‘Absolute red line': EU official warns China against supplying weapons to Russia

What happened long ago is irrelevant. When Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014 only 17.2% of the population of Ukraine were ethnic Russians and less than half the population of the Donbass were ethnic Russians, and there was no reason to believe more than a few of the ethnic Russians in the Donbass wanted to live under Russian rule. There was no violence in the Donbass until Russia organized and armed militias to attack the Ukrainian government and the Ukrainian people who didn't support Ukraine being colonized by Russia. Again, you post nothing but irrelevant bullshit.
First of all, it is relevant as the question "Are Texans - Americans? " The words "Texan" or "Ukrainian" (Borderlander) is not ethnonim, it's ethnohoronim, it's about the place, not about people.
Second, there was violence not only in Donbass, but in Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa, Dniepr and other places.
Third - most of Donbass people not just "want" to live with Russia, but even take the weapon in their hands and fight against Ukrainian nationalists.

And here you are rootin' for Putin.
Oh, poor guy, your English isn't THAT good, is it?? Please quote where I said I'm "rootin' for Putin"" (darn, for a foreigner, he really can speak idiomatic English. Unusual. IMO, you need to put in for a raise, TMT.)

Nope, I'm not "rootin' for Putin," though I think I'll file your rhyme and steal it someday. I think he's a poisoner and the worst since the Medicis. Which does not relate to my not wanting Americans to go to war for Ukraine. why in God's name should we do that!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well say I'm in favor of warmonger Obongo-bongo since I oppose the U.S. going to war in the Congo. Nope. Not how it works.

First of all, it is relevant as the question "Are Texans - Americans? " The words "Texan" or "Ukrainian" (Borderlander) is not ethnonim, it's ethnohoronim, it's about the place, not about people.
Second, there was violence not only in Donbass, but in Kiev, Kharkov, Odessa, Dniepr and other places.
Third - most of Donbass people not just "want" to live with Russia, but even take the weapon in their hands and fight against Ukrainian nationalists.
Ok, now you are just drooling out Putin's lies again. The whole world has rejected this bullshit and hundreds of thousands of Russians are dead or dying because of Putin's lies.

Ok, now you are just drooling out Putin's lies again. The whole world has rejected this bullshit and hundreds of thousands of Russians are dead or dying because of Putin's lies.
It's ok. Hundreds of millions will die soon, because Biden decided to reject the truth.

And no, it's not only Putin's "lie". Zelenskiy himself said that Russians and Ukrainians are the same nation. He even didn't believe in "evil green men" in Donbass back in 2014.

Last edited:
And no, it's not only Putin's "lie". Zelenskiy himself said that Russians and Ukrainians are the same nation. He even didn't believe in "evil green men" in Donbass back in 2014.

At the recent UNGA vote on condemning the invasion, you saw he whole world treat Putin's lies with contempt, so why go on trying to sell them to a world that knows they are bullshit? You are just making a fool of yourself.

At the recent UNGA vote on condemning the invasion, you saw he whole world treat Putin's lies with contempt, so why go on trying to sell them to a world that knows they are bullshit? You are just making a fool of yourself.
The whole world (ok, only 85% of it) don't see any difference between American invasions in Serbia and Iraq and the Russian military operation in Ukraine, and even those who see it - don't care too much. It's important only for Baiden-Obama-Clinton cliqué, and only because of their personal assets there. Those are facts. Even most of Ukrainians don't care much about who will be leader of their state - Ukrainian Piotr Alekeseevitch Poroshenko, Jew Vladimir Aleksandrovitch Zelenskiy, Russian Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putin or even a German Ursula Gertrud von der Leyen.
They want peace, they want prosperity and they don't want to be discriminated. The main reason why their are still fighting - because Biden pay them. And he pays them billions of the US taxpayers' dollars to save his personal millions.

The whole world (ok, only 85% of it) don't see any difference between American invasions in Serbia and Iraq and the Russian military operation in Ukraine, and even those who see it - don't care too much. It's important only for Baiden-Obama-Clinton cliqué, and only because of their personal assets there. Those are facts. Even most of Ukrainians don't care much about who will be leader of their state - Ukrainian Piotr Alekeseevitch Poroshenko, Jew Vladimir Aleksandrovitch Zelenskiy, Russian Vladimir Vladimirovitch Putin or even a German Ursula Gertrud von der Leyen.
They want peace, they want prosperity and they don't want to be discriminated. The main reason why their are still fighting - because Biden pay them. And he pays them billions of the US taxpayers' dollars to save his personal millions.
Reasonable assessment/assertion

That may be one of the craziest things I've ever read, but it was probably what Putin was thinking when he launched this unwinnable war, that he could get away with stealing Ukraine because no one cared, but clearly, he was mistaken. The world sees this invasion of Ukraine as an invasion of Europe and more, as an attack on the whole system of international laws and treaties that make trade and the prosperity it brings possible. In one year, Putin has changed the world's perception of Russia from near superpower status to a basket case dependent on Iran and North Korea to survive this war and on China to keep its economy from collapsing.

...that he could get away with stealing Ukraine because no one cared
I think he believed he would get a quick victory, and his pipelines would protect him from the backlash.

He would drive a wedge between the US and EU over sanctions, and weaken NATO in the process.

The first part could have worked, the second not so much. A successful invasion would still have energized NATO.

That may be one of the craziest things I've ever read, but it was probably what Putin was thinking when he launched this unwinnable war, that he could get away with stealing Ukraine because no one cared, but clearly, he was mistaken. The world sees this invasion of Ukraine as an invasion of Europe and more, as an attack on the whole system of international laws and treaties that make trade and the prosperity it brings possible. In one year, Putin has changed the world's perception of Russia from near superpower status to a basket case dependent on Iran and North Korea to survive this war and on China to keep its economy from collapsing.
Why do you think, that the "whole world" really consider current "order based on rules" as something good? Why do you think, they they want to see the USA as "first without equals" rather than "first among equals" or even "third among equals"?

Why do you think, that the "whole world" really consider current "order based on rules" as something good? Why do you think, they they want to see the USA as "first without equals" rather than "first among equals" or even "third among equals"?
Order based on rules is necessary for commerce to flourish and nearly all nations need vigorous commerce to prosper, so nearly all nations support the current order. This has nothing to do with them being envious of America's wealth and military power. Keep in mind that although the US has a greater economy and much greater military power than any European country, it has only one vote in NATO. First among equals.

Order based on rules is necessary for commerce to flourish and nearly all nations need vigorous commerce to prosper, so nearly all nations support the current order. This has nothing to do with them being envious of America's wealth and military power. Keep in mind that although the US has a greater economy and much greater military power than any European country, it has only one vote in NATO. First among equals.
Many of them doesn't like those rules, and they want something better. That's why they (even some of our so called allies) support Russia one way or another.

The U.S. could supply arms to Taiwan.
China cannot supply weapons to Russia.
Be careful, don't mix it up!

-5244590904973575896_121.1679409199.jpg

Forum List

Back