Active shooter on Long Island

Four shots is questionable, but he had a duty to protect the other girl and under stress he fucked up.
That is pretty standard. Fire until the target is down/incapacitated from something vital being hit or blood loss.

The ideal response would have been for him to run around the other side of her gun pointed and tell her to drop the knife immediately.
However, "ideal" responses are for Gods - Not men.

Zimmerman wan't playing cop
The fuck he wasn't

Are all neighborhood watches playing cop? Is everyone who checks on suspicious behavior in their neighborhood playing cop? That's an absurd view. Cops almost never stop crimes. Concerned citizens stop them all the time. You call a cop when you need a police report. You don't call a cop to stop a crime.

Incorrect Skippy - As neighborhood watch cap I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a white kid cruising through our neighborhood in Boise in 2017 checking for unlocked cars. Called cops and they were there in less than two minutes lights flashing and kids hands in the air. If I'd grabbed my Glock and tried to intervene it could have gone very badly. Turns out he had gun from the unlocked truck of my neighbor.

LOL! Adventures in Whitesville with BlueAnon. Nice story, Bluey.

ENOUGH TROLL Start a thread on Zimmerman if you want. Here it's a distraction and a violation

I didn't bring Zimmerman into the discussion and you've participated freely. But I understand that I've kicked your intellectual (or unintellectual, as it were) ass on this and you want to drop the topic without actually just admitting you are wrong and you're incapable of just shutting your mouth and letting the subject drop.

Zimmerman didn't intervene. He followed at a safe distance and reported Martin's location to the dispatcher.

I'm glad, though, you had such great success with your local police. I called the police once for a car breakin and it took them most of an hour to respond. Other's have not been so lucky as you or even me:

You call the police to take a report, not to stop a crime. Stories like this one are extremely rare:

Zimmy stalked a black kid wearing a hoodie in the rain armed with Skittles and a can of Arizona Ice Tea after he was told not to by dispatch. He attempted to be a badass, got his ass kicked and responded with unnecessary deadly force.

Admittedly I was lucky getting such a quick response. There likely was a cop who happened to be a mile or two away. But should I have pulled a Zimmy, confronted the dude with my Glock at 2 AM and possibly been shot with my neighbor's pistol (loaded btw) :confused-84:

As for the sad story of Columbus knife situation, that cop won't be charged nor do I think he should. Four shots is questionable, but he had a duty to protect the other girl and under stress he fucked up.

These things happen with cops and sometimes the outcome is not good. There have been bad outcomes with citizen interventions as well. That doesn't mean that most cops aren't good people doing their level best to Protect & Serve.

You're a liar. It's already been established that Zimmerman NEVER confronted Martin. Quit lying. In addition, he was not told to stop; but when they said he wasn't needed he did stop. Once again, you're a liar. It's one thing to be mistaken and get corrected but when you continue to tell the same story then you're simply lying.

As for four shots in Columbus, he had to stop the attacker immediately. There was no option to injure and then stop and see if the knife kept moving or not and, if it was still moving he could decide whether to shoot some more or not. When you pull your gun to stop a threat you shoot until the threat is stopped.

When the attacker had the chance to stop without getting shot was when she was attacking grandma and moving in the direction of the cop while the cop was moving to her and yelling for her to get down. She chose to continue the attack at full speed and intensity, clearly intending to kill someone in spite of the presence of the cop.

Zimmerman didn't intervene. He followed at a safe distance and reported Martin's location to the dispatcher.

I'm glad, though, you had such great success with your local police. I called the police once for a car breakin and it took them most of an hour to respond. Other's have not been so lucky as you or even me:

You call the police to take a report, not to stop a crime. Stories like this one are extremely rare:

Zimmy stalked a black kid wearing a hoodie in the rain armed with Skittles and a can of Arizona Ice Tea after he was told not to by dispatch. He attempted to be a badass, got his ass kicked and responded with unnecessary deadly force.

Admittedly I was lucky getting such a quick response. There likely was a cop who happened to be a mile or two away. But should I have pulled a Zimmy, confronted the dude with my Glock at 2 AM and possibly been shot with my neighbor's pistol (loaded btw) :confused-84:

As for the sad story of Columbus knife situation, that cop won't be charged nor do I think he should. Four shots is questionable, but he had a duty to protect the other girl and under stress he fucked up.

These things happen with cops and sometimes the outcome is not good. There have been bad outcomes with citizen interventions as well. That doesn't mean that most cops aren't good people doing their level best to Protect & Serve.

Wrong...dipshit......dispatch didn't tell him to do anything....they can't, they aren't cops....if you followed the trial you would know that. That told him he didn't need to follow Martin, then he stopped, and turned around, and went in the complete opposite direction from martin....who he couldn't even see anymore and had lost inside the buildings.....

4 shots...dipshit...mean nothing.....not in the heat of having to shoot in a situation like that......adrenaline hits the system, you get tunnel vision, your hearing goes and time distorts.....these are things that morons like you don't understand about these encounters........

For those more rational people out there, if you have been in an automobile accident and you remember that sensation...how time slowed, how your attention narrowed? That is what happens in a self defense situation like this...

Four shots is questionable, but he had a duty to protect the other girl and under stress he fucked up.
That is pretty standard. Fire until the target is down/incapacitated from something vital being hit or blood loss.

The ideal response would have been for him to run around the other side of her gun pointed and tell her to drop the knife immediately.

No....asshole, the ideal response would have been for the 16 year old to not be stabbing other people with a knife.......

The ideal response would have been for her two parents to raise her so that she didn't have to live in a foster home and think it was okay to stab people.......

Biden was correct - We're seeing an average of one mass shooting a day. Sad.
Suspect still at large.
Isn't it convenient that just as the left is pushing for gun control bills to be approved, a sudden spate of mass shootings occur. Most likely, these delusional people think that they are martyrs for the anti-gun crowd.

I originally ignored this post, thinking that you were being facetious. Just in case you weren't, let me just point out that he was about 8 feet away from the attacker when the knife was probably 12 inches from the victim's neck and moving swiftly towards the neck. Nothing at all other than the 4 shots, probably not even 3 shots, would have saved the victim's life. He had to stop her motion completely. The only way to measure that she was stopped was because she was on the ground.

The attacker should have considered going to the ground when the cop first ordered her to and then she'd still have been on the ground, where she ended up anyway, but she'd have been alive on the ground.

We're seeing an average of one mass shooting a day. Sad.
Suspect still at large.
Watching the consequences of the moral collapse of this nation IS sad. If DC tries to get heavy-handed on 2A, it will be one HELL of a lot sadder for a huge number of people. That's the thing with the anti-gun types. They go all sad and somber over criminal behavior in CERTAIN areas and situations but totally ignore other instances that don't fit their narrative. What's worse, they'd cheerfully watch thousands being killed, maimed or imprisoned due to the government trying to confiscate weapons, while they cry over a few hundred a year out of a population of 330 million. It's political bullshyte and they will find, to their cost, that 2A is a line they won't cross just by stealing an election. They will have to have skin in the game for that little perfidy.

No one is interested in grabbin' yer guns ESDRA. I'm a gun owner. It is a FACT that 90% of Americans favor Universal BG and that includes around 70% of NRA members who don't want to see private sellers selling criminals and kooks at gun shows without a check. Last I saw, 67% favor a national red flag policy.

I'm willing to admit that both sides manipulate facts to promote their narrative. But why is it that at present, EVERY congressional Republican is on the wrong side of nearly every issue as evidenced by poll averages?
Good deal! Then I can expect you to be willing to physically resist ANY FURTHER INFRINGEMENT of 2A, yeah? The two bills that are in Congress now will only be passed by nuking the filibuster. I assume that as a gun owner you would want such decisions made on a more bipartisan basis than ramming it through on a tiebreaker?
Oh and BTW, I KNOW they aren't going to take mine. They can use dictatorial actions to make me a criminal but only I will decide whether and when they'll gain control of my weapons.
You know, it's an odd situation with Americans who fear firearms, use that as an excuse to control their neighbors. On the one hand, they wail and gnash their teeth over the "senseless slaughter" caused by guns. Said slaughter adding up to a few hundred a year out of a population of 300+ million. When one points out that any effort to forcibly confiscate weapons would lead to massive numbers of dead and wounded, they say they don't believe it will come to that. What they mean is, they don't give a damn if thousands die while a government/party THEY support, is doing the killing to control THEIR political opponents. How messed up is that?
Red Flag is a non-starter and if they ram it through or even if the establishment scum join hands and sing Kumbaya, They do not have the right through legislation to nullify 1A, 2A, 4A, and others because someone drops a dime on them anonymously, online. Let them try it.
The news will be full of emergency broadcasts where cops are SWATTING "domestic terrorists". They'll conveniently leave out the part about having feck-all for proof and that they're door kicking over an anonymous accusation. When THAT pattern begins to repeat itself, CWII is ON... after that begins, those who suddenly decide that wasn't how they thought it would be, can go feck themselves. The Left doesn't have enough Brownshirts or Schutzstaffel (FBI) on payroll to handle that amount of resistance. And I think we know that those who bray the loudest and are the worst offended by others demanding their rights are NOT going to be knocking on or kicking in, doors. They expect better men and women than themselves to risk life and limb to impose the Left's will on others.

I originally ignored this post, thinking that you were being facetious. Just in case you weren't, let me just point out that he was about 8 feet away from the attacker when the knife was probably 12 inches from the victim's neck and moving swiftly towards the neck. Nothing at all other than the 4 shots, probably not even 3 shots, would have saved the victim's life. He had to stop her motion completely. The only way to measure that she was stopped was because she was on the ground.

The attacker should have considered going to the ground when the cop first ordered her to and then she'd still have been on the ground, where she ended up anyway, but she'd have been alive on the ground.

I have no idea WTF you’re talking about and wager you don’t either ;)

Zimmerman wan't playing cop
The fuck he wasn't

Are all neighborhood watches playing cop? Is everyone who checks on suspicious behavior in their neighborhood playing cop? That's an absurd view. Cops almost never stop crimes. Concerned citizens stop them all the time. You call a cop when you need a police report. You don't call a cop to stop a crime.

Incorrect Skippy - As neighborhood watch cap I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a white kid cruising through our neighborhood in Boise in 2017 checking for unlocked cars. Called cops and they were there in less than two minutes lights flashing and kids hands in the air. If I'd grabbed my Glock and tried to intervene it could have gone very badly. Turns out he had gun from the unlocked truck of my neighbor.

LOL! Adventures in Whitesville with BlueAnon. Nice story, Bluey.

Go fuck yerself Trumpy ;)

Forum List

Back