Academy Awards

PainefulTruth

Romantic Cynic
Sep 28, 2013
Arizona
FWIW: Glad to see Her nominated for best picture, though it won't win. Even though the performances were excellent, they just weren't as demanding as the roles in American Hustle for which it will win best pic too, even though they have separate awards for acting. Also AH is making a lot more money. They're tied with the critics on R/T at 93%. While I want Her to be recognized, I'm resigned to being satisfied with AH winning. Any of the other pictures winning will just be another Academy Sham. Whatever. I'm just glad Her is out there, as well as The Counselor, which I'm assuming is the missing 10th nomination. :cool:

bump34.gif

Oh boy it's time for the AA's again. One of Hollyweird's annual circle jerks.
I'll be sure to forget to set the DVR.

I know, the George Clooney show, but they do offer an opportunity for discussion of what's phoney vs. what's real. Two movies this year are actually excellent (American Hustle and Her-the latter being a masterpiece IMNTBHO.) Then there's another one, The Counselor, another masterpiece which not only they snubbed, but the critics and public as well. Go figure.

Film/videos are our greatest art form, because they employ all the arts. If you don't like what you're seeing, say so, do something, support the good stuff--unless you don't know what the good stuff is, in which case, keep it to yourself. :eusa_whistle:

I have been meaning to watch Her. It looks like a good movie. Even if they don't win, I like seeing lesser known movies competing with the blockbusters.

I have been meaning to watch Her. It looks like a good movie. Even if they don't win, I like seeing lesser known movies competing with the blockbusters.

It's being rated very high by those who've actually seen it, but it's low box office is probably due to its low action and high thought provocation quotients. It is very original, going as it does where no film has gone before.

Starting my Oscar Movie Crawl this weekend....can't find Nebraska playing anywhere!

Oh boy it's time for the AA's again. One of Hollyweird's annual circle jerks.
I'll be sure to forget to set the DVR.

OR

Just re-watch the CMAs, where millionaires pretend to be all "Christian" and love Jesus while bilking the redneck women out of money.

Nothing like a factory worker humming a tune by a guy with a private jet who really "understands his plight"….

A Patriotic Orgasm of mass consumerism directed at the Southern states.

Forum List

Back