About USMB and it’s status as a “conservative(?) Board” etc.

You are doing the classifying. It sounded a lot like those with whom you disagree are all statist idiots. If that’s not what you intended to be saying (or understood as having said), cool. But that only means that you were unclear.

As to your final paragraph, yes. People may disagree. For example, don’t require anybody else’s approval to call myself a conservative. And I have disagreements with some conservatives along the lines of some social issues. Some conservatives believe that the government has a legit authority and purpose in prohibiting gay behavior or gay marriage. I don’t. I say it’s none of my business; and that if it is none of my business then it is none of the government’s business, either.

And abortion “rights.” I believe that it is abhorrent that our government “allowed” the mass slaughter of preborn human beings. I believe that at conception, that creature is a human life. And to “permit” it to be aborted is a denial of the right to life. However, I am a bit inconsistent. Guilty. Everything I said is equally true of the product of a rape or incest yet nevertheless I agree that it would be inhuman to force a mother so impregnated to have to give birth. I acknowledge a couple of other obvious exceptions too.

Someone wants to scratch my name out of the big book of conservatives, go ahead. I reject that effort though. Another wonderful thing about conservatism. The thinking of others doesn’t necessarily bind me.

I get all that ... And there is no need for me to dissect everything you post.

Where I understand your concerns and positions as far as abortion and gay marriage ...
I don't think either one of them are any of the Federal Government's business.
If they are handled by government ... I respect the Bill of Rights including the Tenth Amendment and in all things.
I understand that the People in my State or Community may not agree with me.
We're going to vote, and that is going to go whatever way it does.

The Power should reside as close to the People as possible in most matters.
There are exceptions when it comes to the Bill of Rights.

As far as you calling yourself a Conservative ... I have no objection to you calling yourself whatever you want.

I will however take an objection to your suggestion that anything I post or believe is in the least bit unclear.
If you want to express otherwise ... I will kindly inform you that I am not required to meet whatever minutia you may want to apply ...
In order to gray the lines or make a cutout for an exception ... If there is an exception, I will include it myself.

Back to the Topic ... I did not address what you think about yourself or your positions ...
Only how I view a stereotypical classification, and for whatever value it may have, in regard to all of the community at USMB.
I feel confident with that assessment, won't budge an inch ... And if it doesn't apply specifically to you, then you don't have to argue with it.

Last edited:

Only how I view a stereotypical classification, and for whatever value it may have, in regard to all of the community at USMB.
I feel confident with that assessment, won't budge an inch ... And if it doesn't apply specifically to you, you don't have to argue with it.​

It doesn’t have value.

I didn’t expect you to budge (notwithstanding that you should).
Whether it applies to me I don’t have to argue or agree with it. But I still might.

Off topic:

Your proclivity to “center” everything you post is a visual eyesore.​

Your proclivity to “center” everything you post is a visual eyesore.

You can reference previous comments on the subject of one of the many reasons why I center justify ...
Only if you think I am kidding, or it may be unclear.

One of the reasons is because it always lets me know when the person bringing it up has nothing else worth saying ...
And I really don't give a damn what you think about it ... :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for the heads-up.

You can reference previous comments on the subject of one of the many reasons why I center justify ...
Only if you think I am kidding, or it may be unclear.

One of the reasons is because it always lets me know when the person bringing it up has nothing else worth saying ...
And I really don't give a damn what you think about it ... :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for the heads-up.

It’s ok. You're allowed to post in a manner consistent with your status as an asshole. 👍

Well educate me. Educate all of us. That's what I'm asking from you.

So far you've only said that we should follow your leader.

Why don't you lead? Teach us. Given your claims, I don't find it to be too much to ask.

You're popping off about a ''conservative' board but you've not even made an attempt at demonstrating a conservative perspective. What it even means to be conservative.
You could take this very same post you have written, and apply it to biblical time's as based upon your attitude in your text, and it would be you yelling from the crowd in mockery during the trial, and crucifixion of Christ. Judgement day isn't looking to good in your favor.

That just because there's more conservatives and this board isn't run by leftists who censor everything like 90% of everything else out there. Obviously to me, and I haven't been here that long.

I came from a place where you can hardly call anyone what they are ever and the whole board is leftist-biased. Just saying what someone is was considered a "personal attack" and verboten.

That's a major impediment to free discourse. This is better.

Free discourse is good.

I agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone wanting to complain about the moderating on this site needs to go to other political websites that claim to be non biased like politicalcrossfire or politicalforum. They wouldn't last a day in either of those places. I left both because they were so pussified, you couldn't go after anyone for anything. You call someone a "stupid fucking liar" you are GONE.

I agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone wanting to complain about the moderating on this site needs to go to other political websites that claim to be non biased like politicalcrossfire or politicalforum. They wouldn't last a day in either of those places. I left both because they were so pussified, you couldn't go after anyone for anything. You call someone a "stupid fucking liar" you are GONE.
I've never been anywhere but here.

This is like my 6th political forum I've been a member of since before 9/11. This is BY FAR the best one.
That's cool... I like this site also... I've been here for a long time it seems... Can't remember how long though. A sign of getting old I guess or rather it's just good ole ignorance on my part is all... 😂

Forum List

Back