like to send home 60 percent of their equipment and vehicles by trucking them into Pakistan and then loading them onto ships — the least expensive method by far. But cargo is flowing out on that route at only one-third the planned rate, the officials said.

Officials declined to elaborate on the reasons for their heavy reliance on the more expensive methods of transport. They said, however, that Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter and other Pentagon officials are scheduled to arrive Friday in Kabul to meet with senior Afghan officials on the issue.

Carter will also meet with U.S. troops before touring other countries in the region.
Read more ....In Afghanistan drawdown, U.S. forced to take costly option in transporting military gear out - The Washington Post

In Afghanistan Drawdown, U.S. Forced To Take Costly Option In Transporting Military Gear Out -- Washington Post

As it intensifies its withdrawal from Afghanistan, the U.S. military is being forced to fly massive amounts of gear and equipment out of the country instead of using cheaper overland and sea routes, according to Pentagon officials.

Military logisticians would like to send home 60 percent of their equipment and vehicles by trucking them into Pakistan and then loading them onto ships — the least expensive method by far. But cargo is flowing out on that route at only one-third the planned rate, the officials said.

Officials declined to elaborate on the reasons for their heavy reliance on the more expensive methods of transport. They said, however, that Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter and other Pentagon officials are scheduled to arrive Friday in Kabul to meet with senior Afghan officials on the issue.

Carter will also meet with U.S. troops before touring other countries in the region.
Read more ....In Afghanistan drawdown, U.S. forced to take costly option in transporting military gear out - The Washington Post

Could it be that Pakistan is still pissed about Bin Laden?

I know you folks think that was a mistake..but personally?

I am glad the bastard is dead.

Could it be that Pakistan is still pissed about Bin Laden?

I know you folks think that was a mistake..but personally?

I am glad the bastard is dead.

So am I.
The raid was not a mistake...the moron blew up NYC.

Pakistan is a joke...
...and sure looks to be still angry about bin Laden, which says it all basically.

Longknife, I agrre with you. Why try to save a few dollars initially by "driving" across some of the most terrible places in the world that hate us when obviously flying is safer.

Now the bean counters who have no military security information probably want us to hire Cubans to drive the stuff out of the country but we I just have images of Black Hawk Down.

Eat the dollars and do it right, I know you wouldn't want to put my son at risk in a hundred caravans waiting for an IED and ambush at every turn. Talk some sense into them folks for me.

Forum List

Back