About Romney

He's an evil theocrat who has shown that at the first opportunity he will hand the keys to the White House over to people in Salt Lake City.

... oh wait ... no ... he hasn't shown any signs of that .....

He's an evil theocrat who has shown that at the first opportunity he will hand the keys to the White House over to people in Salt Lake City.

Have you been into the cat nip again? Hmmmm?

Im serious. Other than Romney Care, what is the biggest policy objection to Romney?

I would have thought there would be something by now. I know there are alot of people who dont like Romney for whatever reason. So where is everyone?

Other than Romneycare, what are his biggest hurdles with conservatives?

Other than RomneyCare? That's like asking "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" RomneyCare essentially throws away the Republicans best argument against Obama.

But I'll play along.

1) Mormonism for the Evangelicals and at least one Conservative Atheist.

2) The fact he talks out of both sides of his mouth on gay rights, taxes, and abortion. (Frankly, I'm more pragmatic on these issues, but it shows his lack of integrity that he's just saying what he thinks to get elected.)

3) For Conservatives who aren't wealthy, the fact he made his fortune shipping jobs to China. Some would call that economic treason.

But it isn't just the idealogy or the sleazy executives or the whackadoodle religion.

Overall, it's the fact that he'd just be an awful candidate. He was an awful candidate in 2008. He was an awful candidate against Ted Kennedy in 1994. He barely won in 2002 against a non-entity, and was polling so badly in 2006 he didn't even bother running for re-election.

As I have often said, and Romney "cultists" like to avoid, is that the only way that the Republican wins is if he gets everyone who voted for McCain to vote for him and then peels away about five million people who voted for Obama last time.

I just don't see how Romney does that. Romney isn't fit to carry McCain's medal case. I know a lot of people who voted for McCain who won't vote for Romney. I don't know anyone who voted for Obama who will.

His race baiting of Hispanics may have given him a boost against Perry, but Hispanics are going to remember it next November, and he won't get the 39% of the Hispanic vote McCain got in 2008.

Yep. Just like that evil Catholic - John Kennedy - he handed America over to Rome! It was outrageous....

oh wait.

He didn't do that either.

Oh well.

I don't have any major issues with Romney - even the health care thing... because it was a state initiative, not a federal one.

Yep. Just like that evil Catholic - John Kennedy - he handed America over to Rome! It was outrageous....

oh wait.

Oh well.

I don't have any major issues with Romney - even the health care thing... because it was a state initiative, not a federal one.

It could have been in Kennedy's plan for his second term. :lol:

oh wait.

Oh well.

It could have been in Kennedy's plan for his second term. :lol:

:eek:

oh wait.

Oh well.

good point. One that I'm sure will be lost on his opposition.

Everyone attacking Romney really thinks he's on par with Obama; that there's really no difference between the two?

oh wait.

Oh well.

Of course you don't. You've let yourself become deluded that Romney could actually beat Obama.

He won't.

oh wait.

Oh well.

Of course you don't. You've let yourself become deluded that Romney could actually beat Obama.

He won't.

then no one will.

I might also just point out... it is not unheard of for Catholics to support Mormons and vice versa. :eek:

It isn't the Catholics you have to worry about. Catholics don't vote their faith. Kerry was Catholic, and he split the Catholic vote with Bush in 2004.

It's the Evangelicals you have to worry about. The Evangelicals who consider Mormonism to be a cult. The Evangelicals who don't like the fact Romney talks out of both sides of his mouth about the issues they care about. the 44% of Evangelicals who say they will not vote for Romney.

oh wait.

Oh well.

He won't.

then no one will.

Very possibly. The Establishment pretty much chased all the credible people out of this race, and we are stuck with this bunch of jokers.

Heck, the only one I would consider voting for is Perry. I may well vote Democratic for the first time in my life.

He won't.

then no one will.

Very possibly. The Establishment pretty much chased all the credible people out of this race, and we are stuck with this bunch of jokers.

Heck, the only one I would consider voting for is Perry. I may well vote Democratic for the first time in my life.

The establishment chased nobody out.

then no one will.

Okay, you tell yourself that. You tell yourself that Huckabee, Daniels, Haley Barbour, Chris Christie, and a bunch of other guys vastly more qualified than the Android from Kolob all decided to take a pass on their own.

I might also just point out... it is not unheard of for Catholics to support Mormons and vice versa. :eek:

It isn't the Catholics you have to worry about. Catholics don't vote their faith. Kerry was Catholic, and he split the Catholic vote with Bush in 2004.

It's the Evangelicals you have to worry about. The Evangelicals who consider Mormonism to be a cult. The Evangelicals who don't like the fact Romney talks out of both sides of his mouth about the issues they care about. the 44% of Evangelicals who say they will not vote for Romney.

Evangelicals are, in the main, hysterical hypocrites. The GOP can afford to lose them - because independents carry elections, not whining hypocrites.

Okay, you tell yourself that. You tell yourself that Huckabee, Daniels, Haley Barbour, Chris Christie, and a bunch of other guys vastly more qualified than the Android from Kolob all decided to take a pass on their own.

They were chased....that is clear.....but not by the establishment. They were chased by the reaction that Perry got when he turned out to be left of Michael Savage.

Forum List

Back