What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

hobelim

Gold Member
Reaction score
Jesus is coming back...and next time he won't be so nice.
"Behold, I am going to send for many fishermen," declares the Lord , "and they will fish for them; and afterwards I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them from every mountain and every hill and from every crevice in the rocks. For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hidden from my face, neither is their iniquity hidden from mine eyes." Jeremiah 16:16,17

Calypso Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm reading Jeremiah right now. Pretty scary.

hobelim

Gold Member
Reaction score

Much of the prophecy is in metaphors. The sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine, the inspiration for the words of the last supper...Jeremiah 25:15,

The sword, piles of unburied corpses etc. sound horrific enough but the reality is far worse.

surada

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Book of Jeremiah combines history, biography, and prophecy. It portrays a nation in crisis and introduces the reader to an extraordinary person whom the Lord called to prophesy under the trying circumstances of the final days of the kingdom of Judah.

Excerpt:
Jeremiah warns that Yahweh will bring disaster on Judah because the people rebelled against Yahweh by worshipping other gods, by pursuing policies hostile to Babylon, whose dominion Yahweh had ordained, and by allowing widespread social injustice (Jer 22:8-9).

Jeremiah’s condemnatory prophecies and his pro-Babylonian stance earn him many enemies. Some ridicule him and others even plot against his life (in his own hometown of Anathoth, no less; Jer 11:18-23). Jeremiah is beaten and imprisoned and his writings are destroyed (Jer 20:1-6, Jer 36:20-26, Jer 37:11-16).

He narrowly escapes death at the hands of a mob of religious officials and other prophets (Jer 26). Jeremiah’s perilous career places him in the company of several other biblical prophets (Jer 26:20-23), and his willingness to prophesy despite antagonism is poignantly highlighted in several passages, sometimes called the Confessions of Jeremiah, in which he laments his persecution, often in the style of the Psalms.

A public showdown between Jeremiah and Hananiah, a rival prophet, dramatizes the battle over true prophecy (Jer 27-28). Using a wooden yoke around his neck as a prop, Jeremiah tells his audience at the Jerusalem temple that Judah must submit to Babylon to survive. But Hananiah, who seizes Jeremiah’s yoke and smashes it, counters that Yahweh has broken the “yoke” (that is, the “power”) of Babylon and will restore Judah’s fortunes in two years. The confrontation with Hananiah is just one example of Jeremiah’s dramatic use of props, symbolic acts, public performances, and other forms of “guerilla theater” to convey the divine word (see, e.g. Jer 19).

surada

Platinum Member
Reaction score

What did the prophet Jeremiah tell King Zedekiah?

Jeremiah's Prophecies. The prophet Jeremiah continually warned King Zedekiah about the foolishness of rebelling against Babylon. The prophet Jeremiah also told Zedekiah that the Lord had destined Judah for captivity. The Lord would've spared Judah if the king and the people would obey His voice, repent of their sins, and seek the Lord.

snip

No Jerusalem would not hear, Judah's kings would not repent, Judah's religious rulers would not forsake their wicked ways, Judah's people who were all descendents of Abraham and they refused to trust the Lord. Finally the day of judgment had arrived, Gods cup was full and brought up to their guilty mouths and they were made to drink of the bitterness of the wrath of God.

All the craftiness and the ingenuity of Jerusalem's attempts to avert disaster, the feeling of being impregnable, nothing could turn back God's hand, it was too late for prayer. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon was raised up to be a mighty instrument of God's judgment and not even the mighty kingdom of Egypt could stop them.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List