Actual gun defense..robber has gun pointed at victims...and loses to armed good guy...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Brain...this goes to all I have said recently about self defense situations.....this pharmacist has his gun in his pocket, the robber has his gun out and pointed at the victims...the robber has to react to the pharmacist and loses because of this......the actual video of the event is at the bottom of the article....more than 2 shots are fired....

Video Shows West Virginia Pharmacist Shooting Armed Robber The Daily Caller

Police in West Virginia have released dramatic video surveillance which shows a pharmacist defending himself and a store full of workers and customers against a masked armed robber.

Terry Gillenwater, 25, entered Good Family Pharmacy in Pinch, W. Va. Wednesday morning wearing a bandana and carrying a gun.

Don Radcliff, one of the pharmacists on staff, had just joked about how Gillenwater must have been there to rob the store when the suspect attempted to do just that.

Surveillance video released by the Kanahwa County sheriff’s department shows Gillenwater reaching into his jacket and pulling out a gun. Radcliff did not hesitate to do the same.

The video is very interesting.....you should watch it and see how real self defense with guns actually happen....as opposed to what you read from anti gunner extremist journalists and researchers......

Thanks for posting that, but you are wasting your time trying to convince a Progressive gun grabber. Truth and reason are not things they care about.

Thanks Predfan....I debate anti gun extremists because it makes me better at defending the 2nd Amendment and it helps me find resources....it also exposes casual posters who may not pay much attention to the issue to our side of the debate...too often the only information they get about our Right to bear arms comes from anti gun television shows, movies and news stories from anti gun journalists......

Keep up the fight....and remember....."not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment...."

Thanks for posting that, but you are wasting your time trying to convince a Progressive gun grabber. Truth and reason are not things they care about.

Thanks Predfan....I debate anti gun extremists because it makes me better at defending the 2nd Amendment and it helps me find resources....it also exposes casual posters who may not pay much attention to the issue to our side of the debate...too often the only information they get about our Right to bear arms comes from anti gun television shows, movies and news stories from anti gun journalists......

Keep up the fight....and remember....."not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment...."

Btw, this next weekend I'm going to the gun show in Kissimmee. Going to come home with a brand new AR-15! Can't wait!

Btw, this next weekend I'm going to the gun show in Kissimmee. Going to come home with a brand new AR-15! Can't wait!

Enjoy......

Enjoy......

Going to get the one that shoots a 556 too!

Did the punk even fire his weapon?
Didnt look like he was prepared to use it,to bad for him.

That is the point I have made to brain....the criminal, even with his gun pointed at the victim, is now in the reaction mode....and he has to think before he pulls the trigger and he is doing the thinking under the time pressure of reacting to the victim firing his weapon......he has to see the threat, while he is suffering from tunnel vision due to an adrenaline dump, he has to analyze the threat, he has to decide on wether he wants to cross the line from robbery to murder, or if he should escape instead, and then implement the decision.......the victim sees the threat and decides to shoot...all in his head where it can't be seen and shoots......and we see the outcome...and not only in this shooting but in many others......

I've seen lots of robbery attempts and they're always surprised when the person being robbed fights back. It's like they have in their mind that once they show a gun, everyone is supposed to submit and do what they're told, that's the scenario they play over and over in their head. But people aren't like that. When faced with death, many people find a hidden courage and decide in an instant that they won't go without a fight.

That is the point I have made to brain....the criminal, even with his gun pointed at the victim, is now in the reaction mode....and he has to think before he pulls the trigger and he is doing the thinking under the time pressure of reacting to the victim firing his weapon......he has to see the threat, while he is suffering from tunnel vision due to an adrenaline dump, he has to analyze the threat, he has to decide on wether he wants to cross the line from robbery to murder, or if he should escape instead, and then implement the decision.......the victim sees the threat and decides to shoot...all in his head where it can't be seen and shoots......and we see the outcome...and not only in this shooting but in many others......

Old Westerns can be deceiving. The one that wins a gunfight is not the one that draws first, but the one with the most determination. You're right about it being two different mindsets. If I'm being robbed and I have a gun, the robber is just thinking about getting my money and running, I'm thinking about pulling my gun out and ending his existence on this planet. He's determined to rob, I'm determined to kill. That's why he hesitates and that's why I won't.

Old Westerns can be deceiving. The one that wins a gunfight is not the one that draws first, but the one with the most determination. You're right about it being two different mindsets. If I'm being robbed and I have a gun, the robber is just thinking about getting my money and running, I'm thinking about pulling my gun out and ending his existence on this planet. He's determined to rob, I'm determined to kill. That's why he hesitates and that's why I won't.

That is exactly what anti gun extremists fail to see......

The sheepdog did a great job of using the two sheep as a screen as he pulled his firearm so he could surprise the wolf. I am guessing that he either has some previous military training, or he has spent significant time practicing with his firearm.

Don't be fooled into thinking the good guy always wins:
defender killed Civilian Gun Defense Blog Page 3
There are a lot of dead people who thought that.

I'll take my chances with a gun rather than be an unarmed victim.

That is your option. But you are probably aware it might be the last thing you ever do.

"Might", sure. That is undeniable logic. It's highly unlikely however.

Lotta dead people probably thought that too.

Forum List

Back