Accurate Map of State Minimum wage Across the United States

Unfortunately there are posters ( andaronjim ) on this forum who are misinformed and do not understand that minimum wage is different in each state across the country. The federal government sets a floor for a wage which is currently $7.25. This map shows the minimum wage of each state across the country. It is important to understand because each stat might have living conditions that are much higher than other states. The $13 minimum wage in California where even those making $20+ an hour cannot afford to live where they work, could fund raising a family in Kentucky, however the minimum wage here is $7.25, almost HALF of that in California. So please remember this when making your argument.

View attachment 357833
Back before minimum wage was determined by the Democrats, people were paid their worth. A burger flipper was paid $2,00 an hour because there were many burger flippers and it doesnt take a college degree to be one. Now lets look at a NFL quarterback, not too many of those around, but the really good ones are paid in the 10s of millions. Now for the really bad thing minimum wage does for people, those who are more qualified to be better, if the business owner is a liberal, will pay that person the minimum required and not the worth of the individual. Perfect example is Jeff Bezos, the liberal multibillionaire, the richest person on the planet, pays his employees no where near what he makes. Liberals, do as they say, not as they do....
You wanting to go back to $2.00 burger flippers? Nobody talking about paying burger flippers 10s of millions. Probably not going back to the 60s era though. Many on that side of the aisle are not looking to hold the line on any issue, but would rather try to turn back the clock, 50 years if they could. Used to be a conservative party, not head in the sand turn back the clock 2 generations, kind of party. I miss the conservatives.

Well technically we are still in the 50's. With inflation and people making $7.25 an hour, wages now compared to inflation is LESS compared to over 50 years ago.
I do not see anything happening on this before January and the new administration.
What new administration? The one in your dreams?

Unfortunately there are posters ( andaronjim ) on this forum who are misinformed and do not understand that minimum wage is different in each state across the country. The federal government sets a floor for a wage which is currently $7.25. This map shows the minimum wage of each state across the country. It is important to understand because each stat might have living conditions that are much higher than other states. The $13 minimum wage in California where even those making $20+ an hour cannot afford to live where they work, could fund raising a family in Kentucky, however the minimum wage here is $7.25, almost HALF of that in California. So please remember this when making your argument.

View attachment 357833
Back before minimum wage was determined by the Democrats, people were paid their worth. A burger flipper was paid $2,00 an hour because there were many burger flippers and it doesnt take a college degree to be one. Now lets look at a NFL quarterback, not too many of those around, but the really good ones are paid in the 10s of millions. Now for the really bad thing minimum wage does for people, those who are more qualified to be better, if the business owner is a liberal, will pay that person the minimum required and not the worth of the individual. Perfect example is Jeff Bezos, the liberal multibillionaire, the richest person on the planet, pays his employees no where near what he makes. Liberals, do as they say, not as they do....
You wanting to go back to $2.00 burger flippers? Nobody talking about paying burger flippers 10s of millions. Probably not going back to the 60s era though. Many on that side of the aisle are not looking to hold the line on any issue, but would rather try to turn back the clock, 50 years if they could. Used to be a conservative party, not head in the sand turn back the clock 2 generations, kind of party. I miss the conservatives.

Well technically we are still in the 50's. With inflation and people making $7.25 an hour, wages now compared to inflation is LESS compared to over 50 years ago.
I do not see anything happening on this before January and the new administration.
Dream on...
Keeping your head in the sand won't help. Did you notice the additional trump backed candidates that went down in flames Tuesday. He is not exactly Mr. Popularity even in Republican states. If he doesn't change, he willprobably lose you the Senate also. Aides are trying to get him to soften his rhetoric. May be working. I heard him say he would wear a mask in crowds today and looked good in it. Too little too late.
Republicans still won those seats. I guess you aren't aware how our elections work. Which elections are you talking about?

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
Keeping your head in the sand won't help. Did you notice the additional trump backed candidates that went down in flames Tuesday. He is not exactly Mr. Popularity even in Republican states. If he doesn't change, he willprobably lose you the Senate also. Aides are trying to get him to soften his rhetoric. May be working. I heard him say he would wear a mask in crowds today and looked good in it. Too little too late.
Republicans still won those seats. I guess you aren't aware how our elections work. Which elections are you talking about?
Well here are some. These days a trump endorsement and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee but won't help you win an election or primary.
1599447999407.png

1599448033306.png

1599448121708.png

1599448177083.png

1599448232411.png

1599448303410.png

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
Well here are some. These days a trump endorsement and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee but won't help you win an election or primary.
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450
Wow! A whopping six! Now, how many races were held since the primaries started? Nice source BTW! You had to use a UK source about American elections?

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450
Wow! A whopping six! Now, how many races were held since the primaries started? Nice source BTW! You had to use a UK source about American elections?
Rock, I stopped at six, thinking it would be enough for you to get the point, especially since one was in your home state. Enjoying your new governor?

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450
Rock, I stopped at six, thinking it would be enough for you to get the point, especially since one was in your home state. Enjoying your new governor?
Maybe you stopped at six because that is all you could find.

Our new governor? Can you say "one term"?

Brashear won because our incumbent governor was so f-ing stupid he pissed off Republicans and motivated Democrats . Bevin was a idiot of the highest order, and I wished I had the opportunity to kick his ass personally. He comments about teachers guaranteed his defeat if he had been running against Tweety Bird.

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

Brashear won because our incumbent governor was so f-ing stupid he pissed off Republicans and motivated Democrats . Bevin was a idiot of the highest order, and I wished I had the opportunity to kick his ass personally. He comments about teachers guaranteed his defeat if he had been running against Tweety Bird.
No. I stopped as it was plenty to make the point.
Trump hoped for his defeat, but it did not effect the outcome. Just another case in point.
I don't know much about Bevin, but doesn't seem like the sharpest pencil in the pack, by any means. Seriously, good luck with him up there in the Commonwealth.

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

Trump hoped for his defeat, but it did not effect the outcome. Just another case in point.
I don't know much about Bevin, but doesn't seem like the sharpest pencil in the pack, by any means. Seriously, good luck with him up there in the Commonwealth.
We will see...

View attachment 357833

Right, but the problem is, why not?

You either believe that the minimum wage has a negative effect, or you don't.

It's one or the other. Can't be both.

You either believe that people have the freedom to negotiate and determine their own voluntary exchange of wages for labor, or you don't.

True conservatives, have always believed in freedom. That's always been a fundamental of freedom.

But back to the point, if you don't believe the net result of raising the minimum wage is job loss, and you don't believe in other negative effects....

Then why not pay people a million dollars to flip a burger?

People are suggesting that there is no job loss, and if there is none, they why not $16/hour minimum wage? Or $17/hour? Or $18/hour? Or $20, $25, $30, or $50/hour?

Remember, we jumped up the minimum wage from $5.25 to $7.25 in 2009, and instantly people were calling for a $15/hour minimum wage.

And why not? Why not bump it up higher and higher? You don't believe there is a negative, then why not keep pushing up the wage?

Now this is where fact-based conservatives oppose this.

We know that raising the minimum wage causes people to lose their jobs. I was working at McDonald's when the minimum wage went up. First thing they did, was lay off three employees. Then they raised their prices, by reducing serving sizes.

They had these three trays for fry cups. I remember when I started refilling them, and the cups spilled out of the trays. Why? Because they had reduced the size of the cups, and the trays were too large to hold them. So they all fell on the floor.

Same with the drink cups. All the sizes got smaller. They did this incrementally over a period of a year. Until finally they eliminated the small, made the medium into the small, and the large into the medium, and introduced a new large with a higher price.

Prices go up, people lose their jobs.

By the way, you ask how they laid off three people and stayed open.... the rest of us had to cover their work.

And by the way, we did not get paid more. We just had to work more.

And that's the reality of the minimum wage. It never helps anyone. People lose their jobs, and prices go up. Never been a country anywhere that raised the minimum wage, and the result was prosperity.

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...
Oh, and these were with trump endorsement to help them over the edge. I didn't look to see if donnie had anything to do with it, but congrats donnie anyway if you say that is what did it.

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...
Oh, and these were with trump endorsement to help them over the edge. I didn't look to see if donnie had anything to do with it, but congrats donnie anyway if you say that is what did it.

Hey fucktard, did you think he was going to endorse a man-faced, Democrat guilty of stolen valor?

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...

Hey fucktard, did you think he was going to endorse a man-faced, Democrat guilty of stolen valor?
Go piss up a rope rock head you senile old FK. We can talk, disagree, agree, or just argue like kids, but If you want act like a typical Dumb FKing trumper on here and just start calling names like some retard that couldn't get past being in the 5th grade, I'll treat you like you show you wish to treated. You have not been on my mental list of trump jerks on this board, even though I know you support him, but you can be if you do not have the capacity to for civilized response. If this is established as your common pattern, I will end up putting you on ignore as that will be all you deserve at that point.

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...

Go piss up a rope rock head you senile old FK. We can talk, disagree, agree, or just argue like kids, but If you want act like a typical Dumb FKing trumper on here and just start calling names like some retard that couldn't get past being in the 5th grade, I'll treat you like you show you wish to treated. You have not been on my mental list of trump jerks on this board, even though I know you support him, but you can be if you do not have the capacity to for civilized response. If this is established as your common pattern, I will end up putting you on ignore as that will be all you deserve at that point.

You are a fucking loser of the first order. Kiss my ever-loving ass you stupid prick. You couldn't argue your way out of a wet paper bag, dipshit! Put me on ignore, you douche bag mother fucker. THat way you won't be embarrassed any more, twat socket!

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...

You are a fucking loser of the first order. Kiss my ever-loving ass you stupid prick. You couldn't argue your way out of a wet paper bag, dipshit! Put me on ignore, you douche bag mother fucker. THat way you won't be embarrassed any more, twat socket!
Bye Rock. IGNORE

View attachment 357833

Dream on...
View attachment 385442
View attachment 385444
View attachment 385446
View attachment 385447
View attachment 385448
View attachment 385450

We will see...

Bye Rock. IGNORE

It's about fucking time you realized that you could never win a battle of wits unarmed.

Forum List

Back