Actual AP headline: “Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. law”

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Many day laborers like Diaz say they will leave Arizona because of the law, which also makes it a crime to be in the U.S. illegally and directs police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants…

An estimated 100,000 illegal immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years as it cracked down on illegal immigration and its economy was especially hard hit by the Great Recession. A Department of Homeland Security report on illegal immigrants estimates Arizona’s illegal immigrant population peaked in 2008 at 560,000, and a year later dipped to 460,000.

The law’s supporters hope the departure of illegal immigrants will help dismantle part of the underground economy here and create jobs for thousands of legal residents in a state with a 9.6 percent unemployment rate.

Hot Air Blog Archive Actual AP headline: “Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. law”

Hey Diaz - go to San Francisco! 460,000 unemployed non-citizens is just what California needs. They offer all kinds of free shit!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Maybe illegals flooding to surrounding states is what it will take to get other states to adopt the same law. Fl. needs this kind of law.

San Francisco will welcome the illegals from AZ as Mayor Newscom has always said they are very welcomed in HIS city! Has not Canada said the same thing???

I heard Rush say it yesterday, but what would be wrong with offering Illegals in AZ a one way bus ticket to San Francisco? It squares it all away quite nicely, everyone gets what they asked for

Maybe illegals flooding to surrounding states is what it will take to get other states to adopt the same law. Fl. needs this kind of law.

We're working on that right now here in Texas. So far two State Representatives are willing to take up the cause and start working on legislation. Governor Perry I think will sign a bill as long as the "reasonable cause" part of it is more clearly defined.

I wonder if the racists are aware of how much money hispanics bring into the economy in AZ and just how much money they make off of trade with Mexico. :eusa_whistle:

AZ has a massive annual budget deficit, Deary, one of the largest in the nation because 1 states worth of taxpayers cannot afford to pay for 1.5 states worth of people. That cheap lettuce ain't so cheap when it causes a hole equal to 20% of your annual budget

I wonder if the racists are aware of how much money hispanics bring into the economy in AZ and just how much money they make off of trade with Mexico. :eusa_whistle:

You cannot be that fucking stupid!

Arizonans fork out nearly $1.3 billion annually to pay for all of the costs incurred from illegal immigration; around $810 million for education, $400 million for health care related expenses, $80 million in incarceration costs, and the remainder in welfare benefits. All of this is required while Arizona runs a $500 million deficit annually.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Arizonans: Executive Summary

Harvard economist George Borjas has found in a study commissioned by the Maricopa County Attorney's Office that Arizona workers lose out on $1.4 billion per year due to businesses hiring illegal aliens. The study also finds that Arizona workers unemployment is increased by the presence of illegal aliens. The second finding should be no surprise really.

Harvard Economist: Illegal Aliens Cost Arizona $1.4 Billion A Year In Lost Wages : Diggers Realm

Now either show some numbers that reflect your wild assumptions or STFU!

Many day laborers like Diaz say they will leave Arizona because of the law, which also makes it a crime to be in the U.S. illegally and directs police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are illegal immigrants…

An estimated 100,000 illegal immigrants have left Arizona in the past two years as it cracked down on illegal immigration and its economy was especially hard hit by the Great Recession. A Department of Homeland Security report on illegal immigrants estimates Arizona’s illegal immigrant population peaked in 2008 at 560,000, and a year later dipped to 460,000.

The law’s supporters hope the departure of illegal immigrants will help dismantle part of the underground economy here and create jobs for thousands of legal residents in a state with a 9.6 percent unemployment rate.

Hot Air Blog Archive Actual AP headline: “Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. law”

Hey Diaz - go to San Francisco! 460,000 unemployed non-citizens is just what California needs. They offer all kinds of free shit!

So this new law will lower unemployment in Arizona while ridding the State of criminals... I wonder what California's new unemployment rate is going to be?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What the hell does wanting our borders protected have to do with racism?

Nevermind.

Nothing, and you know it. And that's exactly why you didn't answer my question the last time I asked you. I never thought of you as a dishonest poster.

Reasoned points hold much more weight than emotional farts. Debate follows the former and pissing contests follow the latter.

Last edited:
Si modo, the cries of racism falls on deaf ears, that term has been used so often that it has lost it's effectiveness. It's the only weapon that the liberals have since they can't argue the facts and as I've said, it's lost its effectiveness.

So this new law will lower unemployment in Arizona while ridding the State of criminals... I wonder what California's new unemployment rate is going to be?

And New Mexico's...

I have always wondered if the city of San Francisco was aware and yes even the city of Phoenx for that matter that even though the Federal Govt. does not enforce it the so called hiding or harboring of illegal aliens is a Federal crime as well. So as I understand this, the city of San Francisco wishes to boycott Arizona over a bill that wishes to enfoces the laws of the very country in which the city of San Francisco sits, ( I see). Well one of the things that I find frankly surprising in all this boycott talk, is that it actually harms the people they wish to support more so than the people they don't. As for San Francisco's investment in Arizona, I'm sure Arizona will be just fine without their investment in our economy an would remind San Francisco that Phoenix is a much larger city thatn theirs in all terms of population and revenue , so frankly sometimes these boycotts might result in the person shooting themselves in the foot rather than it's intended message.

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

The issue here is not race, but law breaking. (If you want to take up the race issue, take it up with congress who passed the original immigration laws. You would have a good case there)

Illegal immigration offenses aren't just the fact that they are here, but what they are doing while they are here. Illegals are the source of a huge number of other felonies as well.

It is very difficult to get a legit visa here. Lots of people with very good reasons to come here can't because of our convoluted and frankly racist (especially with Asians and blacks) immigration law. Why should one group get a pass, and other groups not?

Come on Jillian your better than that, don't play the race card! Mexico has ver strict immigration laws. WITHOUT A DOUBT, far stricter than anything we have even considered. You do know they have no birthright citizenship right! You can't own property unless you buy it outright. Even then you need to get state permission.

This isn't about race its about criminality and illegality of people's actions. We have a RIGHT to create standards for immigration into this country! Mexico makes a hell of a lot off us in trade. In fact their economy relies on us completely. Trade with Mexico and fighting illegal immigration is apples to oranges conversation and its disingenious to lump them together.

Look the issue is not one of race, it would be no different if Arizona was close to the French border and illegal aliens from France were having a massive effect on the Arizona economy due to the lack of Federal Govt. willing to enforce it's own laws. It's a fact Arizona is close to Mexico, Mexico is Arizon'a largest trading partner and our economies both benefit from one another. However just to make a blanket statement that the Arizona economy will be hurt when those that gained entry through illegal means doesn not take into account what they will go back to or where they will eventually go. This issue should NOT be about race, rather it should be about ending SLAVERY that exists in this nation because people look at illegal immigrants as political tools, or slave labor when they are human beings entitiled to dignity like any other human being and as such should be required to obey the law like any other person in this nation. CROSSING our borders without documentation is a Federal crime and just because the Federal Govt. chooses not to enforce it makes it no less a crime. If they choose to leave these people that have broken the law it would be the same as if a white collar criminal wanted by the FBI for cirmes left. Regardless of the moral stand here or how you feel about anyone from that regard, it's the law. Yes it will leave vacant jobs in the labor market that have been traditionally filled by illegal aliens, but is it not the goal to raise the standard of those jobs in terms of wages, and I see by those jobs being vacant and in a slow economy . them being filled by Americans needing them that standard rising. In the end, it would be a good thing to end this slavery and actually hold your Govts. feet to the fire and advocate for a well managed, strictly enforced, and clean citizenship process that ends this slavery once and for all. Thats the real recism!!!!!!

Come on Jillian your better than that, don't play the race card! Mexico has ver strict immigration laws. WITHOUT A DOUBT, far stricter than anything we have even considered. You do know they have no birthright citizenship right! You can't own property unless you buy it outright. Even then you need to get state permission.

This isn't about race its about criminality and illegality of people's actions. We have a RIGHT to create standards for immigration into this country! Mexico makes a hell of a lot off us in trade. In fact their economy relies on us completely. Trade with Mexico and fighting illegal immigration is apples to oranges conversation and its disingenious to lump them together.

Purchasing land in Mexico by a foreign national is not easy, I tried purchasing land in Mexico and found that I could not because the land in question was too close to the border. This was 15 years ago they may have lifted their restrictions or changed their laws since then. I ended up leasing the land I wanted to buy, I signed a fifty year lease.

Forum List

Back