Actor Alec Baldwin shoots and kills Director on set of movie

I'm not expert in this, all I know is that "real" prop guns have been used forever in Hollywood, since the industry began in the 1910s, and nobody has been killed by them, that's all I know.

In my opinion that was a real gun used by an irresponsible prick.
There have been many previous deaths and injuries, must famously Brandon Lee.

Anyway you look at it, that prick now knows what it's like to be in the negative limelight which he excelled in when "performing" on SNL. Once upon a time, I loved him especially in Hunt For Red October. But then he turned into an angry, hateful, disgusting asshole. I hated him BEFORE he made his $$$ in bashing Trump.

I think he THOUGHT his stupid show would rival Yellowstone. He is nowhere near even coming close to that one. And, after this...I think Rust is now a dead duck. Pun not intended. And his nasty ass career is now over. Good. And I hope that woman's husband sues his pants off.

Then he was using a real gun.

So why are we even discussing all this?

What they have to see now if it was innocent accident or if was it manslaughter?

or what?
I presume they have to find out if he knew that bullet was in it...or put it in himself...or someone else did to get back at him...whether it was unintentional or whatever. Doesn't matter what they find. He is from Hollyweird. He will get off. Rules for thee but not for me syndrome.

With lame stream media at the helm, along with movie companies, be prepared for a lot of old Alec movies coming forth. You know..bang for the buck. Pun INtended.

I presume they have to find out if he knew that bullet was in it...or put it in himself...or someone else did to get back at him...whether it was unintentional or whatever. Doesn't matter what they find. He is from Hollyweird. He will get off. Rules for thee but not for me syndrome.

That's the motto of the Left.

Rules for thee not for me.

Yep major movie stars are the same as politicians,one rule that applies to us but not to them

Then he was using a real gun.
A device capable of firing a projectile at high velocity, yes.
So why are we even discussing all this?
It's interesting, but little is known at this point.

Two shots or one?

What manner of round/s?

Was a single projectile deflected off the director and into the DP, or some other order of events/number of shots?
What they have to see now if it was innocent accident or if was it manslaughter?
There's speculation that the propmaster's daughter took the gun for target practice & left a highly lethal round or rounds (non-blank) in the device, and that it was then given to Baldwin unchecked.
Or what indeed - much unknown!

A device capable of firing a projectile at high velocity, yes.

It's interesting, but little is known at this point.

Two shots or one?

What manner of round/s?

Was a single projectile deflected off the director and into the DP, or some other order of events/number of shots?

There's speculation that the propmaster's daughter took the gun for target practice & left a highly lethal round or rounds (non-blank) in the device, and that it was then given to Baldwin unchecked.

Or what indeed - much unknown!
Baldwin should have checked since he was the one aiming & pulling the trigger.

There was a movie guy on Tucker's show tonight. He said (among other things) that everyone is told to treat every weapon as though it were loaded at all times. Never point a gun at anyone. Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire.

As any gun club member knows, Baldwin was guilty of gross negligence. Maybe someone else was in charge of the gun, but Baldwin was culpable. And this being the U.S. of A., he will be sued, big time. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

If he is going to beat up a complete stranger for parking in a spot he claimed was his but is open to the public and the guy dared to take it, then what is that asshole capable of if angered during one of his shoots on a movie/show he co produces?

Oh yes. His nastiness WILL haunt him and he BETTER be held liable.

Whatcha wanna bet he will double down on gun ownership....UNLESS its for a Hollyweird movie. Exempt, dontchaknow.

Baldwin should have checked since he was the one aiming & pulling the trigger.
Absolutely.

Allegedly, the set armorer cleared it immediately prior to handing it to Baldwin, but ultimately, it's the responsibility of the one discharging, morally if not legally.

Forum List

Back