Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
you still have not meaningfully addressed the facts:

Baldwin was, personally, negligent.
As the shooter, he is the person most responsible.
Under NM law, he can be charged for involuntary manslaughter
So many confuse the word "fact" with their own opinions they badly want to impose on everyone else.

Your two first points are simply your opinions. I don't agree with either, so they sure aren't "facts," which is a weasel-word like "truth."

The third point may be a fact, though one I wouldn't believe at this point without looking it up, but note that Baldwin hasn't been charged after all these days.

The fact you do not agree with the statements does not mean they are not facts.
Not a bad point, taken generally -------- in this case your statements WERE opinions, not facts, but I suppose one could cook up statements that are in some sense provable but that some people disagree with anyway.

I am saying that so many here use the word "fact" to mean I REALLYREALLYREALLY want you to agree with me!!! Right now, dammit!!!!!!!!! "Fact" should have a better definition than that, but it doesn't. S'okay ---- "truth" doesn't have a better definition, either.

How is noting that as a producer, Baldwin may be held liable for this “whoring”?

Because you refuse to admit he's responsible for pointing a loaded gun at an innocent person, pulling the trigger, and killing a woman. And you refuse to admit that because Baldwin is a leftist hatemonger just like you. It's fucking sick, man. The guy shot and killed a completely innocent woman, and you're defending that act. Fuck you.

Why do you believe my statements are not facts?
Because it's obvious. You made a judgement: that's an opinion. Twice, at least. Many disagree with you. Me, for one. The difference between us is that you call your assertions "facts," but I call mine "opinions." Calling something a fact that isn't one is an attempt to coerce belief along your own lines, to gain allies to your position.

Screw all that, I say. There's way too much of this going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back