Actors Who Made The Best And Worst Movie Athletes

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the list. I love watching Gary Busey and Daniel Stern in the Rookie Of The Year film. Daniel is a hoot and to me, Gary Busey couldn't have looked better. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Not one mention of either one, therefore, whoever put together this list bites.

John Goodman as Babe Ruth was awful. Tony Perkins as Jimmy Piersall was just as bad, although I understand there was a left-handed/right-handed thing going on there.

Robt. Redford did well as Roy Hobbs, and Tom Sellick was understandably a believable Jack Elliott (Mr. Baseball).

In most cases, a male actor playing a professional athlete reminds one of the fact that these actors are the ones who were acting in the high school plays, rather than playing ball.

Kevin Costner looked the part in his baseball movies. I got the feeling that Hillary Swank could be a credible boxer in Million Dollar Baby.

I dont know about sports movies because I saw so few of them but the most physically expressive actors that display athletic abilities that I know of in recent movies are Tom Cruise, Daniel Craig and Matt Damon. Thats all I can think of now but theres more.

Forum List

Back