Admin, Mods, Members: Missing Posts in ‘Your content’.

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
ok, so I went to find a post from earlier today under ‘your content’.

I am missing tons of posts. Months worth.

Anyone else?

Haven't looked (yet) but I know there was a server transfer earlier today. It could be that's going to be moved later?

Anyone else?

Remember though, you usually post upside down. So you may have to stand on your head to see them.

Some posts are there. Wondering if it’s an indexing issue that might not have completed. I hope it is as simple as that.
Haven't looked (yet) but I know there was a server transfer earlier today. It could be that's going to be moved later?

Anyone else?

why would you go looking for your own posts? jus' sayin'

is that like the modern day forum version of 'selfies?'

Uhhh, to find a thread one posted in previously...
It’s called using a short cut, dear.

Anyone else?

why would you go looking for your own posts? jus' sayin'

is that like the modern day forum version of 'selfies?'

That has happened before when the server was worked on. Or Search. It should clear up.

upload_2019-1-30_0-18-10.jpeg

I wonder if I've disappeared off some posters profiles so I can talk bad about them and poke fun at their posts without them knowing.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Anyone else?
Yes, almost all of them. I spent all of ten seconds trying to figure out if there was any method to the madness of what survived. Don't think so. I've been here over three years and I talk a lot. I've got 6 pages of content left.

I repeat myself every day anyway, so I don't even care. lol.
I don't either, except on extremely rare occasions when someone challenges me about a post in the past. Usually it's an asshole, though, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I have only 11 pages, but it does go back to when I began here, which had been missing previously, but I don’t care about now. In total, out of over 29,000 posts I can access only 329, and 19 from 2019, and only 19 from all of 2018.

Anyone else?
Yes, almost all of them. I spent all of ten seconds trying to figure out if there was any method to the madness of what survived. Don't think so. I've been here over three years and I talk a lot. I've got 6 pages of content left.

Yes, I have only 11 pages, but it does go back to when I began here, which had been missing previously, but I don’t care about now. In total, out of over 29,000 posts I can access only 329, and 19 from 2019, and only 19 from all of 2018.

Anyone else?
As long as I have today's and yesterday's, I'm pretty much okay. It's how I backtrack to the threads I've already been in.

Time after time topics will come up again where I have previously posted info with links. It is much easier to just find my earlier post than to have to research it again.

Anyone else?
As long as I have today's and yesterday's, I'm pretty much okay. It's how I backtrack to the threads I've already been in.

Time after time topics will come up again where I have previously posted info with links. It is much easier to just find my earlier post than to have to research it again.

Anyone else?

I'm going to recommend, again, because it generally works for me, it's usually faster and more efficient to open another tab and Google "usmessageboard.com" along with your own name and a keyword to what topic you're looking for. That works way better than the site search anyway, and you won't have to pore through all the upside-down posts you made since 1837 looking for that one flash of inspiration that day when the planets all lined up.

I don't either, except on extremely rare occasions when someone challenges me about a post in the past. Usually it's an asshole, though, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

The nice thing about some wag challenging you about a past post is that THEY have to quote it, so the research is on them.

"Paste the purported past post or piss off, palooka".

The nice thing about some wag challenging you about a past post is that THEY have to quote it, so the research is on them.

"Paste the purported past post or piss off, palooka".
Gracias, Profesor.

Anyone else?
Maybe you're on a phone, but I keep a document in Word and I will copy either the link or the quote for something I know I'm going to use more than once. I try not to chew my cabbage twice very often, but considering how many duplicate threads there are around here sometimes, it's not a bad idea.

Yeah, so I'm just checking in to say my old posts have not been recovered, but my new posts seem to be recorded for posterity.

Forum List

Back