Afgan withdrawal.

Colin norris

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2021
Let's go back a bit and get some facts straight. Leave the emotion and partisanship to one side.
The original reasonsgiven to go there was to support democracy and stop terrorist threats. Both worthy cause. It failed.
In 2014 NATO pulled out because they also saw the stupidity of it but not america. They intended to bully the Taliban. That failed.
Consequently the Taliban gained ground, as expected. Another failure to stop them.

Under trump in 2020 the withdrawal was discussed with Afghanis etc.
Why would the result be any different between then and now?
Trump discontinued that and chose to keep bullying the Taliban. That failed.

Now you are all bellowing about how joe wanting the troops home after 20 years of nothing, as if his decision has caused a defeat. Grow up.

89 billion was spent on training the Afghan army and they never fired a shot. They scampered into the Taliban camps and hid in the hills etc. That's appears to keep with the trend of another failure.

There is No doubt America misunderstood the mindset of Afghanistan people. They will never conede to any international bully. They cleverly tricked us into training and encouraged us to so tenderly gift them weapons with which to fight again.
That worked well.

Only a fool would attempt to justify remaining there. the recovery of troops and civilians is underway contrary to what all you Biden haters are saying. You are liars.

On npr.com is conversations with people who were there and overwhelmingly support the pull out.
In fact, only 37% favoured going there in the first place. 80% approved of Obama pulling out in 2014. That failed also.
For what it's worth 52% strongly approved.
They're disappointed also.

You can rant and throw shit on Biden all you like. He's he only one with the courage to pull out but you rabid republicans call him weak and it was a disaster. Rubbish.
Like Liz Cheney calling trump the idiot he was, the country needs more people with guts. Not wimps like you idiots who only want to score political points as if will win the election.

Ask yourselves this.
What would you have done after 20 years 2 trillion wasted for nothing?
How many more troops to be killed is enough?
Is America the ruler of the world after being defeated by a rat tag mob of hill billies?
And, honestly, when our troops etc are out of there, which they will be, do you really care about those ratbags and their hideous religion? Of course you don't.
You didn't while we were killing them.

Let all that soak in. We were defeated and there's no way of hiding it.

One of the agendas I thought of after the debacle in Afghanistan was that it was planned that way. For some globalist reason. Lara Logan made that statement last night. We live in such a dystopian world with a paranoia towards everything because of constant lies that this is feasible. We became the world's policeman after WW 2. Winning Wars is one thing. Having bases with endless amount of time spent in potentially violent lands has consequences.

Colin norris hhahahah
1. no ---not a worthy cause--but what needed to be done.....terrorists/leaders/etc that murdered more Americans than at Pearl Harbor were based there...
2. again, you people do not know anything about wars/military/history/politics --it is not a failure
3. NPR is anti-white and anti-Republican!! AGAIN, you prove to know nothing about the US and nothing about everything else
NPR = HHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
1. it was the right thing to do to go in there
2. if any POTUS is at fault, it's Obama---should've pulled out under his admin

One of the agendas I thought of after the debacle in Afghanistan was that it was planned that way. For some globalist reason. Lara Logan made that statement last night. We live in such a dystopian world with a paranoia towards everything because of constant lies that this is feasible. We became the world's policeman after WW 2. Winning Wars is one thing. Having bases with endless amount of time spent in potentially violent lands has consequences.

Some bases are alright... The main in Germany is for training and coordination with allies.. US could use other NATO bases but they prefer there own...

1. it was the right thing to do to go in there
2. if any POTUS is at fault, it's Obama---should've pulled out under his admin

Why Obama and not Bush or Trump?

Bush was the one that changed the mission from getting AQ to nation building...

Obama got it with 60k deployed and gave it back with 10k deployed... Not earth shattering but vast deal better than Bush Jr..

By the way there are some Generals that need to answer some questions... How crap of a job did these guys do when the capitulated in 11 days...

Probably doesn't help that the leader of AFG bolted at the sign of trouble..

Xiden's in office 7-months. Trump left office responsibly. Xiden managed the catastrophe in AFG, whatever happens is on Xiden, not Trump. Even democrats are calling Xiden a disaster.
I think all death are on tramp, he made the deal with the devil. (like he always does)

We were defeated and there's no way of hiding it.
Being defeated and realizing the type of victory we sought is unattainable are not exactly the same thing. We have the most powerful fighting force the world has ever seen. You can't force a culture to change in the way we attempted though.

I think all death are on tramp, he made the deal with the devil. (like he always does)
Trump on a TV interview stated that we have been lied to. I know you have your views on him. But this was on the price of us being in Afghanistan. He stated we are paying 42 billion dollars a year to be there including everything. While others numbers were fudged. Afghanistan is on the other side of the world. And it is landlocked. And our nation blows money. Except to the peasants not privileged here.

I guess I am one of the few on this forum who think we should have kept the troops in afghanistan

it was a mistake to have stayed 20 years

but whats done is done

now we should be thinking about the consequences of leaving

and thanks to yet another incompetent baby boomer president we made the worst possible choice again

2,500 Americans and not one killed during the past year combined with the strategic position of afghanistan tells me we should have stayed

but its too late now

Trump on a TV interview stated that we have been lied to. I know you have your views on him. But this was on the price of us being in Afghanistan. He stated we are paying 42 billion dollars a year to be there including everything. While others numbers were fudged. Afghanistan is on the other side of the world. And it is landlocked. And our nation blows money. Except to the peasants not privileged here.
Why didn't he make a deal with the Pres. of Afghanistan??
Why the taliban?

Forum List

Back