Admit 1 Good Thing About a Movie You Hate

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Star trek 2009: Karl Urban did a pretty decent Dr. McCoy, given the garbage screenplay he had to deal with.

The Haunting '99 remake: the production design of that house was gorgeous and detailed to look at. It's one of the best-looking Razzie-bait-bad movies I've seen.

Star Wars prequels: they had Christopher Lee, who was incapable of giving a bad acting performance, even under Lucas. He was an acting oasis in a trilogy of the worst-acted big-budget movies I've ever seen in my life.

Multiple M. Night Shyamalan movies: the James Newton-Howard intense music is a hundredfold better and more poignant than most Shyamalan movies deserve.

The Concorde: Airport 1979: for the HILARIOUS scene in which George Kennedy opens the Concorde cockpit window (at cruising altitude, mach 2) and shoots a heat-seeking missile out of the sky with a flare gun (!!!). Really. I can't even make up shit like this. Which makes it so bad it's good! At its best/worst, that scene is as funny as anything in Airplane! which was deliberately trying to be funny!

Titanic - Kate Winslet got naked. Only good thing about that movie. :p

I'll drink to that. James Cameron took a fascinating real-life story (filled with many real-life stories among its passengers) and turned it into a sappy, teeny-bopper, insipid romance. I thought there were so many more interesting plots that could have been made from Titanic - based on real life stories - the whole DiCraprio/Wnslet romance thing was as generic and tired as a Hollywood story can possibly get.

Star Wars VII. The only good thing about that stinker was....umm....some of the special effects.
I do not remember any of the titles but I am sure my wife picked them to torture me. They did keep her quiet for a while and she was not picking on me. I have better shit to do than watch movies since she is gone though.

Star Wars VII. The only good thing about that stinker was....umm....some of the special effects.

It's probably the most forgettable Star Wars movie I've ever seen (even though it's better-acted than the prequel embarrassments). It was only a couple of years ago and I remember only a few occasional scenes from it. I did like Daisy Ridley's character and performance, but that's about it. The rest of the movie was generic action filler. It didn't leave any real impression of the SW universe or characters.

It's probably the most forgettable Star Wars movie I've ever seen (even though it's better-acted than the prequel embarrassments). It was only a couple of years ago and I remember only a few occasional scenes from it. I did like Daisy Ridley's character and performance, but that's about it. The rest of the movie was generic action filler. It didn't leave any real impression of the SW universe or characters.

Not to mention that it was a complete copy of Star Wars IV.

Predator 2 - The predator killed lots of them.

The notorious Star Trek V, Kirk's "I need my pain" speech is the one shining gold nugget in this particular pile of hay or manure or whatever it was.

Ghost Ship was a very trashy B-movie, but this opening "barbed wire massacre" (for lack of a better term), actually makes it tolerable to sit though his two hour stupidly clumsy movie.

Spanglish was boring, but I will admit that I laughed near the end when the Spanish lady is shown sitting in front of the TV trying to learn how to speak English and Cloris Leachman is in the chair next to her with a drink in her hand learning how to speak English too. :D :D :D

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back