About : The Script

How can Christianity control people? Wanna talk about the people who are shooting abortion doctors in the name of Christianity? How about the people who are discriminating and denying gays equal rights for civil unions and marriage, because they believe homosexuality is a sin?

Wanna talk about the bigoted bullshit some pull on each other? Compare Northern and Southern Baptists.

You can't get that kind of bigotry without someone pulling the strings via the preachings.

We both know if someone is "shooting" abortion doctors "in the name Christianity they aren't listening to Jesus Christ! Besides how is that "controlling" other people? It's just plain horribly wrong and a sin. Ever hear of false teachers and prophets in the Bible? That happens too and Satan uses it big time to deceive the hell out of people. (Harold Camping, Jim Jones and Manson, etc... as someone mentioned in another thread) The list goes on.

And homosexuality IS a sin according to the Bible. What, people can't have their faith in God and believe that something is a sin? And they can't exercise their right to vote for those they believe have the same values? Believing something is a sin doesn't mean alot of Christians don't accept others... just the "accepting" party has a conviction deep within whether they recognize it or not so they kick against it. We all have sinned and done things wrong - step up if you never have - I'll gladly give ya medal! lol

Keep it up!!! Before long freedom of religion will be wiped out soon, ya Nazi! :tongue: Goes back and forth ya know. Perhaps unbelievers are the ones trying to "control" believers?? Hmmm? LOL Sheesh! :tongue:

There isn't a problem believing Homosexuality is a sin. This is America, you can believe what you want. Just STFU about it.... simple as that. You are not without sin. Who are you to judge others?

The problem isn't about the biblical concept of sin. One sin is no better/worse than another in God's eyes. So... while some rail against homosexuality, others about abortion and yet others about addiction... they are committing an extra sin on top of the skeletons in their closets... they are judging.

unbelievers trying to control believers? Gimme a break. I am a life long Christian and have NEVER felt threatened by an Atheist. But for once in your life... put your feet in their shoes.

How would you feel if there was a predominant group of people in the country in which you live that felt that Barney the Purple Dinosaur was our God and savior, and most of the rules that we live by were from "Barney's Book of Secrets"? You, being a Christian would very much feel threatened by this country's obsession with Barney.... when You know for a fact that Barney is a dude in a purple dinosaur suit.

They don't care what we believe... they just don't want to be subject to the rules we try to live by.

I think you're misunderstanding something and also the part where I said "We've all sinned." I wasn't judging , I was pointing out that it's part of our faith that it is a sin. Don't even know why you started the convo like you did either, it was what I said too.

May I please ask you, who is Jesus Christ to you and when did He come into your life?

You know........Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin, however, there are MANY other faiths where they look at it as another state of being (Hindu for one).

Now, if this is a country where you are free to practice your own religion, why is it that almost all Christians I've met tell me there is only 1 way to God, and that is only via Jesus Christ.

What about the Jews? Don't they get to talk and spend time with God? After all, they knew Him first.

What about the Buddhists and Taoists? Don't they get to talk and spend time with God via observing Creation?

Or is it that all Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Muslims, etc must convert over to Christianity or else risk being burned forever in hell?

THAT is the kind of control that most Christians try to push over on me that I despise, believe as I do, or you're consigned to hell forever.

The reason why almost all Christians you've met tell you that there is only one way to God, is that we believe Jesus Christ our Lord when He said...

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We believe His Word and there's LOTS in there..and One of His Names IS the Word of God..

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4
10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Revelation 19:13
And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God.

I'm not telling you to do anything here.. but if you want.. I'm just giving you resources if you want to know why Christians believe why they do. There is link below showing prophecies of the Lord Jesus Christ...These are verses in the Old Testament (which Jewish people believe in) of the Bible written well before Jesus came that prophesied about Jesus Christ as Messiah. (Savior, etc) Jewish people believe that Messiah is still to come, however He has already come. The verses in the old Testament clearly show so many prophecies fullfilled by Jesus Christ our Lord. He never sinned. He fulfilled them all.

http://www.messiahrevealed.org/

Isaiah 53 in the Old Testament has great verses which point directly to Jesus Christ:

Isaiah 53

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.

4 Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Those verses point to Jesus Christ and that He died for the sins of the world. Keep in mind, Isaiah was written B.C. - before Jesus Christ was born. To this day, Jesus Christ is still persecuted and despised...as in the verses above, people still turn their faces from Him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Isaiah

Last edited:
Question...........if Christianity was founded by Romans (i.e. the Catholic church) and they got their information translated, then mixed it with pagan values (Easter and Christmas) to sell it to the people, because Rome needed cash and saw that as the best way to generate revenue...........

And then, fast forward to modern times with the advent of the "mega church"................

How can you NOT see that Christianity has been used for money?

Then.........factor in the Christian Coalition in today's politics..........

How can you NOT see that Christianity is used for control?
Christianity was not founded by the catholic church and rome did not found the catholic church. Christianity is nothing more than following Christ. The problem is that the catholic chuch has been corrupted into believing it is the gov't. of God.

Of course it is. Back in the good old days (think 1100 through 1500), they scared people with the concept of hell as described by Dante in the Divine Comedy.

I mean..........going back to the same place every week, to be told what to do, or else you are going to be damned to hell?

One of the reasons that I don't trust Christians to tell me who God really is.

What in the heck? How can Christianity control people? No person can make someone else truly believe in Jesus Christ. It's ALL on a personal basis.

How can Christianity control people? Wanna talk about the people who are shooting abortion doctors in the name of Christianity? How about the people who are discriminating and denying gays equal rights for civil unions and marriage, because they believe homosexuality is a sin?

Wanna talk about the bigoted bullshit some pull on each other? Compare Northern and Southern Baptists.

You can't get that kind of bigotry without someone pulling the strings via the preachings.
Homosexuality is a sin, period, the word of God says so.

What in the heck? How can Christianity control people? No person can make someone else truly believe in Jesus Christ. It's ALL on a personal basis.

Really?

* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

We both know if someone is "shooting" abortion doctors "in the name Christianity they aren't listening to Jesus Christ! Besides how is that "controlling" other people? It's just plain horribly wrong and a sin. Ever hear of false teachers and prophets in the Bible? That happens too and Satan uses it big time to deceive the hell out of people. (Harold Camping, Jim Jones and Manson, etc... as someone mentioned in another thread) The list goes on.

And homosexuality IS a sin according to the Bible. What, people can't have their faith in God and believe that something is a sin? And they can't exercise their right to vote for those they believe have the same values? Believing something is a sin doesn't mean alot of Christians don't accept others... just the "accepting" party has a conviction deep within whether they recognize it or not so they kick against it. We all have sinned and done things wrong - step up if you never have - I'll gladly give ya medal! lol

Keep it up!!! Before long freedom of religion will be wiped out soon, ya Nazi! :tongue: Goes back and forth ya know. Perhaps unbelievers are the ones trying to "control" believers?? Hmmm? LOL Sheesh! :tongue:

There isn't a problem believing Homosexuality is a sin. This is America, you can believe what you want. Just STFU about it.... simple as that. You are not without sin. Who are you to judge others?

The problem isn't about the biblical concept of sin. One sin is no better/worse than another in God's eyes. So... while some rail against homosexuality, others about abortion and yet others about addiction... they are committing an extra sin on top of the skeletons in their closets... they are judging.

unbelievers trying to control believers? Gimme a break. I am a life long Christian and have NEVER felt threatened by an Atheist. But for once in your life... put your feet in their shoes.

How would you feel if there was a predominant group of people in the country in which you live that felt that Barney the Purple Dinosaur was our God and savior, and most of the rules that we live by were from "Barney's Book of Secrets"? You, being a Christian would very much feel threatened by this country's obsession with Barney.... when You know for a fact that Barney is a dude in a purple dinosaur suit.

They don't care what we believe... they just don't want to be subject to the rules we try to live by.

I think you're misunderstanding something and also the part where I said "We've all sinned." I wasn't judging , I was pointing out that it's part of our faith that it is a sin. Don't even know why you started the convo like you did either, it was what I said too.

May I please ask you, who is Jesus Christ to you and when did He come into your life?

First, let me address your question. Christ is my personal Lord and Savior. I know that I am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God. I am imperfect. I do my best to do what he asks of me, but I often fall short. But the beauty of Christianity is that I don't have to be perfect. How did he come into my life?

I don't know... I asked him to.. much like other people. A troubled time in life. I'll tell you.. My first wife had an affair on me. We decided to go to a Christian Counselor. I reaffirmed my faith during those sessions.... believe it or not, my wife's insistence that we don't bring up the affair to the counselor(you know... confess our sins?) was one of the things that convinced me that she wasn't serious or willing to work things out... after another year of trying to work things out, I left. Funny thing is, God has a plan. I met a wonderful woman who's husband had an affair on her and left her alone with two kids(12 and 5). We have been married for 11 years and we put one through college and is living on his own, and OUR daughter(I consider them both mine even though they don't have a hint of my DNA in them) is moving into college Next week. Polly and I have had our moments of strain... as all couples do, but by and large...this marriage is what my first one should have been. The thing I learned from my first marriage is forgiveness. I hold her no ill will, I hope that she is happy in her life and wish her nothing but the best.

IMO, THAT is what Christianity is all about. For an example, I live in Central Pennsylvania. A while back, a rather insane person shot up an Amish School in Lancaster County(about 2 hours away from where I live). The Amish refused to be hateful towards the shooter(who was killed) or his family... they actually attended his funeral and gave support to his wife.

Christianity, IMO... is not the fundamentalist, Judgmental version that I see in action every day of my life. Christ is not exclusion, he is inclusion. Sure, Homosexuality is deemed a sin in the bible... So is adultery, so is greed, so are many other things. God doesn't separate one sin from another...man does. Because it makes him/her feel better about themselves if they can point to someone else and say "at least I don't do THAT!"

I don't care what the 'word of God' says. I believe that The Bible is as 'Divinely Inspired' as an old phone book from the 70's.

Homosexuality is a right. The Constitution says so.

It's only a sin in you believe in God and the Bible. It's not a sin in Buddhism.

Really?

* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

You are right. But that also doesn't justify homosexuality. It is a sin, period. Along with adultry, sex before marriage, lying. Jesus did say the path to Heaven is a narrow one. Also Hindu, Buddhists, Islam, and scientology are all manmade religions, to me more correctly, cults.

It's only a sin in you believe in God and the Bible. It's not a sin in Buddhism.
Of course not believing in the One true God is a sin also. Gay is sin, period.

Really?

You are right. But that also doesn't justify homosexuality. It is a sin, period. Along with adultry, sex before marriage, lying. Jesus did say the path to Heaven is a narrow one. Also Hindu, Buddhists, Islam, and scientology are all manmade religions, to me more correctly, cults.

Hey.........the only "sins" I'm aware of are the ones committed by breaking either the 7 Noahide Commandments, or one of the 10 Commandments. It's people like you who consider "sin" to be anything that goes against your beliefs. Gotta be careful like that because the dogma can block your vision.

By the way........you DO know that Leviticus is a MANUAL FOR JEWISH PRIESTS, right? That means it was written laws SPECIFICALLY FOR PRIESTS and not the rest of the people.

Last edited:

Really?

Is killing a sin? How come you guys don't mention it? You seem to be real hung up on sex.

Really?

Cult.

Perfect word to describe all religions, Christianity included. If Christianity weren't a cult, it wouldn't have been modified so many times though out its short history to suit to changing politics of the timeline.

Is killing a sin? How come you guys don't mention it? You seem to be real hung up on sex.

Killing is one of those rare sins that is actually considered a sin by all mainstream human organizations.

It's a rare point of agreement, affording us the luxury of moving along to the points where we don't agree. Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) that the same can be said for child abuse, animal cruelty and robbing people at gun point.

Secular laws need to deal with how we interact with each other and be binding to all / religious laws need to be binding only to believers and deal with how we interact with ourselves and our personally preferred Deity.

For everything not covered by secular law, tolerance of each other is required. Welcome to the responsibility that comes as a price for freedom.

Of course not believing in the One true God is a sin also. Gay is sin, period.

America is a concept designed around the idea that deciding who The One True God is is something that each and every one of us gets to decide for ourselves in the privacy of our own minds.

:eusa_think: Perhaps you should ask an administrator to help you change your handle to "AmericanSecond".....

Last edited:
I'll never understand the reasons behind wanting to start a conversation with the only goal being to attack someone else's faith.

If you don't believe, fine.
I will never start a thread calling non-believers stupid for not believing.

Forum List

Back