Admin, Mods: Keep Getting Logged Out Again, 502 Error, Pages Loading Slow

For about a week I had to sign in everytime I shut down my computer.
When I'd go to like or laugh at comment I'd get "are you sure you want to do this" or something to that effect.

The day my computer starts questioning my actions is the day I take it out to the deck and frisbee it into the dogs' pool.
How come you are so violent?

I bet it's something secret and terrible hidden in my childhood.
Yeah, I had a big brother, too. :laughing0301:

Yes, if I have it open, yet not browsing for a couple of minutes. Or if I click another tab I have open and come back within 5-10 seconds. I’ll do that to copy and paste a paragraph from something, then go back to copy and paste the link in the reply box as well. I have to sign back in again and pray I remembered to save my draft because if not, everything is gone.

Ya know what? If all that is happening every day -- all the time -- It almost sounds like malware to me.. Do you have something to remove all the spy stuff and ad info collecting that you run regularly? Having an iPad doesn't make you immune to all the folks that are following you everywhere..

When you're jumping a lot of tabs, you're triggering all these slimy spyware creeps.. OR -- you're Wifi is getting interference or drop-outs.. Can you jump tabs between Videos not on USMB and avoid the 502 errors?

Yes, if I have it open, yet not browsing for a couple of minutes. Or if I click another tab I have open and come back within 5-10 seconds. I’ll do that to copy and paste a paragraph from something, then go back to copy and paste the link in the reply box as well. I have to sign back in again and pray I remembered to save my draft because if not, everything is gone.

Ya know what? If all that is happening every day -- all the time -- It almost sounds like malware to me.. Do you have something to remove all the spy stuff and ad info collecting that you run regularly? Having an iPad doesn't make you immune to all the folks that are following you everywhere..

When you're jumping a lot of tabs, you're triggering all these slimy spyware creeps.. OR -- you're Wifi is getting interference or drop-outs.. Can you jump tabs between Videos not on USMB and avoid the 502 errors?
Only place I have had any 502’s was here. Those have quit. Just the logging out continues. I am also periodically getting this when it shows I need to log in here-
5686E77D-D477-4CDF-9D56-9C35B1006745.png

not every time, but every few times I will be told I am already logged in-
89B8C8FE-711A-440E-87B2-AF987380F3B3.png

Only place I have had any 502’s was here. Those have quit. Just the logging out continues. I am also periodically getting this when it shows I need to log in here-
View attachment 363492
View attachment 363491

There's a new box at log-in that says "Stay logged In?".. Are you checking that on???

Also it is possible that you were changing pages in a tab BEFORE you actually logged in??

There IS the fact that log-in TAKES longer under the New XenForo release for some reason.. That and the BROWSERS can be slow to retrieve you username/password.

So try this.. Dont open any USMB tabs until you successfully log-in..
When you're DOING this -- count off about 4 seconds between the time the log-in page comes UP and when you hit log-in... Make SURE you're username and password are BOTH there before hitting the button..

The thing about What's New page is unique to that page.. The time-outs are there because the developers ASSUMED you wanted the LATEST on What's New -- not just a snapshot in time. So, the "refresh" is a feature forced on you for using that page..

There are other ways to "keep up".. There's New Topics, New Posts, Active Topics windows scattered ALL around the pages.. Instead of looking the flow of posts,, those OTHER indexes are more informative. Besides, that page is NOT TOTALLY accurate.. It SAMPLES post activity and can miss a lot in any ONE snapshot in time that you take...

Personally, looking at USMB at a THREAD level is far more informative as to what's happening than looking at it from a POST level...

View attachment 363492
View attachment 363491

There's a new box at log-in that says "Stay logged In?".. Are you checking that on???

Also it is possible that you were changing pages in a tab BEFORE you actually logged in??

There IS the fact that log-in TAKES longer under the New XenForo release for some reason.. That and the BROWSERS can be slow to retrieve you username/password.

So try this.. Dont open any USMB tabs until you successfully log-in..
When you're DOING this -- count off about 4 seconds between the time the log-in page comes UP and when you hit log-in... Make SURE you're username and password are BOTH there before hitting the button..

The thing about What's New page is unique to that page.. The time-outs are there because the developers ASSUMED you wanted the LATEST on What's New -- not just a snapshot in time. So, the "refresh" is a feature forced on you for using that page..

There are other ways to "keep up".. There's New Topics, New Posts, Active Topics windows scattered ALL around the pages.. Instead of looking the flow of posts,, those OTHER indexes are more informative. Besides, that page is NOT TOTALLY accurate.. It SAMPLES post activity and can miss a lot in any ONE snapshot in time that you take...

Personally, looking at USMB at a THREAD level is far more informative as to what's happening than looking at it from a POST level...
Thanks, flacaltenn. It started just in the last week or two. No. I always wait. It pops up when I hit enter. And yes, I tried refreshing before signing in a few times and it still showed I needed to sign in.
Ok, I just realized this time it held my sign in since last night for the first time in all this time. Let’s see if it holds.
I have been here since before 2012. One of the upgrades in 2012 lost my content. I had to re-register. I’ve been through a few upgrades here.
Thanks for your help.

Forum List

Back