Afgan War Strategy Poll

What Afgan Military Strategy do you support?

• More Troops to keep the peace and nation build

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Before Trump gives his talk tonight and all the Partisans rush to either defend Trump or criticize Trump, how about we state our positions prior to hearing his plan. Here is a simple poll to express if you support more troops, less troops, or no change to our Afgan policy. If you want to elaborate more on your position then feel free to leave a comment...

It would be nice to think that the clever people had already worked out a strategy.
Afghanistan used to be a progressive and cultured place. But now its a victim of the "great game".

I would suggest that troops are probably needed along with education and investment. But its going to take a long while.

The alternative is to let the place revert to the dark ages.

I dont think that the US should front this. It should be multi national.

Cricket is the way to their hearts.

There is no winning in Afghanistan, we need to get out now and cut our losses. Trump has fallen for the sunk cost trap.

Before Trump gives his talk tonight and all the Partisans rush to either defend Trump or criticize Trump, how about we state our positions prior to hearing his plan.
I haven't yet read or heard his address. I have to wonder why hearing his plan would affect anyone's normative views on the matter. Perhaps, however, this speech will be different and actually lay out a sound "business case" as one would expect of a business executive -- I don't expect it will, but one can hope -- in which case perhaps hearing what he as to say may merit one's giving it due consideration regardless of one's own views on the matter.

Before Trump gives his talk tonight and all the Partisans rush to either defend Trump or criticize Trump, how about we state our positions prior to hearing his plan.
I haven't yet read or heard his address. I have to wonder why hearing his plan would affect anyone's normative views on the matter. Perhaps, however, this speech will be different and actually lay out a sound "business case" as one would expect of a business executive -- I don't expect it will, but one can hope -- in which case perhaps hearing what he as to say may merit one's giving it due consideration regardless of one's own views on the matter.
I've encountered many that would rather defend Trump than think independently. We didn't get a large sample from this poll but everybody voted for less troops. Wonder how we're feeling about his call to take aggressive action. Tough to tell from his address as he gave no details. He calls it military strategy but I think it is also a lot of covering his ass.

You left out the option I would have voted for Slade: more technology to stabilize Afghanistan. We don't need troops on the ground risking their life to achieve our objectives. This war can easily be won with Reaper Drones and other technology.

Train Afghan security forces around the clock, deploy special forces when absolutely necessary, deploy security contractors where it makes sense, and do all of the rest with our superior technology.

You left out the option I would have voted for Slade: more technology to stabilize Afghanistan. We don't need troops on the ground risking their life to achieve our objectives. This war can easily be won with Reaper Drones and other technology.

Train Afghan security forces around the clock, deploy special forces when absolutely necessary, deploy security contractors where it makes sense, and do all of the rest with our superior technology.
Good answer. What would you do with troop presence? Pull them and let the special forces robots do it on a need be basis?

I've encountered many that would rather defend Trump than think independently. We didn't get a large sample from this poll but everybody voted for less troops. Wonder how we're feeling about his call to take aggressive action. Tough to tell from his address as he gave no details. He calls it military strategy but I think it is also a lot of covering his ass.
Tough to tell from his address as he gave no details.

As usual, he expects the citizenry to accede to his "better judgment"....LOL Yeah, right....I'm sorry, but he's for years averred that the U.S. should get out of A-stan. Now he wants to step up our intervention there. Did Trump address why he as all those years wrong and identify nature and extent of the "hard data" that militate for his sea-change of opinion?

As usual, he expects the citizenry to accede to his "better judgment"....LOL Yeah, right....I'm sorry, but he's for years averred that the U.S. should get out of A-stan. Now he wants to step up our intervention there. Did Trump address why he as all those years wrong and identify nature and extent of the "hard data" that militate for his sea-change of opinion?
He actually did... he said that things look different from behind the desk in the Oval Office. That's where he sits now. And from his new desk he studied all convievable angles about this situation to make his decision. And now he has made it. But he isn't going to tell us anything about it except it is tough on terror, supportive of the military (he basically just gave the generals a green light to do whatever the hell they wanted), and of course it's the best plan ever so just trust him. Anybody who doesn't is a BIG LOSER

He actually did... he said that things look different from behind the desk in the Oval Office. That's where he sits now. And from his new desk he studied all convievable angles about this situation to make his decision. And now he has made it. But he isn't going to tell us anything about it except it is tough on terror, supportive of the military (he basically just gave the generals a green light to do whatever the hell they wanted), and of course it's the best plan ever so just trust him. Anybody who doesn't is a BIG LOSER

Did Trump address why he as all those years wrong and identify nature and extent of the "hard data" that militate for his sea-change of opinion?
He actually did...
I suppose I'll have to read it and see how it is that "he did" while also, as you remarked earlier, giving no details.

When pontificating and sharing your analysis, providing citations that point readers to your underlying research will help convince them that you have thought seriously about the matter under discussion.
-- Thomas G. Krattenmaker
The two behaviors strike me as mutually exclusive.

Trumps plan was basically "Stay the course, but don't tell people what we're doing."

Sorry, but there's the no victory there. No reason to stay. It's time to leave.

the generals I heard tonight after he spewed his tripe said his big plan is just like Obamas plan..

gee, imagine that.

and he brought Pence home from his trip to say that? ... another diversion.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Before Trump gives his talk tonight and all the Partisans rush to either defend Trump or criticize Trump, how about we state our positions prior to hearing his plan. Here is a simple poll to express if you support more troops, less troops, or no change to our Afgan policy. If you want to elaborate more on your position then feel free to leave a comment...
We've been at war for 16 years and no one seems to have a problem with that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back