Academic leftist tried to kill survey finding 96% of biologist admit life begins at fertilization

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
October 21, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – The biological beginning of human life has never been as controversial as the political battle over abortion would suggest, with research released this summer finding that even biologists who vote for and support legal abortion admit the procedure’s victims were alive at the moment of fertilizaiton.

Academic leftists tried to kill survey finding 96% of biologists admit life begins at fertilization

upload_2019-10-22_11-1-11.png

Oh but of course they are .........just like the same brain losers trying to hide Trump's real poll stats!!

Life does not begin at fertilization. The sperm is alive, the egg is alive, and they are both human, uniquely so in fact. There is no life coming from non-life at any time. If either the sperm or egg are dead, one gets nothing. So, one can say, depending on one’s belief that a soul begins, one can say diploid life starts as haploid life ceases, one can say there is a zygote at fertilization, but it is clear that there is life all along and it does not begin then. It is a continuum and always has been. People use terms very carelessly when discussing this topic.

Life does not begin at fertilization.

We are talking about a separate life which begins at fertilization. Today, it's not about the taking of life, but about fetus vs a mother's rights. If the fetus wins the right to life, then I want to see the parents pay for the infant until he or she is adopted, through the child support system.

If there needs to be further explanation of what was being discussed, then I think my point stands that there is a lot of careless use of terms in discussions of this topic. Too often the terms life, human life, person(hood) are conflated or otherwise misused.

To me, it is pointless to debate when human life begins since it is a continuum. What is more relevant to the topic is when, at what point, does a society wish to convey the legal protections of personhood onto that human life.

Forum List

Back