Affirmative Action Needs to Be Banned (all 50 states)

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Currently, Affirmative Action is banned in only 8 states in the US. These are Oklahoma, New Hampshire, Arizona, Washington, Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, and California. This is preposterous. 42 states still allow this blatant, illegal, racial discrimination to occur. And in the states that DO have bans, some are only partial, covering some AA, but not others.

For example, in Florida, the AA "ban" set up by ex. Governor Jeb Bush in 1999, and still in force, only bans AA in college admissions and state contracting. So White kids wanting to get into college, and businesses seeking state contracts are protected. Nice for them. But not a word in the law about racial and gender AA in job hiring and job promotions. As for whether Florida's AA law covers financial aid, your guess is as good as mine, and that's not too good a guess.

In addition to a nationwide ban on this national disgrace (and ALL aspects of it), I suggest reparations be paid to the victims of this discrimination, who truly have lost large sums of money due to it over the past 50 years, and continue to incur damages$$$$ even in retirement.

I'm quite sure Obama would not be in favor of this, but the Congress should pass a bill and send it to his desk, and force him to veto it, thereby showing the nation, and the world, his identity as a racial discriminator, as well as all those in the Congress who would vote against it.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-already-have/

http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content...rder99-281.pdf

Why should AA go away?

If considering race to not hire someone is wrong, considering race to hire them is also wrong.

Thats just stupid because you ignore the fact that some groups were denied employment just for being who they are. Since going "hey everybody be fair mmkay?" didnt work something had to be done.

what do you propose to help people who are discriminated against?

Why should AA go away?

If considering race to not hire someone is wrong, considering race to hire them is also wrong.

Thats just stupid because you ignore the fact that some groups were denied employment just for being who they are. Since going "hey everybody be fair mmkay?" didnt work something had to be done.

Not hiring the best person for the job is a travesty. No matter what color they may be.

Why should AA go away?
You're so-called "peaceful revolution" could have been attained by supplying AA for those who NEED it (based on economic class), without being racist, based on race, and sexist, based on gender. Them within, that context, the jobs could be given based on qualifications.

It should go away, because it is a disgrace to America, that has maliciously, racistly discriminated against (by far) more people than anything else, for 50 years, and reparations should be now paid to compensate the victims of it.

Why should AA go away?
You're so-called "peaceful revolution" could have been attained by supplying AA for those who NEED it (based on economic class), without being racist, based on race, and sexist, based on gender. Them within, that context, the jobs could be given based on qualifications.

It should go away, because it is a disgrace to America, that has maliciously, racistly discriminated against (by far) more people than anything else, for 50 years, and reparations should be now paid to compensate the victims of it.

AA is supplied to those that need it. The problem seems to be that you have determined that millions of beneficaries of that policy didnt really "need it"...Whatever that means.

And the entire reason you think it should go away is because....you think so. You have anything else or thats the gist?

Currently, Affirmative Action is banned in only 8 states in the US. These are Oklahoma, New Hampshire, Arizona, Washington, Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, and California. This is preposterous. 42 states still allow this blatant, illegal, racial discrimination to occur. And in the states that DO have bans, some are only partial, covering some AA, but not others.

For example, in Florida, the AA "ban" set up by ex. Governor Jeb Bush in 1999, and still in force, only bans AA in college admissions and state contracting. So White kids wanting to get into college, and businesses seeking state contracts are protected. Nice for them. But not a word in the law about racial and gender AA in job hiring and job promotions. As for whether Florida's AA law covers financial aid, your guess is as good as mine, and that's not too good a guess.

In addition to a nationwide ban on this national disgrace (and ALL aspects of it), I suggest reparations be paid to the victims of this discrimination, who truly have lost large sums of money due to it over the past 50 years, and continue to incur damages$$$$ even in retirement.

I'm quite sure Obama would not be in favor of this, but the Congress should pass a bill and send it to his desk, and force him to veto it, thereby showing the nation, and the world, his identity as a racial discriminator, as well as all those in the Congress who would vote against it.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-already-have/

http://www.dms.myflorida.com/content...rder99-281.pdf

So you are against State's rights?

Why should AA go away?

So it's OK to use race to make up for what happened in the past? That's stupid.

Do something about those that did the discriminating.

Why should AA go away?

AA is supplied to those that need it. The problem seems to be that you have determined that millions of beneficaries of that policy didnt really "need it"...Whatever that means.

And the entire reason you think it should go away is because....you think so. You have anything else or thats the gist?

The entire reason I say it should go away is because it uses a factor to benefit that would be considered wrong is used to deny.

Seems you've determined that millions of beneficiaries needed it, whatever that means.

Why should AA go away?

No, you're right, when someone is wronged the best way to deal with it is to ignore it. And ignore it because someone says you should and no other reason than that.

What should be done to those that discriminate? I will love to hear this one. Jail? Fines?

Why should AA go away?

The entire reason I say it should go away is because it uses a factor to benefit that would be considered wrong is used to deny.

Seems you've determined that millions of beneficiaries needed it, whatever that means.

I dont know but either you dont know that discrimation has actually happened or you dont care that it did happen. Thats the only way you can have an idea that righting wrongs is petty.

I didnt say they needed it but YOU DID SAY it should be for only those that "need it". You shouldnt say things if you cant explain what they mean

Why should AA go away?

It was institutionalized. They did do something.

Why should AA go away?

Ever noticed how the supporters of AA says it's OK to use race if it benefits certain groups but using the same factor to deny is wrong?

Why should AA go away?

I dont know but either you dont know that discrimation has actually happened or you dont care that it did happen. Thats the only way you can have an idea that righting wrongs is petty.

I didnt say they needed it but YOU DID SAY it should be for only those that "need it". You shouldnt say things if you cant explain what they mean

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Why should AA go away?

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

"Its intolerant to be intolerant or intolerance"

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

A weak one at that since AA isnt only for Blacks.

Why should AA go away?

It was institutionalized. They did do something.

I didn't say they didn't do something. I said hold them responsible for it. I didn't do it but if I'm affected because AA creates a situation where someone less qualified than me is hired because of race, I'm being affected for something I did't create.

Affirmative action has been a major success in this country that all Americans have benefitted from

Forum List

Back